IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
translation "I am the only ACS person who participates on this forum with regularity and I don't want anyone challenging my opinion that DL is capricious even if I have failed to demonstrate my charge on this forum."
Instead of throwing your toys out of the sandbox, how 'bout just answering the question?

I'll ask again: Since you quit the company, how would you know what happens on a day-to-day basis at any given station?

737823 said:
Well once again it seems the international was out of step with the membership and did not connect well with the unorganized DL employees. If the attitude with the ramp/Blue Notes Organizing is the same as World Class F/As it will be no surprise to see the organizing effort fail yet again.

Josh
Gee, how'd I know you'd try and use my answer as a jumping off point to deliver yet another anti-labor post?

Kev3188 said:
Gee, how'd I know you'd try and use my answer as a jumping off point to deliver yet another anti-labor post?
Wasn't my intent. Don't you go read the posts attacking and villifying the people who disagree with their point of view? WC is having a field day poking fun with the weather but it seems the F/As recognize it has been an operational challenge for DL and they are working to get things back to normal.

Josh

Kev3188 said:
Instead of throwing your toys out of the sandbox, how 'bout just answering the question?

I'll ask again: Since you quit the company, how would you know what happens on a day-to-day basis at any given station?
I didn't say I know what goes on at any given station.

I do know the culture of Delta and know that it is not changed. I have a 25 year headstart on what happened at DL, including under the current administration.

For the past five years, you have tried to paint DL's HR policies as inconsistent, capricious, and which only exist for the purpose of screwing employees out of what they are due, including a job.

Perhaps if you didn't try quite so hard to paint a picture that is so ridiculously unbelievable, esp. in light of the lack of the support for unions you would have if your claims were even partially right, you might be believed.

I've asked you repeatedly for proof that DL's HR policies change on a dime and are crafted over the cubicle walls in ATL and you have come up short.

If what you said was even half right, you'd have no problem obtaining the people you need to sweep in unions thruout DL.

When ACTIVE DL employees in other departments (yes, I know you are the ONLY spokesman for DL employees in ACS on this site), discount what you charge, it makes it even harder for you to be believed.

If DL employees want a union, they'll vote for one. If the company is really treating them badly, they will have no problem voting them in.

If DL employees decide to unionize, I will acknowledge that they made their own best decision. For right now, I can only conclude that they have consistently made the right decision, one that doesn't include any more unions, and they are doing it based on a much higher satisfaction with the way DL treats them than you think.

my toys are in the sandbox. You're the one that is trying to throw MY toys out. :)

I also fly on DL airplanes, hang out in galleys in the middle of the night, and park my car alongside other DL employees too.

I have to say you guys go after WT for not being an active DL employee but no one says a peep about 700 and his postings about the IAM. Call himself a trade unionist, lapsed member, honorary member whatever the substance is the same. Guess different standards apply to different people.

Josh

737823 said:
I have to say you guys go after WT for not being an active DL employee but no one says a peep about 700 and his postings about the IAM. Call himself a trade unionist, lapsed member, honorary member whatever the substance is the same. Guess different standards apply to different people.

Josh
This ^^^^^^^
+10000000

737823 said:
Wasn't my intent. Don't you go read the posts attacking and villifying the people who disagree with their point of view? WC is having a field day poking fun with the weather but it seems the F/As recognize it has been an operational challenge for DL and they are working to get things back to normal.

Josh
WC is a bit of a circus. I can actually feel myself getting dumber if I'm on NoWay too long. Both are a bit too crowded for my liking. Lots of reach, I guess, but not a whole lot of actual discussions...

WorldTraveler said:
I didn't say I know what goes on at any given station.
...Any yet you continue to try and discredit someone who does.

I do know the culture of Delta and know that it is not changed.
Sorry, you're wrong, and I'm basing that comparison on what YOU and other former employees have shared here & elsewhere compared to what's happening today.

For the past five years, you have tried to paint DL's HR policies as inconsistent, capricious, and which only exist for the purpose of screwing employees out of what they are due, including a job.
Didja miss this? I just wrote it a earlier today:

"The policies may not be, but the interpretations of them sure can be."

Even that was my being kind. Do you know what Project Ignite is?

Perhaps if you didn't try quite so hard to paint a picture that is so ridiculously unbelievable...
What's ridiculous is that I don;t even have to try at all. You can't make this stuff up...

If what you said was even half right, you'd have no problem obtaining the people you need to sweep in unions thruout DL.
It's nowhere near as easy as you want to think, but I'll just say that mgmt. at the station & base level is certainly helping the cause...

When ACTIVE DL employees in other departments (yes, I know you are the ONLY spokesman for DL employees in ACS on this site), discount what you charge, it makes it even harder for you to be believed.
Except nobody has.

...And how could they? By your words, none are in 120 or 25...

737823 said:

Josh
Already covered. When 700, GQ, you, or anyone else uses "we" in the same context WT does, then it'll get called out...

Kev3188 said:
Of course you're group is large. No one said they weren't.Given what DL was offering compared to the shell of a CBA AMFA had left, i can't say I blame anyone for not being interested. As I've said before, a decert, regroup, and perhaps try again once merged seemed the best course of action at the time.That said, you not hearing "one mention" of organizing, doesn't mean it's not out there... The world doesn't begin and end in your back shop, you know...
Never said the DL world began and ended at my shop doors!
Been here for 16 years and have worked from one end of toc 1 to the other end of toc 3, where the "Majority" of amts work and not one peep about unions !
But , good luck anyways!

southwind said:
Never said the DL world began and ended at my shop doors!
Been here for 16 years and have worked from one end of toc 1 to the other end of toc 3, where the "Majority" of amts work and not one peep about unions !
But , good luck anyways!
Maybe they know you are a rat. Go to some of the line stations and you may hear different.

Kev3188 said:
Of course you're group is large. No one said they weren't.Given what DL was offering compared to the shell of a CBA AMFA had left, i can't say I blame anyone for not being interested. As I've said before, a decert, regroup, and perhaps try again once merged seemed the best course of action at the time.That said, you not hearing "one mention" of organizing, doesn't mean it's not out there... The world doesn't begin and end in your back shop, you know...
from the mechanics I know at DL they would only be interested in AMFA, then maybe the IBT. Its simple, they look at Southwest and UPS. Which mechanics do the IAM represent? US, do you really think thats a selling point? Yes AMFA got busted at NWA, just like the IAM did at Continental and Eastern, but at least the guys there didn't give and give and give till there was nothing left, don't see any of them complaining about it, in fact there are a few that still come to this thread and say they have no regrets.

WorldTraveler said:
Can you make the font a little larger so that you can read "THE END OF 2014" and then tell us what day today is?DL pilots also gave the company significant productivity enhancements and relaxed scope for the company to buy more large RJs.Those two reasons explain why ONE Of their year's pay raises is larger than other DL employee groups.you also failed to note - not surprisingly - that every other employee group also received pay raises in all but one year of the pilots' contract that meets or exceeds the levels of the pilots.
WorldTraveler said:
Can you make the font a little larger so that you can read "THE END OF 2014" and then tell us what day today is?DL pilots also gave the company significant productivity enhancements and relaxed scope for the company to buy more large RJs.Those two reasons explain why ONE Of their year's pay raises is larger than other DL employee groups.you also failed to note - not surprisingly - that every other employee group also received pay raises in all but one year of the pilots' contract that meets or exceeds the levels of the pilots.
He clearly wrote the end of this year, thats 2014 and the article supports what he wrote, seems that you are the one with a problem with comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back