TAESL closing January 31

K rumor AA wanted 24/7 at tassel. But union and guys wanted 5 days a week, weekends off! Sounds like the aft story! Lol

paul1 said:
K rumor AA wanted 24/7 at tassel. But union and guys wanted 5 days a week, weekends off! Sounds like the aft story! Lol
I'd question that. 

Most engine shops don't have nearly the volume that they need 24/7 coverage. 

I don't think we(DL) have a single engine line that is covered 24/7. I don't think all of them even have a second shift. No idea if they have weekend coverage or not. (don't think they do but could be wrong) 

paul1 said:
7 day coverage had been tried a couple times in the last 12 years, 24/7 in a couple select shops, but the work load never supported the need for that type coverage. I'm sure the company would love 24/7 across the board but the work has to be there to justify it.

DWH management is scrambling trying to come up with a schedule to accommodate the 100 "openings". Crazy stuff like 7 on 7 off 12 hour days, 3/13 and 4/10 mix etc. I've never seen anything like it.

dvlhog212 said:
DWH management is scrambling trying to come up with a schedule to accommodate the 100 "openings". Crazy stuff like 7 on 7 off 12 hour days, 3/13 and 4/10 mix etc. I've never seen anything like it.
That's because there isn't 120 openings here.

texasreb said:
That's because there isn't 120 openings here.
lol, I know but by gosh we are going to accommodate them. Unbelievable.

dfw gen said:
Bait and switch a year from now they win probably layoff 120....
Yep. I give it maybe 12 months then we will be talking about the DWH layoff.

Anyone at yesterdays 567 meeting hear any Stores numbers for DFW/DWH? Rumor is 30 total for DFW/DWH combined. Anyone else hear this, or know how the split will go? I havent heard the "supposed" number of vacancies at either station.

Thanks in advance. 

Nothing at dfw open right not
150 at dwh 110 mechanics the rest support staff stores etc.
Second hand knowledge from the 591 meeting.

dvlhog212 said:
I think that is awesome that management is working to accommodate the TAESL guys.

dvlhog212 said:
Yep. I give it maybe 12 months then we will be talking about the DWH layoff.
I disagree, there won't be DWH layoffs, with the phase inspection incorporating B and Lite C checks. I can see TUL taken a hit. This will be weird that TUL guys won't get the automatic DFW openings that are created for them, then all the other stations get the layoff with moves to NY or BOS. At least by that time we will have a decent pay raise.

bigjets said:
I think that is awesome that management is working to accommodate the TAESL guys.
The problem is, there is not enough work here to support the extra heads. Everyone here at DWH knows this.

Back