IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #2,267
737823 said:
No but I imagine despite whatever solidarity charter exists AFA-CWA will be bitter to lose out on the dues since they invested considerably for multiple failed campaigns at DL.  IIRC, organizing DL was one of Pat Friend's goals, defeated just before the end of her term, and Veda didn't deliver either. The details seem to very hush hush about her deaprture but I have long known about the discord within AFA.  You realize Veda is a PDX based AS F/A as well?

Josh
This is about the IAM at DL, not the AFA, not there leadership changes and not their failed campaigns.

The IAM will more than recover the dues payers they lost in 2010, of course their efforts won't begin bringing in cash until an agreement is ratified. The DL F/As out number PM-NW passenger service and ramp, so the AFA would ultimately be the organization that lost out. Wouldn't mind seeing AFA join the circus and pour more money into DL, it would give people more choice but ultimately divide the vote. I do find it funny so many PM-NW F/As are embracing IAM after being under AFA and PFAA for so many years.

Josh

the sad thing is an active (and actual) DL employee replied to the comment. If he wants to talk about it, then it would seem like 700's attempts to control the conversation seems all the more out of place.

• Banned
  • #2,275
southwind said:
The Dude with over 2000 post , in this topic alone, talks about "Obsession"?

Brahahaw.........

737823 said:
The IAM will more than recover the dues payers they lost in 2010, of course their efforts won't begin bringing in cash until an agreement is ratified. The DL F/As put number PM-NW passenger service and ramp, so the AFA would ultimately be the organization that lost out. Wouldn't mind seeing AFA join the circus and pour more money into DL, it would give people more choice but ultimately divide the vote. I do find it funny so many PM-NW F/As are embracing IAM after being under AFA and PFAA for so many years.

Josh
TrollSpray.jpg

• Banned
  • #2,276
WorldTraveler said:
the sad thing is an active (and actual) DL employee replied to the comment. If he wants to talk about it, then it would seem like 700's attempts to control the conversation seems all the more out of place.
You nor Southwind have a vote as you are retired and Southwind is a mechanic.

Next.

And if you got outside of your DL is the best in the world, you would understand why I said that to joshie.

and you certainly don't.

I don't really care what you say to Josh.

It is far more significant that Kev was interested in what Josh posted which makes your attempts to control the conversation out of line.

IAM would stand to gain higher total revenue because weighted average wage for F/As exceeds ACS and ramp which makes Sito and Roach all the more happy.

Josh

southwind,  i know we have our differences  its just from my own personal experiences that i do wish to see the folks at DL become union  Ive been thru a lot of the ringers that Kev and them been thru    Its nothing against anyone in particular 

robbedagain said:
I wish you Kev and all the DL employees the best of luck in becoming UNION   Ya All deserve to have a say in matters!
Thanks!

Yes we do.

yoyodyne said:
I fixed it for you, its not about employees benefiting, its about the IAM benefiting...
...And since the union is it's members, that's a good thing...

737823 said:
The IAM will more than recover the dues payers they lost in 2010, of course their efforts won't begin bringing in cash until an agreement is ratified. The DL F/As out number PM-NW passenger service and ramp, so the AFA would ultimately be the organization that lost out. Wouldn't mind seeing AFA join the circus and pour more money into DL, it would give people more choice but ultimately divide the vote. I do find it funny so many PM-NW F/As are embracing IAM after being under AFA and PFAA for so many years.

Josh
Won't happen. Too much bad blood over how the aftermath of the last election was handled.

As for "embracing," I think most F/A's are simply "embracing" the idea of regaining direction of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back