TAESL closing January 31

Technology? We are aircraft mechnics working on the most advanced technology in the world but getting RIF info? That's complicated stuff!!!

bigjets said:
Do we have someone as a communications director or representative? With today's technology, we should be a lot more informed about what's going on with our union and other union brothers.
I would be embarassed to be a rep for 567, they apparently are not communicating with their membership what so ever. When they closed AFW, they created a RIF link on the website that said under construction for over a year if I remember correctly.

The twu as a whole and 567 in particular, have always done a very poor job of communicating. The 567 website is updated quarterly at best. Seems to me with over half of its membership being laid off. 567 should be dissolved. The remaining membership here at DWH would like to be absorbed into 591.

That's logical but what does GP want? Does he want to and will he properly represent lowly overhaul mechanics?

AA89 said:
That's logical but what does GP want? Does he want to and will he properly represent lowly overhaul mechanics?
IDK how Gary feels about it. As far as "overhaul" mechanics. We are hoping to get that changed in the JCBA. The majority of work done here is line work. I have not done "overhaul" work since Thanksgiving of 2012 when we pushed out our last MBV at AFW.

The A25 line test is no longer required!

I believe their is one exception, someone going from TULE base maintenance to TUL line must still test..

2ndGENAMT said:
I believe their is one exception, someone going from TULE base maintenance to TUL line must still test..
Since when? 100+ guys at TAESL took it this week for pre-qualification. Of course it's not necessary if going to DWH.

bigjets said:
Do we have someone as a communications director or representative? With today's technology, we should be a lot more informed about what's going on with our union and other union brothers.
Would they have to show up to/for work?  That might be a big disadvantage for some perspective applicants.  

2ndGENAMT said:
The A25 is still required

About 567? Once TAESL closes there is just DWH in 567. Wouldn't the logic that merged all the line locals come in to play again and 567's members would go to 514 or 591?

Overspeed said:
About 567? Once TAESL closes there is just DWH in 567. Wouldn't the logic that merged all the line locals come in to play again and 567's members would go to 514 or 591?
Oh no! We want NOTHING TO DO WITH 514. All the guys I have talked to want to be in 591.

dvlhog212 said:
Oh no! We want NOTHING TO DO WITH 514. All the guys I have talked to want to be in 591.
Well of course the members of tye new 567 will get to vote on it and get what they want. Just like a 1 station agreement between AFW and DWH.......

dvlhog212 said:
The twu as a whole and 567 in particular, have always done a very poor job of communicating. The 567 website is updated quarterly at best. Seems to me with over half of its membership being laid off. 567 should be dissolved. The remaining membership here at DWH would like to be absorbed into 591.
You should be happy, at least you have bad communication......

Back