TAESL closing January 31

bigjets said:
Are these rumors or is there an actual offer to the membership in writing?
I will answer that I do not know, but believe there is not an offer the has been presented to the membership, but that is part of the point.

The lack of communication from our representative. 

I was under the impression that a choice had to be made on early out prior to the RIF process. At least that's the way it went when we were laid off from AFW Hangar 3 years ago.

If anyone is interested. Dallas Airmotive is building a test cell and engine facility just south of DWH.Corner of Walnut hill and airfield drive. Job opportunities there I would think.

Does anyone know anything about how they are going to handle to stores RIF ??
I mean does it look like Taesl stores will bump out folks from DWH stores ??
Or will they just be absorbed into DWH ???

AA767JET said:
Does anyone know anything about how they are going to handle to stores RIF ??
I mean does it look like Taesl stores will bump out folks from DWH stores ??
Or will they just be absorbed into DWH ???

That would depend on how many openings they create in DWH, DFW. If there are not enough openings, the juniority list would come into play. But, I am assuming the RIF rules in the stores contract are similar to the ones in maintenance.

haven't you guys learn anything yet. The TWU will do whatever the CO.  wants they will bend the rules and say they can do that brother.

dvlhog212 said:
I was under the impression that a choice had to be made on early out prior to the RIF process. At least that's the way it went when we were laid off from AFW Hangar 3 years ago.
I believe you are correct

Anyone have a time line on RIF notices, awards, etc? I'm understand the early out window is 10/9 -10/23.

dvlhog212 said:
Anyone have a time line on RIF notices, awards, etc? I'm understand the early out window is 10/9 -10/23.
I don't know of anyone at TAESL that was given anything about the early out! I talk daily with a few people over there!

bigjets said:
For jobs at OKC

Hopefully the guys that complain non stop about AA will look at these jobs, shut up or move on, nobody owes you anything or I hope this helps somebody that will need a job. OKC is a nice place to live.

OKC's not bad considering I live there again now, but I liked the Tulsa area much better. As far as the AAR jobs, I didn't even consider working there when I left AA due to its dismal reputation. Confirmed that when I ran across some of their former employees.

Back