TAESL closing January 31

eolesen said:
Rumors are great, but I seriously don't see anyone overhauling Trents in the US, especially when the bulk of the widebody MBV's will be done overseas.
errrr. 
do you mean Trent 800s or Trents in general

if Trents in general then your wrong E. 

and I just want to point out that Engine overhaul schedule (at least at Delta) has nothing to do with airframe overhaul schedule. If we(or a vendor) change an engine at a check it just happened to be time for that engines overhaul. It isn't always included in the work scope though.
Paint is also done the same way. (again at Delta, no idea what AA does) 

Too bad this happening but I do not think this is all of a sudden. Fro example I found these little gems while doing research for a term paper and concerns the relationship between AMR and HEICO that goes back to 2001. You did not think those 777 overhauls were going to go to just any bidder did you?

AA-Heico-1.JPG

AA-Heico-2.JPG

eolesen said:
Rumors are great, but I seriously don't see anyone overhauling Trents in the US, especially when the bulk of the widebody MBV's will be done overseas.
The big Trents are hard to ship from overseas. Just about all of our 777 engine changes are done in the USA. When one of our 777's needed an emergency engine change in South America, it was a major production to change it there. I can see Canada as an overhaul spot because it is close to ORD and JFK.

dvlhog212 said:
It's going to be interesting to see if they follow the contract or cut some special deals. I'm putting my money on some kind of special deal!

I actually hope they expand DWH's work and just move the TAESL guys over there. That would be the best for the AFW guys, and I'll bet they'll continue the same output that DWH is use to.

phase inspections, B checks, interior insp, mods, 

So, with TAESL closing. I think its time for local 567 to dissolve and be absorbed into 591.

The Dissident said:
Too bad this happening but I do not think this is all of a sudden. Fro example I found these little gems while doing research for a term paper and concerns the relationship between AMR and HEICO that goes back to 2001. You did not think those 777 overhauls were going to go to just any bidder did you?

HEICO the Florida parts manufacturer is a completely different company and has no relationship to HAECO, the Hong Kong based MRO where AA is sending 777s for heavy C checks:

http://www.heico.com/

http://www.haeco.com/

The first is a parts manufacturer in Hollywood, Florida started by William Heinicke (from where the corporate name originated). It manufactures aftermarket aircraft parts and established a joint venture with AA in 2001.

HAECO began as the Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company by the owners of Cathay Pacific.

The connection between Cathay Pacific and AA goes back even farther than 2001; in 1999, Cathay Pacific was one of the charter members of the Oneworld Alliance.

To be fair. theyre not the only ones that came out. Interesting.. not a peep from our representative , the ASS.

Just imagine the uproar if a like amount of baggage handlers were getting rifd.

1AA said:
After reading the article I believe work could continue for all RR work from other carriers around the world and they can even expand to other RR engines. There is money to be made. Unfortunately Parker has stated more than once we are not in the MRO business. This is the first round. Even though no layoffs according to AA, people are being displaced or might take a lay off. Let's hope for the best for all the guys at AFW.
If you look in the Jetnet story it says (verbatim)  "the vast majority of employees will be eligible for a  planned voluntary early out plan"

I got lay off from AFW  and a have been stuck in one these fine line stations for almost three years thanks to the Fucking TWU. They surplused 80 guys into TAESL to save the "boys" while the rest get to hit the streets or go to some **** hole station. TWU  looooves to use the seniority pool in lay offs and rifs, not to mention red circle bullshit shops when ever it suits them and the company. I hope these assholes hit the street...even better , bump out to JFK, LAX or any one of the other **** stations this worthless company has...were waiting for you with open arms...and we'll take gooood care of you....BOYS.  But I'm sure Larry is on his knees trying to get a one station agreement with DFW or DWH so the boys(and him of course) can slither right in further screwing the guys stuck out in the system, O, and once the boys come on over, I'm sure DWH will lay off, plenty slithered over there during AFW lay off, they may even lay off at DFW....AGAIN. Parkers gotta get his scope and it coming.....RIGHT UP YOUR ASS!

I got lay off from AFW  and a have been stuck in one these fine line stations for almost three years thanks to the #### TWU. They surplused 80 guys into TAESL to save the "boys" while the rest get to hit the streets or go to some #### hole station. TWU  looooves to use the seniority pool in lay offs and rifs, not to mention red circle bullshit shops when ever it suits them and the company. I hope these assholes hit the street...even better , bump out to JFK, LAX or any one of the other #### stations this worthless company has...were waiting for you with open arms...and we'll take gooood care of you....BOYS.  But I'm sure Larry is on his knees trying to get a one station agreement with DFW or DWH so the boys(and him of course) can slither right in further screwing the guys stuck out in the system, O, and once the boys come on over, I'm sure DWH will lay off, plenty slithered over there during AFW lay off, they may even lay off at DFW....AGAIN. Parkers gotta get his scope and it coming.....RIGHT UP YOUR ASS!
A little bitter are you?

Lots of misdirected frustration on here. The airline has been very public in the last year about wanting to get more engine types into the JV, it was Rolls-Royce that was not interested in keeping TASEL going.

Nothing misdirected. Everyone knew RR and AA could disolve the agreement, the issue is how the twu handles the lay offs. They could open the transfer list and let people come back who have been stuck for years and THEN after that, have rifs at Taesl...O....wait. that would put some high time guys on the street(theres no bumping, just fill vacancies at the twu..right!)or at some shitty station. Again these assholes are taking care of the boys. This thread should be about that....who gives a **** where or who is going to do the engine work... its not us.

Latest posts

Back