TAESL closing January 31

Like the Kansas city overhaul base? Vote yes, save jobs and the rest is history.

Nah, I don`t see this as "vote yes to save jobs" kind of deal. I`ve been at DWH for 3 years now. Our work is very fluid. Never more than a few months of consistent work.

MetalMover said:
Good point. And they don't have to go through the expense of the hiring and training processes.
There will be years of training. Most of these guys have not worked on live planes in 15 years.

texasreb said:
There will be years of training. Most of these guys have not worked on live planes in 15 years.
I don't think that would be an issue. As long as they are fleet qualified.

I don't think that would be an issue. As long as they are fleet qualified.
Most of the guys have 757 and 767. Some may even have 777. It ends there though. It will take them awhile to come up to speed on the new fleets, policies and procedures. I figure 1/3 will adjust fine. Another 1/3 will be completely lost. The other 1/3 somewhere in between. Some of these guys are the same ones who tried to keep the AFW Hangar AMTs from moving into TASEL when the hangar was shutdown. Talk then of "red circle" and "specialized training". I will help who I can when they come aboard, but some are going to have to figure it out on there own.

dvlhog212 said:
Most of the guys have 757 and 767. Some may even have 777. It ends there though. It will take them awhile to come up to speed on the new fleets, policies and procedures. I figure 1/3 will adjust fine. Another 1/3 will be completely lost. The other 1/3 somewhere in between. Some of these guys are the same ones who tried to keep the AFW Hangar AMTs from moving into TASEL when the hangar was shutdown. Talk then of "red circle" and "specialized training". I will help who I can when they come aboard, but some are going to have to figure it out on there own.
Short of GEN-FAM  I think that the company looks at a Boeing as a Boeing. One issue that keeps popping up is the lack of A&P Tickets? I have been told that in most of the industry that American is one of the last that allow non-licensed mechanics? These guys that lack them are in many cases excellent mechanics.

But an issue here at TUL is these junior in seniority, mechanics who will be RIF'ed by the machinists, which is allowed by contract today. I am not sure how the new contract will effects this if at all.

Buck said:
Short of GEN-FAM  I think that the company looks at a Boeing as a Boeing. One issue that keeps popping up is the lack of A&P Tickets? I have been told that in most of the industry that American is one of the last that allow non-licensed mechanics? These guys that lack them are in many cases excellent mechanics.

But an issue here at TUL is these junior in seniority, mechanics who will be RIF'ed by the machinists, which is allowed by contract today. I am not sure how the new contract will effects this if at all.
you just wait there will be layoffs in Tulsa or a huge transfer of mechanics to osm wages doing the same job we do today. Do you really think AA is going to pay all of us 50 dollars an hour

iluvaa said:
you just wait there will be layoffs in Tulsa or a huge transfer of mechanics to osm wages doing the same job we do today. Do you really think AA is going to pay all of us 50 dollars an hour
No they will not pay us al $50 an hour. But I believe you have some time here and know that the TWU's type of unionism is socilistic, meaning in this case that it is more important to have more members to generate dues for the TWU International and AFL-CIO, rather than increase the quality of life for a smaller group especially with the run for the Whitehouse next year.

Buck said:
No they will not pay us al $50 an hour. But I believe you have some time here and know that the TWU's type of unionism is socilistic, meaning in this case that it is more important to have more members to generate dues for the TWU International and AFL-CIO, rather than increase the quality of life for a smaller group especially with the run for the Whitehouse next year.
But keep in mind this is not just about the TWU anymore. Try telling the IAM people that they need to save TULE jobs.

MetalMover said:
But keep in mind this is not just about the TWU anymore. Try telling the IAM people that they need to save TULE jobs.

I agree the idea of saving jobs for lower wages benefits etc has been a disaster,
but f--- the IAM!!! The only reason they are here is to save their crappy IAMPF.

MetalMover said:

I'm sure they will also tell PIT and CLT(hvy) the same thing.
We on the east coast are thinking all Heavy Checks (what does not get contracted out) will move to Tulsa. It does not make sense to run 3 heavy Maintenance locations.
Junior guy in PIT i think has 28 years. These guys are loaded with senority.

dvlhog212 said:
Nah, I don`t see this as "vote yes to save jobs" kind of deal. I`ve been at DWH for 3 years now. Our work is very fluid. Never more than a few months of consistent work.
That's because it's set up more for drop in work than anything, right?

chilokie1 said:
I agree the idea of saving jobs for lower wages benefits etc has been a disaster,
but f--- the IAM!!! The only reason they are here is to save their crappy IAMPF.
I'm not a fan of it either, and I'm in it. All you have to do is (collectively) say no. If that doesn't work, and it becomes part of any JCBA offer, just say no to that, too.

Back