Let The Games Begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
but DL/NW is integrated.whether certain employees choose to continue to create wedges to highlight their differences doesn't change the fact that DL has the only fully post-merger integrated workforce.of any MAJOR airline.
AA-TWA

WorldTraveler said:
yes, Kev. 49% is a minority.You want to paint anyone who doesn't believe like you as disconnected.The simple fact is that the number of PMNW people who haven't gotten with the program at DL is a minority.And it also doesn't change that that fringe element doesn't and can't stop DL from moving forward with its strategies and is completely different from the legally different integration process which exists at other airlines and has long since finished at DL.
Lets see Kev actually works at DL, do you? If not then how can you claim to know whats going on at the floor level?

Bob Owens said:
Not totally true! They were segregated by seniority, and the TWU, and AA, have used the exTWAers as a RIF buffer for years, to the point that there are are relatively few left in the system today compared to when the buy out/merger was finalized! ---- Sometimes the truth hurts!

MCI transplant said:
Not totally true! They were segregated by seniority, and the TWU, and AA, have used the exTWAers as a RIF buffer for years, to the point that there are are relatively few left in the system today compared to when the buy out/merger was finalized! ---- Sometimes the truth hurts!
I believe that in the case of the mechanics and fleet service, the integration was determined by Kasher? No? Remember, both the IAM and the TWU had the Allegheny-Mohawk provisions in their respective contracts where they agreed to BINDING arbitration should they not be able to agree on seniority.
So I do not see where "segregation" existed if the issue was decided by an arbitrator.
I also recall that AA purchased TWA's assets...Unlike what we have now...a US/AA Merger with a seniority issue already decided.

MetalMover said:
I believe that in the case of the mechanics and fleet service, the integration was determined by Kasher? No? Remember, both the IAM and the TWU had the Allegheny-Mohawk provisions in their respective contracts where they agreed to BINDING arbitration should they not be able to agree on seniority.
So I do not see where "segregation" existed if the issue was decided by an arbitrator.
I also recall that AA purchased TWA's assets...Unlike what we have now...a US/AA Merger with a seniority issue already decided.
MetalMover---- This is old news, but if AA hadn't put a gun to our heads in bankruptcy, and demanded that we drop our "scope" from our Contracts, we wouldn't have gone to arbitration to begin with! And it's true, AA bought TWA's assets. The reason for that was to get around Carl Icahn and his Karabu agreement with TWA, witch stated that if there was any merger, he would have the same rights to purchase tickets at a price below wholesale, and resell them, at a profit, through his travel company Karadu, in LAS, from the surviving carrier for the duration of the agreement. So, AA and it's Lawyers, simply side stepped him by not merging with TWA, but buying it's assets, as you have pointed out! I'm not saying this was the only reason AA bought TWA's assets, but it was one of the main ones!

It wasnt the scope that they asked to be dropped, it was the Labor Protective Provisions, (LPPs).

IAM representation at work! Let me guess Roach is the arse the waived it right? He knew he had a secure grand lodge position, and if he wanted could get 100% seniority. But of course you defend it.

Josh

All the unions at the former TWA had to waive their LPPs or AA would have let them go Chapter 7.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

When I asked the purser SFO-MIA yesterday her thoughts in the merger he exact words were this "how well did TWA work out especially for the F/As?". The IAM screwed up big time, they didn't want to fight because they already knew they lost their dues payers.

Josh

700 have you visited William O'Driscoll's castle built by the IAM in Ireland?

Josh

Once again your lying.

The IAM represented the mechanics, and the ramp in arbitration.

APFA didnt go to arbitration, and the IAM spent over $5 million in fighting for the FAs.

e5324744_offtopic.jpeg

737823 said:
When I asked the purser SFO-MIA yesterday her thoughts in the merger he exact words were this "how well did TWA work out especially for the F/As?". The IAM screwed up big time, they didn't want to fight because they already knew they lost their dues payers.

Josh
That about sizes it up! I was a dues paying member of the IAM for 33 years, and as far as Roach, William O'Driscoll , and District 142, are concerned, I feel they screwed us all at TWA! And now, you may have to deal with them again! ------ How ironic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back