New CS Rules?

This may have been covered but watch the LGA Townhall clip on the CS Policy.

Parker's boys Mike? and Jimn Weel stated the CS Policy was still in the Draft mode and welcoming input from everyone. 

Just heard a new CS policy will NOT be implemented until it is part of JCAB. They're going to make one for bases that doesn't have CS policy.

Just received notification this morning from the union that American Airlines will NOT implement the proposed CS policy. They will wait and discuss it in the JCBA. If any of you guys have a opportunity to watch the Town Hall meeting at LGA look at the CS shift swap segment. Pay attention to Jim Weel as he says he wanted to get the CS policy in alignment with USAir before a JCBA is agreed too. It seems to me the company has the capability to pick and choose other areas outside the JCBA to implement. If they want to go outside the JCBA on the CS policy and align it with USAir then why not align the vacation as well. AA gets five and USAir gets 10. How about overtime? AA gets max pay multiplier of 1 1/2 times and USAir gets 2 times. Why not align those immediately? Funny how local 514 never had any objection to the new CS policy proposal. It's always 591 that has to object to issues.

1AA said:
Just received notification this morning from the union that American Airlines will NOT implement the proposed CS policy. They will wait and discuss it in the JCBA. If any of you guys have a opportunity to watch the Town Hall meeting at LGA look at the CS shift swap segment. Pay attention to Jim Weel as he says he wanted to get the CS policy in alignment with USAir before a JCBA is agreed too. It seems to me the company has the capability to pick and choose other areas outside the JCBA to implement. If they want to go outside the JCBA on the CS policy and align it with USAir then why not align the vacation as well. AA gets five and USAir gets 10. How about overtime? AA gets max pay multiplier of 1 1/2 times and USAir gets 2 times. Why not align those immediately? Funny how local 514 never had any objection to the new CS policy proposal. It's always 591 that has to object to issues.
Stop being so truthful, the UNION HATES that.

MetalMover said:
Until a JCBA is reached. Then it will be contractual as with US/IAM. Then the tears will flow again.
Then just send the tear providers over to the AA forum, they will feel right at home... B)

MetalMover said:
Until a JCBA is reached. Then it will be contractual as with US/IAM. Then the tears will flow again.
When the CS policy is in contract, then it's something that will have been Union negotiated and it's something the company cannot change when they feel like it. Then it's something you don't have to run to a manager for his approval. No matter what happens there will be whining, because there are so many not willing to admit how good they have it.

Before all you whiners start going on and on. If you are still working at AA, that means you couldn't find something better, you didn't get hired by another company, or you just like to complain. In any case nobody likes a whiner.

The association and the company will come through with a good contract. The APA and APFA receaved good contracts and so will we.

bigjets said:
When the CS policy is in contract, then it's something that will have been Union negotiated and it's something the company cannot change when they feel like it. Then it's something you don't have to run to a manager for his approval. No matter what happens there will be whining, because there are so many not willing to admit how good they have it.

Before all you whiners start going on and on. If you are still working at AA, that means you couldn't find something better, you didn't get hired by another company, or you just like to complain. In any case nobody likes a whiner.

The association and the company will come through with a good contract. The APA and APFA receaved good contracts and so will we.
blinders.jpg

I see the ASSOCIATION has already started issuing blinders.

bigjets said:
When the CS policy is in contract, then it's something that will have been Union negotiated and it's something the company cannot change when they feel like it. Then it's something you don't have to run to a manager for his approval. No matter what happens there will be whining, because there are so many not willing to admit how good they have it......Keep in mind that the CS policy changes will most likely mirror what is in the IAM/US contract. So the tears will once again flow when the new JCBA is reached.

Before all you whiners start going on and on. If you are still working at AA, that means you couldn't find something better, you didn't get hired by another company, or you just like to complain. In any case nobody likes a whiner. True, but what do you say to the CS policy whiners?

The association and the company will come through with a good contract. The APA and APFA receaved good contracts and so will we.  The contract might be good for some and bad for others. We will find out eventually once we hear the company proposals.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
blinders.jpg

I see the ASSOCIATION has already started issuing blinders.
What other option do you have? AMFA, AMP, IBT all have bailed out on us. No Union is a pipe dream, too many liberals in Tulsa for that to happen. All we can do is deal with the cards that we have. It's not a case of blinders, it's a case of dealing with the only option open to us.

Try and realize that or tell me how your going to organize an election vote for new union?

You are replying to a former FSC who took the early out and left AA.

MetalMover said:
When the CS policy is in contract, then it's something that will have been Union negotiated and it's something the company cannot change when they feel like it. Then it's something you don't have to run to a manager for his approval. No matter what happens there will be whining, because there are so many not willing to admit how good they have it......Keep in mind that the CS policy changes will most likely mirror what is in the IAM/US contract. So the tears will once again flow when the new JCBA is reached.
Before all you whiners start going on and on. If you are still working at AA, that means you couldn't find something better, you didn't get hired by another company, or you just like to complain. In any case nobody likes a whiner. True, but what do you say to the CS policy whiners?
The association and the company will come through with a good contract. The APA and APFA receaved good contracts and so will we.  The contract might be good for some and bad for others. We will find out eventually once we hear the company proposals.
I have no time for whiners, so F them, not worthy of time to listen to. The CS policy was really good ten years ago, no limits on anything and no paper work required. As long as it's in the contract and our union negotiated it in contract that's the best, rather then being a policy some manager can take away from you at their discretion.

Hopefully the contract offer will be good. I would hate to develop a bad attitude.

700UW said:
You are replying to a former FSC who took the early out and left AA.
Took an early out? They closed down my shop. TULE Fleet Service is no more.

How do you equate AA closing my shop with me taking an early out? You act like I got some kind of package or something.

Feel free to continue your weak attempt to smear me though.

How do you go from this
bigjets said:
to this?
bigjets said:
What other option do you have? AMFA, AMP, IBT all have bailed out on us. No Union is a pipe dream, too many liberals in Tulsa for that to happen. All we can do is deal with the cards that we have. It's not a case of blinders, it's a case of dealing with the only option open to us.
I don't see how you go from an optimistic view to "it's our only option".

I would never accept someone imposing an unwarranted optimistic view after a history of concessions and I certainly would not accept someone telling me I only had one option.

bigjets said:
Try and realize that or tell me how your going to organize an election vote for new union?
I would not try. After AA froze pensions it was not worth investing my time anymore. That is when I decided to go to school and get out (the news of them closing my shop came after I had started my studies). That was the option I chose.

MetalMover,
Tears of joy? JK, I think the CS policy is a quality of work life issue and has value however not a monetary one. I have heard from many people which is the best way to attack negotiations, money first then work rules or settle the easy issues first then go after the hard stuff like wages, benefits, and work rules. Given that this is a merger/JCBA agreement, do the parties exchange Section 6 proposals or is it not that formal? Do we just look at differences and enhancements only?

Back