Oregon Shooting

• Banned
Ms Tree said:
I'll take your word for it. I don't read his posts anymore.
Mints blocked a door, he did not rush anyone according to the reports. Yes I think he could have stopped the shooter.
Perhaps a greater investment in mental health would be in order.
Furball blocked me as he got tired of being taken to the wood shed over his hysterics.

Delicate snowflake he is.

Glenn Quagmire said:
You are describing a self-fulfilling prophecy Delldude.

I am working in my community to stop the sense of hopelessness fed by statements like those.

These kids see that people like you have already pigeon holed them into a failure class.

John B. King had public school teachers that broke that and gave him hope. There are many out there like him that will not make the news, mainly because they are not seeking it.

Self fulfilling prophecy created by government failure to motivate people to work and provide for oneself.

Kev3188 said:
IOW, not a thing...
Do you think something can be done? I guess there is always something that can be done but I think it's more a matter of if th public is willing to do it. I don't think so.

The number of guns in the U.S. is massive. Anyone can get a gun with out any questions being asked. We are cutting mental health programs and treatment nation wide. The left wants to ban everything (wrong approach in my opinion) and th right wants no restrictions any anything (also the wrong approach). I think. The answer of an armed society is an indicator that society has failed.

I don't consider my self a fatalist but I don't see a solution to this. I think this is not a part of life in the U.S. The numbers are still pretty low as a percentage of society. Perhaps when the numbers get too high or people in positions of power start getting caught in th cross fire things will change. Might be too late when that happens. Who knows.

• Banned
Ms Tree said:
Do you think something can be done? I guess there is always something that can be done but I think it's more a matter of if th public is willing to do it. I don't think so.
The number of guns in the U.S. is massive. Anyone can get a gun with out any questions being asked. We are cutting mental health programs and treatment nation wide. The left wants to ban everything (wrong approach in my opinion) and th right wants no restrictions any anything (also the wrong approach). I think. The answer of an armed society is an indicator that society has failed.
I don't consider my self a fatalist but I don't see a solution to this. I think this is not a part of life in the U.S. The numbers are still pretty low as a percentage of society. Perhaps when the numbers get too high or people in positions of power start getting caught in th cross fire things will change. Might be too late when that happens. Who knows.
Except for the fact that the USA has been an "armed society" since its inception and has done more to promote freedom and liberation then any other country.

The problem in its decline is political correctness and liberal intellectual brain rot.

Kev3188 said:
I think we have to keep trying.
Trying what? We are cutting mental health every day. Mention any form of gun control and the right freaks out. The gun control that the left suggests seem to be irrational. Banning a type of gun is silly in my opinion. Too many loop holes in the current laws. Anyone can go to a gun show and buy a gun with no questions and no back ground check.

I'd like to agree that we still need to try and I guess deep down in side I agree but given the chasm between the 2 major sides, I dont see it ever happening.

townpete said:
Except for the fact that the USA has been an "armed society" since its inception and has done more to promote freedom and liberation then any other country.

The problem in its decline is political correctness and liberal intellectual brain rot.

And why was the country an armed society since its beginning?

Freedom and resistance to government tyranny.

And its trying once again....

• Banned
Ms Tree said:
Trying what? We are cutting mental health every day. Mention any form of gun control and the right freaks out. The gun control that the left suggests seem to be irrational. Banning a type of gun is silly in my opinion. Too many loop holes in the current laws. Anyone can go to a gun show and buy a gun with no questions and no back ground check.
I'd like to agree that we still need to try and I guess deep down in side I agree but given the chasm between the 2 major sides, I dont see it ever happening.
And yet none of these mass shootings were the result of buying a gun at a gun show.

They were all done with legally purchased guns and passed background checks.

Your move buttercup.

• Banned
delldude said:
And why was the country an armed society since its beginning?

Freedom and resistance to government tyranny.

And its trying once again....
Exactly my point.

• Banned
34g5aah.jpg

Back