Oregon Shooting

• Banned
j14riw.jpg

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
IOW, not a thing. Lovely.

People like me? Really?

If by that you mean a parent that would like his kids to not have to worry about being aerated while in a classroom, or a native Oregonian, then okay...
That's great.

Still waiting to hear what "common sense" gun law would have prevented this.

We now know the shooter was a bit of an oddity, but the gun grabbing left coddles these very same types of people.

Is the left somehow saying that all odd birds are not allowed to have something because they are odd?

No, they would never do that. They rather confiscate the guns from the 99.9999999% of law abiding gun owners first.

That's the underlying meaning of "common sense" gun control.

Lots of talk of wanting people with mental issues designated, labeled and what not.
Under this present administration, our very own Vets have been targeted  for things like PTSD, or having someone else designated to conduct ones legal affairs. Their reasoning is/was anyone with PTSD is 'severely' depressed and someone who has another designated to conduct business and legal affairs obviously can't be competent enough to own a firearm.  The VA forwards their determinations onto the FBI for entering into the NICS database for who shouldn't be able to own firearms.

Take the time and read the four pages and see what little 'mental issues' the VA has been using.

The VA sends veterans’ personal medical and financial information directly to the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, which can seize their guns in home raids.
Veterans deemed mentally incompetent or financially incapable are finally speaking out about the errors in the system and the fearful harassment they and their families face from the federal government. And it all starts when vets go to the VA to get medical help.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/21/va-sends-veterans-medical-info-to-fbi-to-get-their-guns-taken-away/

Senate reaction:

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder saying veterans issued a fiduciary by the Department of Veterans Affairs are still being automatically flagged in the electronic database used to vet firearms sales across the country.
Past analysis has found more than 99 percent of the names listed as mentally defective in the FBI's database came from the VA, and the issue has caused heated debates on Capitol Hill in recent years.
"Congress needs to understand what justifies taking such action without more due process protections for the veteran," Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, wrote in the letter to Holder.
http://www.stripes.com/senator-veterans-still-losing-gun-rights-because-of-va-reporting-1.340564

DHS early on in this administration was quick to label Vets, among others, as possible extremists.

The assessment also said that returning military veterans who have difficulties assimilating into their home communities could be susceptible to extremist recruiters or might engage in lone acts of violence.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-domestic-terror-warning-angers-gop/

And now under the Affordable Care Act, and a direct violation of our fourth amendment rights, the government has surrendered your right to privacy through electronic reporting to HHS of your diagnosis and such when at your doctor. Anything you tell your Doctor that is written down or recorded is sent to HHS and becomes a permanent part of your health record. Don't believe it check out your online personal health records.

So next time you see your Doctor and life has you down, think twice about what you mention regarding anything related to your possible mental state and meds prescribed at the time.

Wouldn't take much of a determination for a label by the government to cause huge issues for your rights when some administration decides you're not qualified to own firearms.

And it'll be on you to fight to get anything like that removed and your rights reinstated.

Mental screening....a very very slippery slope for all.

Glenn Quagmire said:
They do, but you don't pay attention to those issues because they are happening in black churches and community programs. Those programs that inner cities struggle to get funding for. Schools that fail the community because of the loss of tax base. Programs that are designed to take money away from public schools and fund private schools.
Those are largely local issues that communities like mine deal with daily. I am involved in helping with mentoring and volunteering to help stop these kids from feeling hopeless.
If you had listened to the newly nominated Education Secretary, he is one of those success stories. If I can help just one to break the cycle then maybe they can pay it forward as John B. King is now doing.
That is what it will take. The President has been talking about this since he was a community organizer in Chicago.
What are you doing to help stop this?
Maybe BaRack should get gun violence under control in his own backyard, which he never talks about, before he tackles the whole country!

