New CS Rules?

700UW said:
It's a policy not contractual they can change it at any time.
And AGAIN. Even if they change it they will just allow it to be abused like they are doing now. Anyone that works here and knows what they are talking about knows that. Also if the "alliance" asked for the CS policy to be included in the CBA they would be laughed out of the room by the company.

So who benefits if an employee gets sick on the day they have swapped off? I know you can't call in just saying it goes two ways.

skinvalve said:
So who benefits if an employee gets sick on the day they have swapped off? I know you can't call in just saying it goes two ways.
At PMUS you can call in sick when you are scheduled to work a swap, as long as you provide a Dr's note and you will get paid for it and not lose your swaps.

MetalMover said:
SO why do you think the policy is changing? It is because there are those who abuse the system. But having said this, I blame those who allow the abuse by some instead of disciplining them individually.  
Are you kidding?

That is the management modus operandi.

700UW said:
A slow down is illegal, you work by the book.
Right.... because AA plays by the rules.......

Because the government, company, and UNION are not all benefiting from rules designed to suppress labor.

I am sure if the longshore men just followed the rules UNIONization would have been just as successful.

Careful there 700UW, your true colors are starting to show. 

How stupid are you?

Look at what happened to UA mechanics and AA Pilots.

Injunctions, TROs and fines.

You can work by the book, (do you even know what that means?) you cannot use the term slowdown.

Go ask the mechanics what happened to www.the-mechanic.com, which AA and UA sued.

You are truly ignorant and clueless.

In you illustrious career at AA how many local lodge business meetings did you attend?

I been on strike, and worked by the book, have you?

From the Mechanic CBA at AA with the TWU:

Page 182 of272
ARTICLE 33–NO STRIKE–NO LOCKOUT

(a)It is the intent of the parties to this Agreement that the procedures set forth in this Agreement will serve as a means of amicable settlement of all disputes that may arise between them, and, therefore:

(1)The Company will neither cause nor permit a lockout during the life of this Agreement.

(2)Neither the Union nor the employees will engage in a strike, sitdown,walkout, stoppage, slowdown, or curtailment of work for any reason during the life of this Agreement

I see your calling people stupid again. Foaming at the mouth yet? Take a chill pill stock boy and go see if the bin of 387 bulbs needs topping off.

1AA said:
I see your calling people stupid again. Foaming at the mouth yet? Take a chill pill stock boy and go see if the bin of 387 bulbs needs topping off.
If the shoe fits he is stupid and ignorant.

Go see my lead.

Come up with something new, hey the lav wont work on the plane, go troubleshoot it and fix it.

exs said:
With all due respect, comments like this is why we take in the shorts every time. "It's not that terrible", "It's not that bad", "we'll get them next time". 
With all due respect many in TULE (if not all) have no CS policy AT ALL. 

exs said:
It probably doesn't effect you in anyway, but it effects a vast majority of AMT's who got RIFed or have second jobs or whatever reason, It really doesn't matter.
You have no idea how much of a fool you are making of yourself right now.

FIFY
La Li Lu Le Lo said:

You have no idea how much of a fool I am making of myself right now.
Lets see you left AA, took the money and ran, and sucked off our tax dollars.

Still didnt help your cognitive skills, I see.

700UW said:
You can work by the book, (do you even know what that means?)
Yes I know what "working by the book" means.

I just don't think it is effective.

700UW said:
Look at what happened to UA mechanics and AA Pilots.
Apparently they did not think "working by the book" was effective either.

700UW said:
You are truly ignorant and clueless.
So you keep telling me.... and anyone else that does not share your opinion.

700UW said:
(2)Neither the Union nor the employees will engage in a strike, sitdown,walkout, stoppage, slowdown, or curtailment of work for any reason during the life of this Agreement
That rule might be just if AA did not add years to the life of a contract by stalling and if the government did not deny us the capability to strike years past the initial expiration date.

How has that worked out for you Mr "work by the book"?

Worked out great for us at PMUS when we worked by the book and went on strike.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

You have no idea how much of a fool you are making of yourself right now.

First of all I will not stoop down to your name calling. I worked in Tulsa in the early 90's and I did plenty of CS's with myself. Come in Sunday night on midnights and take Friday off, so there was some sort of CS policy.

I don't know why Tulsa does not have a CS policy like you say, maybe they really didn't need one since every one has Saturday, Sunday off. Maybe the Union never really got around to, who knows.

All I am saying we need to stop with the "it's not that bad" phrases, when the company keeps taking and taking. 

Tulsa doesn't have a cs policy and we don't have weekends off anymore please keep up. The good old days have been gone for a few years now

Latest posts

Back