TAESL closing January 31

1AA said:
R/R is protecting it's interest. Parker did say we are not in the MRO business.
Go back and read the company's correspondence regarding the TAESL closing. It states that RR projections of declining volumes for engine work and they were not willing to make an investment to brink in another type of engine work.
This is beginning to sound like "WHO IS REALLY DRAGGING THEIR FEET FOR THE JCBA."

MetalMover said:
Go back and read the company's correspondence regarding the TAESL closing. It states that RR projections of declining volumes for engine work and they were not willing to make an investment to brink in another type of engine work.
This is beginning to sound like "WHO IS REALLY DRAGGING THEIR FEET FOR THE JCBA."
and they(RR) aren't investing a cent 

We don't and wont have a JV with Rolls. 

Even if DL buys the TEASL buildings (or leases) it will be Delta TechOps. No JV. No RR. Leadership has made it clear any forum of JV is out of the question, you guys getting burned is exactly why. 

what are the openings for these guys to go to. any one with station numbers? Is that confirmed only $42,000 buy out?

paul1 said:
what are the openings for these guys to go to. any one with station numbers? Is that confirmed only $42,000 buy out?

I looked at the transfer lists the other day and the openings that were for A/C Maint there are no longer there. At one time just recently, SFO had 29 vacancies, because of the 2nd B-CK line going there.

paul1 said:
We have no details yet, only rumors and speculation. Early out hasn't been confirmed either. Packets are now rumored to be handed out the end of next week.

I`m hearing awards (vacancies/RIF) are early December. Report dates early January. I`m sure the holidays are going to slow the SIDA process. There was a paper floating around DWH today with timelines, but it was nothing official. Good luck guys.

dvlhog212 are these the dates that you saw floating around at DWH?

Some dates that are floating around in TAESL.

TAESL RIF Plan

Oct 26-31 A25 Written test opportunity(?)
Oct 27 WARN communication distribution.
Oct 27-28 Identify and freeze vacancies for Title I, II & V.
Nov 5-6 Issue RIF notices.
Nov 10 Option Selection window opens.
Nov 17 Option Selection window closes.
Nov 17-19 Process Awards with TWU committee.
Nov 20 Accept/Decline window opens.
Nov 23 Accept/Decline window closes.
Nov 30 Final awards distribution.
Dec 3 Freeze lifted.
Dec 4 Issue report date notices for after base closure(Solicit for volunteers to go early(?)).
Dec 7-11 A25 Classroom training - TAESL for those awarded Line AMT positions.
Jan 1-31 Reassign to awarded positions in the system.

dvlhog212 are these the dates that you saw floating around at DWH?

Some dates that are floating around in TAESL.

TAESL RIF Plan

Oct 26-31 A25 Written test opportunity(?)
Oct 27 WARN communication distribution.
Oct 27-28 Identify and freeze vacancies for Title I, II & V.
Nov 5-6 Issue RIF notices.
Nov 10 Option Selection window opens.
Nov 17 Option Selection window closes.
Nov 17-19 Process Awards with TWU committee.
Nov 20 Accept/Decline window opens.
Nov 23 Accept/Decline window closes.
Nov 30 Final awards distribution.
Dec 3 Freeze lifted.
Dec 4 Issue report date notices for after base closure(Solicit for volunteers to go early(?)).
Dec 7-11 A25 Classroom training - TAESL for those awarded Line AMT positions.
Jan 1-31 Reassign to awarded positions in the system.
Yep, that`s what is floating around DWH. I have no idea where it came from. No letterhead or signature.

Yup, that's all we have to go by. Some un-authorized copy of someones power point presentation. It may be 100% true but who knows. Guess we'll find out soon.

Do we have someone as a communications director or representative? With today's technology, we should be a lot more informed about what's going on with our union and other union brothers.

Back