New CS Rules?

exs said:

First of all I will not stoop down to your name calling.
I called you no name sir.

exs said:
I worked in Tulsa in the early 90's and I did plenty of CS's with myself. Come in Sunday night on midnights and take Friday off, so there was some sort of CS policy.
Things change.

exs said:
I don't know why Tulsa does not have a CS policy like you say, maybe they really didn't need one since every one has Saturday, Sunday off. Maybe the Union never really got around to, who knows.
Many are on 7 day coverage. There is also no opportunities to "swap shifts" like from first to second for instance.

exs said:
All I am saying we need to stop with the "it's not that bad" phrases, when the company keeps taking and taking. 
I guess your perspective on the company taking and taking depend on where you work. Tulsa has NO CS policy, so they are taking nothing from them.

iluvaa said:
Tulsa doesn't have a cs policy and we don't have weekends off anymore please keep up. The good old days have been gone for a few years now
Yes they have.

700UW said:
Lets see you left AA, took the money and ran, and sucked off our tax dollars.
Of course I ran. AA has been eroding pay and benefits for years. My time is an investment, I won't waste it on something that will not give me a return.

The second AA took the pension it was no longer worth working for American Airlines for me.

It is called making a decision....... and it was the right one for me.

700UW said:
Still didnt help your cognitive skills, I see.
That's right 700UW, everyone here is stupid except you..................................

You reek of arrogance and self importance. 

Word on the floor is several C/C's are on the list to step down to AMT when transfer openings come up. I guess the new CS policy restricts them from CSing as much as AMT'S.

AANOTOK said:
Policy Changes – Change of Shift and Day at a Time, Effective September 1, 2015
Anyone know what they are?

Strange it goes into effect on Sep 1 for a quarterly rule. How will they calculate the CSs for the July, Aug and Sep quarter?

Makes no sense...

JUST SO YOU KNOW !

AIRLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEE )
ASSOCIATION – CWA and IBT, -and-
US AIRWAYS, INC, Re: Shift Trades Suspension Dispute.
OPINION AND AWARD
ISSUE
Does Section F...of the Company’s Commitment to Success Attendance and Performance CSAPP which provides that shift trades will not be approved for a specified time frame when an employee calls in sick for a scheduled shift trade on two or three occasions in a six-month period, violate Section 5T...of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and if so, what shall the remedy be. (Tr., 7).1

AWARD:
Having heard the evidence and the arguments of the parties, the System Board of Arbitration rules as follows:
1. Section F of the Company’s Commitment to Success Attendance and Performance CSAPP (“CSAPP”), which provides that shift trades will not be approved for a specified time frame when an employee calls in sick for a scheduled shift trade on two or three occasions in a 6 month period, violates Article 5.T.
2. The Union’s grievance is sustained in its entirety.
3. The Company is ordered to cease and desist from suspending employees’ shift trade rights or refusing to approve shift trades under the attendance control program as set forth in Section F of the CSAPP.
Date:
September 28, 2010

Just Finally got a copy of new CS rules sent to me. Seems reasonable, and no restriction to crew chiefs. Hopefully we didn't lose good crew chiefs to rumors. Mechanic working CSW for crew chief will be expected to work as crew chief.

180 day suspension for cs violation of being late seems a bit harsh though.

Wish AA would work on policy with union, knowing our union, 591 would have taken AA to court. Looks like all those contracts where we wanted the CS policy in contract, would have helped out.

Looks like management is letting the union know who's in charge, and it ain't Gary !!!!!
This new policy seems simulate to USAirways. Just like 100% line and 50% OH scope will be in our new contract.

bigjets,
What I am hearing is that the doubles restriction puts a bind on the commuters. They want the ability to keep doing back to back doubles.

bigjets said:
Just Finally got a copy of new CS rules sent to me. Seems reasonable, and no restriction to crew chiefs. Hopefully we didn't lose good crew chiefs to rumors. Mechanic working CSW for crew chief will be expected to work as crew chief.

I have not seen the rules in writing yet, but our management is telling us that crew cheifs can only c/s with another crew cheif or an AMT that is pre-qualified as a crew cheif. They also mentioned about not being able to c/s on a move crew if they don't have taxi or Goldhofer qualifications. We'll see in a few months how it goes.

AA management is notorious for not following edicts from SVPs and VPs. From Hall, Martinez, and Durst they all put out new rules and procedures that were engineered by HR/ER and then ended up doing what worked for them. This is short term at best and is most likely a well written document that will never be used except when the VPs are around.

bigjets said:

180 day suspension for cs violation of being late seems a bit harsh though.

Wish AA would work on policy with union, knowing our union, 591 would have taken AA to court. Looks like all those contracts where we wanted the CS policy in contract, would have helped out.

Looks like management is letting the union know who's in charge, and it ain't Gary !!!!!
This new policy seems simulate to USAirways. Just like 100% line and 50% OH scope will be in our new contract.

The big tear jerker is the ONE back to back double a week or TWO doubles  a week. People can no longer work endless doubles like zombies.

Overspeed said:
bigjets,
What I am hearing is that the doubles restriction puts a bind on the commuters. They want the ability to keep doing back to back doubles.
How many back to back doubles do you think are safe? 4? 5?6?7?

Slopoke said:

I have not seen the rules in writing yet, but our management is telling us that crew cheifs can only c/s with another crew cheif or an AMT that is pre-qualified as a crew cheif. They also mentioned about not being able to c/s on a move crew if they don't have taxi or Goldhofer qualifications. We'll see in a few months how it goes.
Pre qualified does not mean he/she  has release authority or RII.

Overspeed said:
AA management is notorious for not following edicts from SVPs and VPs. From Hall, Martinez, and Durst they all put out new rules and procedures that were engineered by HR/ER and then ended up doing what worked for them. This is short term at best and is most likely a well written document that will never be used except when the VPs are around.
The difference being Hall, Martinez and Durst are no longer in charge.

I worked with guys that did double, double, single, double and went home for a week to spend time with the family. Never any issues. If someone works 3 or 4 consecutive doubles every week or frequently then it's up to the station management to oversee and control it. Majority of the guys work doubles to get time off for commuting. The very small percentage abuse it for the extra cash. One size fits all is not productive based upon station to station needs.

Slopoke said:
Just sats mechanic will be expected to work as crew chief, but I can see the A1 being a pre requisit for working CSW for CC as it also requires same quals. Which makes sense. FAs have same stipulation.

Overspeed said:
bigjets,
Employees are permitted to work a maximum of two (2) double shifts per week as a result of a CS work (CSW). The two double shifts can be “back to back”. Employees cannot exceed two (2) consecutive double shifts per week

I think we all got a bit huffy before learning the facts.

Slopoke said:
A Crew Chief can CS work (CSW) for a mechanic, if he is qualified for the CSW work assignment. Crew Chiefs can CSO with mechanics. Mechanic’s that CSW for a Crew Chief will be expected to work as a Crew Chief during that shift. A Crew Chief on a CSW for a mechanic can be assigned to work in their normal capacity as a Crew Chief.

Back