Line Premium

I was invited and testified at the NWA/AMFA PEB as a Welder.

Insteresting to note also that most negative comments regarding Welders and Machinist come from the likes of you two who are both Industrial Unionist.

Not me, I am proud of my skill, I earned my way to be where I am at, nothing was handed to me the way the industrial unionist are destroying your skill set now thouugh. I know how AMFA Leadership has always treated myself and other non-A&P's and if that is all you whimpering types have to hang your hat on, you may as well give up now. The facts do not match your fear and lies.

Amazing that the industrial union is decimating the skills of the machinist and the welders a you two use that as a tool for your side of the belief system.

I can think of a word for someone like that, but it would be considered wrong to use it here and now.

I think we have a bonafide idiot among the hive...lmfao :blink:

Whatever you say high speed.

Still remains a fact that the industrial unions have decimated the labor movement since 1955, which includes welders, machinist, and many other skills. You can probably give us some accurate numbers if you were willing to take the blinders off.

Google the percentage of workers in industrial unions is 1955 when the merger of the AFL-CIO took place and compare that to the numbers you see today.

Then keep calling others an idiot. Even an idiot cannot deny that organized labor in this country if failing miserably and going down in numbers daily.

But it serves you much better to deny that factual data and attack AMFA for job losses that cannot even come close the overall destruction done by the industrial unions. And even better when you throw your emotions of fear and smear all over the top of it.

Quick question before I google.

How many companies were in bankruptcy in 1955 with employee's represented by Industrial Unions?

How many companies were in bankruptcy in 1955 with employee's represented by Industrial Unions?

I don't know. why didn't the powerful AFL-CIO using their industrial union power and might change the bankruptcy laws so that your question would be even more irrelevant than it already is? Oh but that is part of the failure also....Just sayin

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. That man that roars about political arena power, the power of strength in numbers, and power of a loaf a bread costing the same for everyone. Pay no attention to that and just simply google the facts, then remove your blinders and read those facts with an open mind, a mind that would be unaltered by the man behind the curtain.

I don't know. why didn't the powerful AFL-CIO using their industrial union power and might change the bankruptcy laws so that your question would be even more irrelevant than it already is? Oh but that is part of the failure also....Just sayin

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. That man that roars about political arena power, the power of strength in numbers, and power of a loaf a bread costing the same for everyone. Pay no attention to that and just simply google the facts, then remove your blinders and read those facts with an open mind, a mind that would be unaltered by the man behind the curtain.

When you had the chance to testify before the PEB why didn't you tell them that the AFL-CIO needed to get their act together because you knew the airline industry was headed for bankruptcy and they needed to act NOW.

Wow, what a missed opportunity. You could have been famous Informer....lol

Perhaps there would have been a new law. The Informer Act

I was invited and testified at the NWA/AMFA PEB as a Welder.

Insteresting to note also that most negative comments regarding Welders and Machinist come from the likes of you two who are both Industrial Unionist.

Not me, I am proud of my skill, I earned my way to be where I am at, nothing was handed to me the way the industrial unionist are destroying your skill set now thouugh. I know how AMFA Leadership has always treated myself and other non-A&P's and if that is all you whimpering types have to hang your hat on, you may as well give up now. The facts do not match your fear and lies.

Amazing that the industrial union is decimating the skills of the machinist and the welders a you two use that as a tool for your side of the belief system.

I can think of a word for someone like that, but it would be considered wrong to use it here and now.

I have no problem with Welders or Machinist & have nothing negative to say about them I simply said I understand why they feel the way they do about AMFA, whether their fears are warranted or not I have no clue & don't care because I am neither so it's not my problem.

When you had the chance to testify before the PEB why didn't you tell them that the AFL-CIO needed to get their act together because you knew the airline industry was headed for bankruptcy and they needed to act NOW.

Wow, what a missed opportunity. You could have been famous Informer....lol

Are you really too ignorant to seperate facts from fortune telling?

I have no problem with Welders or Machinist & have nothing negative to say about them I simply said I understand why they feel the way they do about AMFA, whether their fears are warranted or not I have no clue & don't care because I am neither so it's not my problem.

Your story change just since yesterday. Different medication today?

Question High Speed are you one of the few people in this forum who actually work for AA or do you work for United or Us Air too ? I like your comments & i'm just curious, starting to wonder if me & Dave are the only AA employee's in this forum ..... LOL

This is what is funny as hell to me and your line overhaul fight. I being a Machinist, make an aircraft part, then you clowns fight over who is more worthy to install it....lmfao
Yeah, maybe if we had a Craft Union that spent more time on education, promotion, and advancement of ALL aspects of our jobs and profession, instead of promoting unskilled toilet cleaning workers without testing, making political yards signs, and buying hockey tickets, we might just be more united and proud instead of scrambling like a bunch bees that had their bee-hive kicked over. You laugh about this, but it is a direct result of failed leadership and agenda.
Whatever you say high speed.

Still remains a fact that the industrial unions have decimated the labor movement since 1955, which includes welders, machinist, and many other skills. You can probably give us some accurate numbers if you were willing to take the blinders off.

Google the percentage of workers in industrial unions is 1955 when the merger of the AFL-CIO took place and compare that to the numbers you see today.

Then keep calling others an idiot. Even an idiot cannot deny that organized labor in this country if failing miserably and going down in numbers daily.

But it serves you much better to deny that factual data and attack AMFA for job losses that cannot even come close the overall destruction done by the industrial unions. And even better when you throw your emotions of fear and smear all over the top of it.

I get your point but there is more responsibility in an ETOPS check then sharpening drill bits. No ego I think duke said it best. Our profession gets knocked down a peg when a guy gets paid AMT wages to sharpen dril bits. All mechs should use their licenses to get amt pay.

Yes the Informer Act states:

An amt who is not licensed will receive a skill premium instead of a licensed line mechanic getting a line premium.

One more time can we stop the line/oh fight:

I get your point but there is more responsibility in an ETOPS check then sharpening drill bits. No ego I think duke said it best. Our profession gets knocked down a peg when a guy gets paid AMT wages to sharpen dril bits. All mechs should use their licenses to get amt pay.

Seriously, how many AMT's do you think actually sharpen drill bits? If we have any on this base, it might be 1 who is on light duty. From your first post, it sounds like you work at DFW. I have been told many times that you got guys who just drive vans all day. Does that AMT deserve a substanial raise over the drill bit sharpener?

Back