Oregon Shooting

The ONLY reason Libtards want you to take away your guns is to make the public EVEN more dependant on government for your well being.....no thanks!

• Banned
Glenn Quagmire said:
He talked about this just yesterday. Of course, you weren't paying attention because it doesn't fit the confirmation biased sources you are hearing.
From his press conference yesterday at Arne Duncan's send off the President said this:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/10/obama_talks_umpqua_shooting_fo.html
A lot of feel good fluff, considering gun crime had is half of what it was 20 years ago.

If they really want to do something let them start in their own back yard in Chicago where dozens are killed every weekend via gang violence and/or black on black killings.

They do, but you don't pay attention to those issues because they are happening in black churches and community programs. Those programs that inner cities struggle to get funding for. Schools that fail the community because of the loss of tax base. Programs that are designed to take money away from public schools and fund private schools.

I had more of a safety net, but these guys are no different than me, Obama said at Hyde Park...where the teenagers are in school. I had issues too when I was their age.

Speaking of the economic struggles and broken homes that he identified as the root causes, Obama talked about his own experiences as a young African-American man, causing trouble and, later, trying to affect change on the streets here...

...Obama used his speech to offer details on his proposal to create Promise Zones, 20 communities nationwide where federal agencies, local governments and businesses would work together to spur economic development. But rather than giving a dry speech about his policy proposals, the president went deeper.

His visit comes as this city continue continues to suffer some of its worst violence ever there were more than 500 murders here in 2012 and another 43 in January, including the killing of Hadiya Pendleton.

Last year, there were 443 murders with a firearm in this city, and 65 of them were 18 and under. Thats the equivalent of a Newtown every four months, he said. Thats precisely why the overwhelming majority of Americans are asking for some common sense proposals to make it harder for criminals to get their hands on a gun.
Those are largely local issues that communities like mine deal with daily. I am involved in helping with mentoring and volunteering to help stop these kids from feeling hopeless.

If you had listened to the newly nominated Education Secretary, he is one of those success stories. If I can help just one to break the cycle then maybe they can pay it forward as John B. King is now doing.

That is what it will take. The President has been talking about this since he was a community organizer in Chicago.

What are you doing to help stop this?

• Banned
The bottom line is what the left wants is an all out gun ban. Because criminals always follow the laws or something.

Good luck stuffing that toothpaste back into that giant tube.

• Banned
Glenn Quagmire said:
They do, but you don't pay attention to those issues because they are happening in black churches and community programs. Those programs that inner cities struggle to get funding for. Schools that fail the community because of the loss of tax base. Programs like charter schools that are designed to take money away from public schools and fund private schools.
Those are largely local issues that communities like mine deal with daily. I am involved in helping with mentoring and volunteering to help stop these kids from feeling hopeless.
If you had listened to the newly nominated Education Secretary, he is one of those success stories. If I can help just one to break the cycle then maybe they can pay it forward as John B. King is now doing.
That is what it will take. The President has been talking about this since he was a community organizer in Chicago.
The president had been talking about it and the problem has persisted. These politicians use these events as wedge issues for political purpose. They have no intention of really doing anything purposeful or meaningful.

You of all people should know that.

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
Seems like a fair question.
What are you doing to stop this?
Countering idiotic ideas and statements by the hysterical left when these things happen,

Glenn Quagmire said:
They do, but you don't pay attention to those issues because they are happening in black churches and community programs. Those programs that inner cities struggle to get funding for. Schools that fail the community because of the loss of tax base. Programs like charter schools that are designed to take money away from public schools and fund private schools.

Why do inner cities lose tax base?  From people not working on welfare and not paying taxes for openers...

Why do those same people in those areas line up days ahead of registration for charter schools and why are charter schools drawing such great interest? Because of the failure of teachers unions in doing their job educating.

Hackman said:
TownPete (thanks Pete) answered your question before I had the chance Professor Tree, more than a few insane public shooters stopped as you requested. I was speaking about the general thwarting of gun crime, but you have your answer none the less.

Question for you Professor Tree; Would you surmise that possibly, if the Army hero Chris Mintz that spent 10 years of service to his country and was shot 7 times rushing the coward shooter, be trusted to carry a firearm that could have maybe stopped the cowardly murders in Oregon?  The only way the coward was stopped was a trained cop with a gun, after 20-30 minutes of waiting for cops on scene. Is that possible with your "Gun Free Zone" thought process? Just curious.

God bless Chris Mintz and those killed and wounded by another insane coward with a gun, may he rot in hell.
I'll take your word for it. I don't read his posts anymore.

Mints blocked a door, he did not rush anyone according to the reports. Yes I think he could have stopped the shooter.

Perhaps a greater investment in mental health would be in order.

You are describing a self-fulfilling prophecy Delldude.

I am working in my community to stop the sense of hopelessness fed by statements like those.

These kids see that people like you have already pigeon holed them into a failure class.

John B. King had public school teachers that broke that and gave him hope. There are many out there like him that will not make the news, mainly because they are not seeking it.

Back