Line Premium

If I recall correctly, we originally had the $2.55 line premium with the 2010 T/A but then president Luis pulled it from us.
$2.55/hr is about $10/hr too low for most of the big cities in which AA has significant operations, like BOS, NYC, WAS, CHI, LAX and SFO.

I thought Woodward motioned to pull GEO????
His suckboy (can not remember his name) seconded his motion to pull it.

Actually it was Gilboy who started discussion during his "White Spaces" speech, he said that GEO was a non-starter and on que Woodward made the motion to yank it. He later claimed that he yanked it because places like NY were going to get more than MIA. Luis had gone to NY, BOS and SFO, three meetings that I attended, and told the members that he would support GEO, after seeing that his vote wasnt needed(the TitleII rep from SFO voted against it as well) Luis abstained. Most of the guys who voted against it have been voted out of office since, Luis, Gilboy, Tony, Frank, Robert Todd, Woodward, Zimmerman, Griffiths, the two from MCI saw their Local close, all the guys that voted in favor of GEO are still here, McMahon, Pike, JR Ruiz, Argentina, and myself were all re-elected.

Actually it was Gilboy who started discussion during his "White Spaces" speech, he said that GEO was a non-starter and on que Woodward made the motion to yank it. He later claimed that he yanked it because places like NY were going to get more than MIA. Luis had gone to NY, BOS and SFO, three meetings that I attended, and told the members that he would support GEO, after seeing that his vote wasnt needed(the TitleII rep from SFO voted against it as well) Luis abstained. Most of the guys who voted against it have been voted out of office since, Luis, Gilboy, Tony, Frank, Robert Todd, Woodward, Zimmerman, Griffiths, the two from MCI saw their Local close, all the guys that voted in favor of GEO are still here, McMahon, Pike, JR Ruiz, Argentina, and myself were all re-elected.

Thank you for clearing that up. So the idiots opps I mean fellow union officers that were against GEO pay are no longer in office. Well there is some justice served. Those guys were probably following King Dons orders.

$2.55/hr is about $10/hr too low for most of the big cities in which AA has significant operations, like BOS, NYC, WAS, CHI, LAX and SFO.

Unfortunately but this will bring us right back to the line vs overhaul division.
The OH guys would not want to get anything less so the line guys can get something more AND vice versa.

Using the older argument that AA mechanics do the same work as UPS and FEDEX guys regardless of flying passengers or not, we may ask why we don't get compensated like those folks, or even LUV for that matter.

The reality of it all is that sadly most of the job cuts will be at the bases. AA wants to operate more like other carriers as far as outsourcing maintenance goes. And those carriers have far fewer mechanics than AA.

But GEO pay or LINE pay will not happens as long as thousands of OH jobs are on the chopping black.

Unfortunately but this will bring us right back to the line vs overhaul division.
The OH guys would not want to get anything less so the line guys can get something more AND vice versa.

Using the older argument that AA mechanics do the same work as UPS and FEDEX guys regardless of flying passengers or not, we may ask why we don't get compensated like those folks, or even LUV for that matter.

The reality of it all is that sadly most of the job cuts will be at the bases. AA wants to operate more like other carriers as far as outsourcing maintenance goes. And those carriers have far fewer mechanics than AA.

But GEO pay or LINE pay will not happens as long as thousands of OH jobs are on the chopping black.
You are correct. While I am in a position to see the Line be given an increase as a Premium, that does not mean TUL in general will accept it. As long as there is an industrial union, like the TWU, IAM or the IBT representing the Mechanics, there will be a problem.

If the mechanics would just stop riding the coat tails of the TWU other work groups, then with a mechanics union we can negotiate for mechanics and related.

I think most Overhaul guys are ok with the Line stations getting a little more, I am but if it were to go beyond $2 per hour they would have a problem with it, we all want to make as much as we can & let's face it people are only going to be so compassionate for those who choose to live in high cost area's, I know someone has to work there but it's still a choice, as we get new planes Overhaul is going to get smaller which means the difference in headcount is going to get smaller so I suspect that eventually the Line stations will have more clout at the Bargaining table ..... I'm just glad my time at AA is almost up. B)

You are correct. While I am in a position to see the Line be given an increase as a Premium, that does not mean TUL in general will accept it. As long as there is an industrial union, like the TWU, IAM or the IBT representing the Mechanics, there will be a problem.

If the mechanics would just stop riding the coat tails of the TWU other work groups, then with a mechanics union we can negotiate for mechanics and related.

Buck regardless of what Union we have Overhaul will have a problem if the Line premium was to big & at the present of course they have the numbers, nothing wrong with a modest line Premium & I think that eventually that probably will happen.

I think most Overhaul guys are ok with the Line stations getting a little more, I am but if it were to go beyond $2 per hour they would have a problem with it, we all want to make as much as we can & let's face it people are only going to be so compassionate for those who choose to live in high cost area's, I know someone has to work there but it's still a choice, as we get new planes Overhaul is going to get smaller which means the difference in headcount is going to get smaller so I suspect that eventually the Line stations will have more clout at the Bargaining table ..... I'm just glad my time at AA is almost up. B)

Why do you always pretend to speak for other's when you are actually expressing your own opinions?
Over and over on these forums you use the words "they" and "most" and "people" and "we".

