TAESL closing January 31

Perhaps lack of backfill due to one of the most expensive places to live in the USA.

liltyke said:
Yeah I saw that, why do they need that many guys??
A little help, but I think a new " Line " is being opened? But in reality There are 354 Title 1 AMT's coming out of Tasel with 100 openings at DWH and 16 OSM's with most having seniority at 1995. Some coming to TULE and there is probably something  to the Early Out....

Figure it has to be a new line because 29 guys is about a 25% increase in mech's there. Heck 30% if you break out cc's and inspectors.

Well since HDQ is in DFW, how about bringing work in from CLT. Make CLT a gas and go hub. Just saying.

liltyke said:
Yeah I saw that, why do they need that many guys??
SFO is supposed to get another 737 Bck. As a side note, since USAirways does phase checks not B checks, who knows what maintenance program the new American Airlines will finally end up with. Heck, you could actually do a phase check at any station, as long as there are no pattern cards with a QC requirement.

Slopoke said:
SFO is supposed to get another 737 Bck. As a side note, since USAirways does phase checks not B checks, who knows what maintenance program the new American Airlines will finally end up with. Heck, you could actually do a phase check at any station, as long as there are no pattern cards with a QC requirement.
in dfw we dont have a maintenance program the grand plan is defer it to dwh.....

Slopoke said:
We do B checks.  At least we did until the last 737 left a few months ago.  And besides that, I'm not sure what a "pattern" card is, but here anyone can be a DQC.  When they tell you to be.  Like it or not.

1AA said:
Well since HDQ is in DFW, how about bringing work in from CLT. Make CLT a gas and go hub. Just saying.
CLT isn't anywhere it's protected and has a line and heavy hangars.

1AA said:
Don't worry.

I'm sure you'll be picking up an little work from a certain couple of USAirways staions, just as soon as a JCBA is ratified.  Just saying.

Real tired said:
We do B checks.  At least we did until the last 737 left a few months ago.  And besides that, I'm not sure what a "pattern" card is, but here anyone can be a DQC.  When they tell you to be.  Like it or not.

I know we do B checks, I've done them as a mechanic and as an inspector at AA since 86.

A pattern card is another term for job card. I don't know what a "DQC" is but out here on the line, a card with a QC in the block has to be done by an inspector, not an RII.

700UW said:
CLT isn't anywhere it's protected and has a line and heavy hangars.

Protected under your current CBA, correct?

Let's see what the new JCBA brings before any promises are made??

Back