IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, and those with access to DL's corporate directory know who are DL employees and who are not - or at least willing to post under their own names. 

• Banned
  • #1,037
737823 said:
Negative. Unions have been known to pay minimum wage to participants in staged pickets/demonstrations wouldn't surprise me in the least if they have a few handpicked F/As that are tasked with managing the campaign who are compensated, and staffing tables would be included in their tasks. Again you seem to think the IAM has all this support and obviously you are much closer to it than me, but it would seem on multiple occasions in the past DL employees have overwhelmingly rejected representation. Maybe this time will be different, maybe not. WCDFA (which you will say is not an official IAM channel) but it seems there are many people involved who aren't even DL employees or F/As that post regularly.

Josh
So show the board if the IAM is paying someone who doesnt have a SIDA Badge nor a DL ID to get into secured areas and man the tables.

Oh wait you cant, because they cant get a SIDA badge if they are not employed by DL and be in their secured areas.

How much crap are you gonna throw out to see what sticks?

Just because someone posts on an open group doesnt mean they are being compensated for their opinions, does WT get paid to post here?

And there are numerous non-fas on WCDFA posting anti-union propaganda and then they disappear when they are called out working for F&H or any other anti-union busting firms.

737823 said:
Negative. Unions have been known to pay minimum wage to participants in staged pickets/demonstrations wouldn't surprise me in the least if they have a few handpicked F/As that are tasked with managing the campaign who are compensated, and staffing tables would be included in their tasks.
"Wouldn't surprise me" and "actually occurring" are two separate concepts.

If you have definitive proof of the latter, by all means share it here.

Maybe this time will be different, maybe not. WCDFA (which you will say is not an official IAM channel) but it seems there are many people involved who aren't even DL employees or F/As that post regularly.
WCDFA is ran by one DL F/A. it was started long before the F/A group approached the IAM. It's also a (purposely) open group, and everyone and their brother can-and does- post on there.

WorldTraveler said:
yep, and those with access to DL's corporate directory know who are DL employees and who are not - or at least willing to post under their own names.
Well, you seem to have no shortage of free time as of late. If you want to cross reference people in these pictures of the Inflight lounges with the directory, knock yourself out. Let us know how it all turns out.

I didn't say I would... just that anyone with access to the corporate directory could.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with outsiders participating in the unionization effort at DL.

DL people who actually will make a decision, if a vote is ever called, simply need to be able to know the truth, including from those who are clearly pushing a labor agenda but have no vested interest whatsoever in the outcome.

DL people are capable of making the right decision about their own careers... they just need to know what is fact or not and what is being presented by outsiders who won't be impacted by whatever decision.

Clearly those who are active DL employees have the right to speak but they also need to use accurate information and not defer to outsiders to speak for them or to present information that may or may not be accurate.

WorldTraveler said:
I didn't say I would... just that anyone with access to the corporate directory could.

You've been implying that the tables in the F/A lounges have been staffed with "outsiders" & "interlopers." This is your shot at proving it.

Surely you weren't merely casting aspersions?

Let us know how it all turns out.

these would certainly seem to lend most people to believe that I have affirmed that the FAs at the tables are active DL employees who have SIDA badges.

The IAM, OTOH, buys the donuts.

WorldTraveler said:
you missed the part about the IAM being the outsider while the FAs are ACTIVE DL EMPLOYEES.

WorldTraveler said:
so, the FAs at the table are ONLY DL employees, right?

The people advocating for IAM representation in Inflight lounges are DL employees. You have repeatedly implied that they are "outsiders." Most every photo on FB is tagged. Take the names and cross reference them with the corp. directory to prove your point, or state that you either had terribly inaccurate info or were merely trying to wind people up.

Let us know what you find.

Kev why do you keep saying the clichéd "you are the union" like you always say to freedom in the US fleet threads, DL F/As are unorganized they aren't part of the IAM or any other union.

Josh

They why do you say repeatedly IAM (not just 141) are out of step with the members? Just seems you have different positions.

Josh

Kev,
there seems to be some confusion but I have ALWAYS believed that the FAs at the IAM's tables in the DL lounges.

My assertion has been that the IAM is providing RESOURCES to those DL FAs but the people at the table in the pics are DL FAs... the IAM doesn't have DL uniforms or badges.

again, I have nothing wrong with a grassroots effort led by employees... other employees just need to know what part the employees have in the process and what part the IAM or other union has.

I fully expect there will be plenty of non-DL employees including IAM officials and other airline union employees at the Tex-Mex event. 

WorldTraveler said:
I fully expect there will be plenty of non-DL employees...at the Tex-Mex event.
I am sure you will be there.

Please post a selfie with your face full of nachos, salsa, self righteousness, and condescension.

Oh, and don't forget to be holding the "Winning" banner, so all will know it is you.

why would  I want to be at an event sponsored by the IAM for DL FAs?

any condescension you feel comes from inside you, not me. 

WorldTraveler said:
why would  I want to be at an event sponsored by the IAM for DL FAs?
Maybe because you have continually repeated your interest in the event?

That, in addition to you saying that "I fully expect there will be plenty of non-DL employees" at the event.

That ABSOLUTELY describes you.

It would also lead any reasonable person to believe that you would stalk there since you have boasted about the food, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back