These are all references to a third person or people. You keep claiming everyone else supports the Teamsters, but you really mean that YOU support the Teamsters. Now you are speaking for everyone regarding how much line pay they might or might not agree to.

If you do no that have guts to take ownership of your own beliefs or opinions then leave them out of the discusssion.
The Tulsa base and the Overhaul AMT's represent a wide spectrum of seniority and belief systems, you have no idea what eveyone else thinks, wants, or will allow. You don't speak for me, and I don't speak for you.

Try using words like "I" and "Me" since that is who you are really worried about and expressing opinions from.

Below is how your post would read if you are expressing your own opinion instead of blaming all of us for your belief system.

I am ok with the Line stations getting a little more, but if it were to go beyond $2 per hour I would have a problem with it, I want to make as much as I can & let's face it I am only going to be so compassionate for those who choose to live in high cost area's, I know someone has to work there but it's still a choice, as AA gets new planes, Overhaul is going to get smaller which means the difference in headcount is going to get smaller so I suspect that eventually the Line stations will have more clout at the Bargaining table ..... I'm just glad my time at AA is almost up. B)

Can you see the difference McCoy?

Why do you always pretend to speak for other's when you are actually expressing your own opinions?
Over and over on these forums you use the words "they" and "most" and "people" and "we".

These are all references to a third person or people. You keep claiming everyone else supports the Teamsters, but you really mean that YOU support the Teamsters. Now you are speaking for everyone regarding how much line pay they might or might not agree to.

If you do no that have guts to take ownership of your own beliefs or opinions then leave them out of the discusssion.
The Tulsa base and the Overhaul AMT's represent a wide spectrum of seniority and belief systems, you have no idea what eveyone else thinks, wants, or will allow. You don't speak for me, and I don't speak for you.

Try using words like "I" and "Me" since that is who you are really worried about and expressing opinions from.

Below is how your post would read if you are expressing your own opinion instead of blaming all of us for your belief system.

Can you see the difference McCoy?

I'll post my post's my way & you post your's your way .... Pretty sure i'm not going to change my thinking to suit you Dave, You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know most Overhaul Mechanics would have a problem with High Line Premiums, there is a reason why the Line Premiums at AA aren't very big and that's it, AA is over 60 years old if Overhaul didn't have a problem with high Line Premiums then by now they would be higher than they are .... come on have some common sense, I have been at AA for 25+ years so I know what the consensus is about Line Premiums, Look at Hopefuls post he also states he believes that Overhaul would have a problem with High Line Premiums & I agree, Obviously I don't speak for everyone that's just common sense but I've been at AA in Tulsa to know what the consensus is only many things if you don't then maybe you should get out of the weld shop & talk to people sometime and you will.
Irregardless it is my Opinion if you disagree the disagree.

You did notice that I said I "THINK" which is different than saying I know, also I did say that I would support a modest Line premium in my post, THINK means my opinion for future reference & is not to be taken as a fact.

Dave
Your always trying to get me to think like you or act like you etc. When are you going to get that it's not going to happen, I don't want to be like you, nothing personal I just like being me.

I do not post much but I have to say something about Line Pay, I disagree with it completely, and will continue unless some Line Tech can convince me otherwise..
Why exactly is Line Pay even an issue? What does one do on the line that I have not done in A/O for 23 years that deserves more pay? I have installed and adjusted more flight controls, Pneumatic/Hyd Valves, Boost Pumps, ran wires, changed Engines, Brakes than most if not all Line Tech's...The Base pay and Premium should be the same for all AMT/Skilled workers in this industry IMO..

Now as far as Geo pay is concerned I will gladly sign a contract that gives people in NY,SFO,LAX,ORD or any high cost area as much as needed to support living in those areas, but please do not argue that Line work is any more critical than O/H..

Dave
Your always trying to get me to think like you or act like you etc. When are you going to get that it's not going to happen, I don't want to be like you, nothing personal I just like being me.
It looks like an attempt to ask you to post in the first person. I probably have the same problem sometimes.

As for the Line/OH issue , at least I can try and be a member with them instead of against them.

I do not post much but I have to say something about Line Pay, I disagree with it completely, and will continue unless some Line Tech can convince me otherwise..
Why exactly is Line Pay even an issue? What does one do on the line that I have not done in A/O for 23 years that deserves more pay? I have installed and adjusted more flight controls, Pneumatic/Hyd Valves, Boost Pumps, ran wires, changed Engines, Brakes than most if not all Line Tech's...The Base pay and Premium should be the same for all AMT/Skilled workers in this industry IMO..

Now as far as Geo pay is concerned I will gladly sign a contract that gives people in NY,SFO,LAX,ORD or any high cost area as much as needed to support living in those areas, but please do not argue that Line work is any more critical than O/H..
Im a Line guy and I believe we should get line pay due to the fact we work in the freezing cold,the scorching heat, the blizzards, the freezing rain, the windy rainy days. We dont work in a comfortable work environment with a roof over our head. If you still believe line guys shouldnt get line pay your out of ur mind.Id like to see you out there.

I agree I meant geo pay

Back