TAESL closing January 31

Day 2.....and not one single word from any union rep. and 700, you keep saying delta is employees at will?? so is everyone employed at AA. the company does what it wants, when it wants. and what does the union do????????? priority #1-bring back the shitbags when they get fired!!!!!!

99Roadstar said:
Day 2.....and not one single word from any union rep. and 700, you keep saying delta is employees at will?? so is everyone employed at AA. the company does what it wants, when it wants. and what does the union do????????? priority #1-bring back the shitbags when they get fired!!!!!!
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^   ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Listen to this man

I hope everyone understands and realizes that whatever is destined to happen IS GOING TO HAPPEN......No contract will prevent it.

you have to give the TWU a little slack given this statement:

“But for a company that claims to value its relationship with its employees above all else, American Airlines has once again shown its true colors. The company’s management notified us of TAESL’s closing mere minutes before the public announcement. We barely had time to break this news to our own members before their families read online or heard about it on television. These are people’s lives and futures, and yet American Airlines can’t even offer them the decency of some advanced warning."

AA cannot tell all of its employees ahead of a major announcement that could effect stock price but it can tell select union leaders.

I pity the people who were blindsided and my hope is still that some of them will be able to remain in the area where they have chosen to live and work.

MetalMover said:
What does the letter really say? Typical TWU who in my opinion knew this was going to happen. Now they release a statement because they are about to get hit in the pocket with loss of dues. I keep reading the Association is almost ready to go. Yea that's not too obvious with the timing of the closing of Taesl. I hope the union and company do right by all those affected. Hopefully the company and union can get enough vacancies between DWH and DFW without putting anyone on the street against their will.

Dont worry, the bubba club will be fine. The company and union didnt seem to mind putting people out on the street against thier will in 2012.

1AA said:
What does the letter really say? Typical TWU who in my opinion knew this was going to happen. Now they release a statement because they are about to get hit in the pocket with loss of dues. I keep reading the Association is almost ready to go. Yea that's not too obvious with the timing of the closing of Taesl. I hope the union and company do right by all those affected. Hopefully the company and union can get enough vacancies between DWH and DFW without putting anyone on the street against their will.
It says they head their head up their arses on this on.....

It would certainly be nice if the company would offer something to the 65+ yo mechanics to ride off in the sunset.  At least the riffed guys wouldn't be on the street if they wanted to stay with this "wonderful" company.

1AA said:
Im hearing approx 120 openings at dwh and none at dfw. Nobody should hit the street, but the jobs available will be in undesireable locations most likely.

So no fight to keep jobs?  Save members from rifs, layoffs, or forced relocations? WTF?  Just this statement;  " Our mechanics are indeed the best and the brightest, and as their union, we’ll do whatever it takes to make sure they land on their feet."

Are you serious?  What a very sad read for all the members affected by this. Let's see what this association handles this crap they KNEW was coming along time ago...

TopCat870 said:
Im hearing approx 120 openings at dwh and none at dfw. Nobody should hit the street, but the jobs available will be in undesireable locations most likely.
UNDESIRABLE? So, unless you're in TEXAS, everywhere else is UNDESIRABLE?

swamt said:
So no fight to keep jobs?  Save members from rifs, layoffs, or forced relocations? WTF?  Just this statement;  " Our mechanics are indeed the best and the brightest, and as their union, we’ll do whatever it takes to make sure they land on their feet."

Are you serious?  What a very sad read for all the members affected by this. Let's see what this association handles this crap they KNEW was coming along time ago...
What do you suggest they do? The union can't stop a base from closing. Heck, they can't even get their members to wear their union t-shirts for one day.

Tater Salad said:
What do you suggest they do? The union can't stop a base from closing. Heck, they can't even get their members to wear their union t-shirts for one day.
Why not?
The line from the TWU is "at Delta, you are employees at will".
So what did I miss here?
Where was the Union premium at Taesel?

Someone at the International walk me through the difference between having a union and not again.
Let's start with compensation and then run down the list from there.

Back