Oregon Shooting

• Banned
eolesen said:
Lefties like 700 probably think a gun show is like a swap meet. Except that it's not.

And most likely never been to one. Little do they know about half of the stuff for display and sale, aren't even firearms lol

townpete said:

That post of his is deceptively full of crap. Go to some of those states websites and see what if required as a FFL licensed dealer. You sell a firearm, you are required by law to do a background check, regardless of the venue.

So yes, all states by law, require a background check.

REGARDLESS OF VENUE

Hmm.....I never bought any outside of Pennsy, so I really couldn't tell  you.
I do know any gun show here does do checks.

We had a show right out the road from where I live, BATF was there and had a UC car with a boatload of firepower in the trunk. A bunch of Brothers boosted the car and got all the guns.....much BATF back peddling on that one., never heard if they caught them or if they did a background check.

So where do we get this loophole mantra about checks then?

• Banned
delldude said:

Hmm.....I never bought any outside of Pennsy, so I really couldn't tell  you.
I do know any gun show here does do checks.

We had a show right out the road from where I live, BATF was there and had a UC car with a boatload of firepower in the trunk. A bunch of Brothers boosted the car and got all the guns.....much BATF back peddling on that one., never heard if they caught them or if they did a background check.

So where do we get this loophole mantra about checks then?

Because those that say it have no clue about existing laws or the process to purchase one. Just like them saying you can buy a gun on the internet, no questions asked. Which is another lie.

It's feel good, knee jerk reaction.

• Banned
delldude said:
Ah ha...its private sales....Pennsy you got to do it through FFL dealer

Yeah private sales are one thing. But if you do it as your primary business, then you must be licensed and provide background checks on buyers as required by FFL.

If not then they are in violation of existing law. 

This is what they are all in a kerfuffle about, so lets make another law! lol

• Banned
delldude said:
I can buy a gun on the net here, but it has to be shipped to a FFL dealer and I can't get it w/o a BG check.

Exactly.

• Banned
700UW said:
I own two handguns you all shouldn't assume things.

By your posts, we can only assume you know nothing of existing gun laws.

Not even the basics.

Zip

Zero

Nada

• Banned
Politicize-600-LI.jpg

700UW said:
I own two handguns you all shouldn't assume things.
That's like saying that just because you have two kids, you know everything there is to know about birth control, abortion and parenting.

eolesen said:
That's like saying that just because you have two kids, you know everything there is to know about birth control, abortion and parenting.
Or like being a voter and pretending to be able to predict election winners?

Clinton wants to close the “gun-show loophole,” which is one of the great clichés and myths of the gun-control debate. The loophole doesn’t actually exist. Federally licensed dealers have to run a background check or otherwise ascertain that a purchaser has passed one, even if the dealer is selling at a gun show. Private sellers don’t have to conduct one — whether or not they are selling at a gun show. The inordinate focus on gun shows might make sense if there were evidence of an epidemic of criminals using them to get their weapons. There isn’t. A study in the journal Preventive Medicine of criminal offenders in Chicago found that most obtained their guns through personal connections. “Rarely,” the study said, “is the proximate source either direct purchase from a gun store, or theft.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425110/hillary-clinton-gun-control-non-sequitur

Back