Oregon Shooting

• Banned
delldude said:

Obama did two firsts in his presidency this week, first, he tripped over hisself getting the flag at half mast instead of being ridiculed for weeks when the police were killed and second, finally made mention of inner city gun deaths.....which in itself is an admission of failed liberal gun laws.

The day before he lied by saying the states with the least amount of gun related crime were those with the 'toughest' gun laws'....now he changes his tune?

Question is, Obama, MSM and liberals never make as much tadoo out of inner city gun deaths as they do mass shootings when , in fact more die in the ghetto......why is that Mr Quagmire?
Glenn Quagmire said:
You are describing a self-fulfilling prophecy Delldude.
I am working in my community to stop the sense of hopelessness fed by statements like those.
These kids see that people like you have already pigeon holed them into a failure class.
John B. King had public school teachers that broke that and gave him hope. There are many out there like him that will not make the news, mainly because they are not seeking it.
I will admit that what you are doing is very noble and will have a greater effect then any knee jerk/feel good legislation proposed by career politicians.

The culture is what needs to change.

Start another topic if you want to debate society's issues, otherwise, stay with the OP.

Wuuuuttttt. societies issues are directly related to gun violence How do you talk about one with out the other?

• Banned
Kev3188 said:

All that I can and not nearly enough both...

You?

Specifically doing what?

Other then contributing to lefty feel good cause's.

• Banned
If shooter targeted Muslims - not Christians - we'd be having a "national conversation" about anti-Muslim bigotry

wholechart.png

We live in a society and condones and accepts violence. Jackson has a boob pop iut on TV and the world stops rotating because of the delecate children. Kids play violent games and no one bats an eye.

I think its unlikely that change will happen soon.

townpete said:

Specifically doing what?

Other then contributing to lefty feel good cause's.

Same sort of outreach Q noted, only through athletics. 

Still waiting for your answer, but not holding my breath. Posting memes doesn't count...

• Banned
Kev3188 said:

Same sort of outreach Q noted, only through athletics. 

Still waiting for your answer, but not holding my breath. Posting memes doesn't count...

Countering stupidity that always happens after events like these form people like you.

IOW, not a thing. Lovely.

People like me? Really?

If by that you mean a parent that would like his kids to not have to worry about being aerated while in a classroom, or a native Oregonian, then okay...

Back