Dog Wonder said:
It is your choice.
Get this through your thick libtard skull, if you want to have a discussion here, at least attempt to write a coherent and objective sentence, or, and I know it's a stretch, a paragraph. Continuously posting little four of five word nonsensical quips makes look like a dipsh*t.  

delldude said:
Lots of talk of wanting people with mental issues designated, labeled and what not.
Under this present administration, our very own Vets have been targeted  for things like PTSD, or having someone else designated to conduct ones legal affairs. Their reasoning is/was anyone with PTSD is 'severely' depressed and someone who has another designated to conduct business and legal affairs obviously can't be competent enough to own a firearm.  The VA forwards their determinations onto the FBI for entering into the NICS database for who shouldn't be able to own firearms.

Take the time and read the four pages and see what little 'mental issues' the VA has been using.

Senate reaction:

DHS early on in this administration was quick to label Vets, among others, as possible extremists.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-domestic-terror-warning-angers-gop/

And now under the Affordable Care Act, and a direct violation of our fourth amendment rights, the government has surrendered your right to privacy through electronic reporting to HHS of your diagnosis and such when at your doctor. Anything you tell your Doctor that is written down or recorded is sent to HHS and becomes a permanent part of your health record. Don't believe it check out your online personal health records.

So next time you see your Doctor and life has you down, think twice about what you mention regarding anything related to your possible mental state and meds prescribed at the time.

Wouldn't take much of a determination for a label by the government to cause huge issues for your rights when some administration decides you're not qualified to own firearms.

And it'll be on you to fight to get anything like that removed and your rights reinstated.

Mental screening....a very very slippery slope for all.
Don't sweat it Dell! Big Brother knows what's best for you!

Ms Tree said:
Wuuuuttttt. societies issues are directly related to gun violence How do you talk about one with out the other?
Agreed! Maybe some of the replys didn't fit in with his personal agenda!

Hackman said:
Get this through your thick libtard skull, if you want to have a discussion here, at least attempt to write a coherent and objective sentence, or, and I know it's a stretch, a paragraph. Continuously posting little four of five word nonsensical quips makes look like a dipsh*t.
You'll have to excuse our one sentence wonder. You can tell, by just one sentence from him, he's already losing any type of coherency. More than that, it's all just gibberish!

Ms Tree said:
We live in a society and condones and accepts violence. Jackson has a boob pop iut on TV and the world stops rotating because of the delecate children. Kids play violent games and no one bats an eye.
I think its unlikely that change will happen soon.
I know, I know! We shouldn't keep score and everyone gets a trophy!

Ms Tree said:
I'll take your word for it. I don't read his posts anymore.

Mints blocked a door, he did not rush anyone according to the reports. Yes I think he could have stopped the shooter.

Perhaps a greater investment in mental health would be in order.
Why would you ignore Pete's posts?  Don't like the answers?  Seems that is what the leftists are good at, if one doesn't tow the libtard line, then muzzle them, shut down the discourse. Right out of the Sal Alinsky playbook. 

Here is what Pete posted for your question Professor, read it. I will try to find more if I have time. http://crimeresearch.org/2015/04/uber-driver-in-chicago-stops-mass-public-shooting/

southwind said:
You'll have to excuse our one sentence wonder. You can tell, by just one sentence from him, he's already losing any type of coherency. More than that, it's all just gibberish!
Are you sure the Mutt is a he?  I figured it was some 300lb Large Marge sitting all day in large pair of filthy food stained sweatpants on a old 1990s cellphone tapping little nonsensical quips.  

townpete said:
That's great.

Still waiting to hear what "common sense" gun law would have prevented this.

We now know the shooter was a bit of an oddity, but the gun grabbing left coddles these very same types of people.

Is the left somehow saying that all odd birds are not allowed to have something because they are odd?

No, they would never do that. They rather confiscate the guns from the 99.9999999% of law abiding gun owners first.

That's the underlying meaning of "common sense" gun control.
If I had all the answers, they would've long ago been implemented.

BTW, for those that may not know it, Roseburg (and most of Southern Oregon) leans right- certainly compared to the PDX & EUG metro areas...

Back