IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus had no problem calling people hypocrites.

it is amazing how little someone who wants to try to use religion as a basis for debate actually knows about it.

• Banned
  • #2,225
WorldTraveler said:
Jesus had no problem calling people hypocrites.

it is amazing how little someone who wants to try to use religion as a basis for debate actually knows about it.
Well then he would certainly call you one.

maybe he would and if He did, I would accept it and learn from what He has to say.

What I won't accept is someone trying to speak for Him who themselves displays the very same conduct that they what to criticize me for.

And let's not mistake that the real heart of the matter is that you really can't accept that I don't and never will agree with you about the IAM driven campaign which is the subject of this thread.

After years and years of being intimately aware of what makes DL work, I know full well why DL employees have consistently rejected labor unions outside of the pilots among the largest employee groups and there are even a number of pilots who don't believe they are getting what they should despite the fact that the pilots are some of the highest paid US airline pilots on average.

DL employees in other workgroups including with the FAs have repeatedly rejected further unionization, even when the NW merger brought tens of thousands of existing union members to DL.

Delta founder C. E. Woolman said it best: “Now, Delta is growing and
growing fast. Yet we will never have any monopoly. We will always compete
with planes of similar speed and comfort and identical fares. If we continue
to grow, it will be because we can expand without losing the ’difference’ that
made Delta’s reputation…”

Value the differences of Delta people - embrace diverse people, thinking, and styles"

robbedagain said:
kev,  is there any new updates on the good iam drive at the widget
The F/A's campaign still has positive momentum, and is going well.

The ramp side continues to meet it's set targets, and an ever growing list of cities are getting increasingly involved in making the drive their own. Both NYC & ATL (!) have seen both increasing interest large numbers of cards rolling in, which is obviously great to see.

and yet cards expire so the sheer number of cards has to increase.

since the target to call for an election is 50% of the represented group (right or wrong?) the number of cards has to come in at a rate of about 100 per week, right?

We've covered this multiple times already.

Yes, cards expire after one year from date of signing.

Yes cards are renewed at a healthy rate.

No, the overall number needed doesn't increase any more than the overall number of eligible employees does.

are there not close to 10K ramp employees and about 20K FAs?

if so, then the rate of active cards has to be about 100/week for rampers and 200/week for FAs.

WorldTraveler said:
Delta founder C. E. Woolman said it best: “Now, Delta is growing and
growing fast. Yet we will never have any monopoly. We will always compete
with planes of similar speed and comfort and identical fares. If we continue
to grow, it will be because we can expand without losing the ’difference’ that
made Delta’s reputation…”

Value the differences of Delta people - embrace diverse people, thinking, and styles"
Well look at you quoting the RoTR. Good for you.

There's a difference between "valuing differences" and tolerating obnoxious behavior. Just sayin'...

you got a citation for that in the Rules?

Is calling your coworkers "low information" and "that is clearly not your strong suit" supported by the embrace diversity clauses of the Rules?

BTW, I keep a copy of RotR in my backpack.

indeed, but I am not trying to convince anyone to change what they already have. You are.

one more time... the best way to get along on here is to demonstrate the same respect for each other that Rules as well as other "books of wisdom" would suggest.

I'm game to give a try one more time. And you?

WorldTraveler said:
indeed, but I am not trying to convince anyone to change what they already have. You are.
Not on here, I'm not.

And really, the working conditions ramp employees have now do far more to drive card signings than any activist could ever hope for.

I'm off to run errands. One of which is to mail in more cards.

Have fun...

P.S. Nice dodge, BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back