New CS Rules?

AANOTOK said:
Thanks...I was told ours would be modified (whatever that means)
The policy is floating around. Check out 591's website. Tech ops will be first to roll it out. Its not as flexible as AA has known but not terrible. Allowed 26 cso per quarter , Cs only in 8 hr blocks for us . Very limited policy for alot people . Hopefully  it can be adjusted to be enjoyed by all.The cs policy is a great benefit if you are responsible person.     

Its  the same policy as PMUS Shift Swaps which is contractual, not a policy, like you have at AA, that can be changed at anytime.

You keep repeating that but why would American want to change a policy that benefits the company most?

Zom JFK said:
You keep repeating that but why would American want to change a policy that benefits the company most?
because it benefits them a little more?

Probably because they were running into duty time regulations.

And wouldnt you want it to be in a CBA so the company just cant change it as they have done in the past and now?

bob@las-AA said:
The only-one who benefits is the employee. A employee calls in sick holding two shifts. The employee gets paid sick time from his bank, then OT is paid twice to the two employees on day off for the holes he created with the two shifts. And that employee will likely be out for three days because it is still an occurrence, but will not have to bring a doctor's note. 

I don't have to CS that often, but it seems to me that if you call in sick for a CSW - you lose your CS privilege for a determined period of time.  I can remember losing my CS privileges for 90 days when I couldn't make it in for a CSW.  Granted, that was about 28 years ago - but it was the last time I did that.

Vortilon said:

I don't have to CS that often, but it seems to me that if you call in sick for a CSW - you lose your CS privilege for a determined period of time.  I can remember losing my CS privileges for 90 days when I couldn't make it in for a CSW.  Granted, that was about 28 years ago - but it was the last time I did that.
At PMUS if you call in sick on a swap, you have to bring a Dr's note or you lose them for six months.

700UW said:

And wouldnt you want it to be in a CBA so the company just cant change it as they have done in the past and now?
American violates the CBA whenever they feel like it anyway. The best protection to keep the CS policy we have now is that it benefits the company.

I am disgusted, how much crap are mechs suppose to eat. The FAs went on strike in 93 when AA wanted to adjust their schedule, the pilots did a sick out, and a number of slow downs for various reasons, while the mechs voted in company friendly after company friendly contract; no slow downs no strikes, what happened to having a happy work force, well at least AA treats the flight crews good, because everybody knows the flight crews do it all by themselves.

It's a policy not contractual they can change it at any time.

Did you forget the millions APA was fined and how they gave it to the company in concessions?

A slow down is illegal, you work by the book.

700UW said:

CS policy does not change as drastic or often as you think or as often as the new dysfunctional management people think it does. I believe it's a negotiating tactic to get more concessions from us.

FLYNFISH said:
The policy is floating around. Check out 591's website. Tech ops will be first to roll it out. Its not as flexible as AA has known but not terrible. Allowed 26 cso per quarter , Cs only in 8 hr blocks for us . Very limited policy for alot people . Hopefully  it can be adjusted to be enjoyed by all.The cs policy is a great benefit if you are responsible person.     

With all due respect, comments like this is why we take in the shorts every time. "It's not that terrible", "It's not that bad", "we'll get them next time". The point of all this is the company taking and modifying another privilege. They take and take and all we do is take it. It probably doesn't effect you in anyway, but it effects a vast majority of AMT's who got RIFed or have second jobs or whatever reason, It really doesn't matter.

How long are we going to put up with this? C'mon guys speak up,  Like the 591 letter says complain to your managers, this is BS and all of you know it.

Back