IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #2,176
He didnt violate his CBA, he violated AA's posted rules of conduct.

You do realize there are offenses that one can be terminated for, I mean you do have common sense dont you?

There are the steps of Just Cause that a company has to follow in order to terminate someone.

Plenty of people who violate a company's rules get terminated if they are under a CBA.

Some of those are:
Stealing
Drug Use
Fighting at Work

Having a CBA doesnt prevent someone from getting fired, it allows a person a recourse to fight it.

Employees are told quite clearly you cant speak to the media as an employee of "said" airline.

I was the RS of 1725 and the news came over to my office at the local and interviewed me, I was in an IAM shirt and representing and talking as an IAM Officer and US tried to make an issue out of it, when I clearly showed them the part of the CBA that I cannot be disciplined on behalf of legal union activity, they shut their mouth real fast.

• Banned
  • #2,177
737823 said:

Simply told Robbed thats great he likes the luggage tags because afterall, he paid for them.

Josh
You cant admit you lied and then tried to blame it on me.

You brought up US and the IAM, not me, four hours earlier than I replied to YOUR post.

Come on and man up and admit you did it before I did and then lied about it.

Kev3188 said:
You're kidding, right?

Well the AA APFA F/As I know say repeatedly how they wonder "why they have a union" since the company gets to do what they want all the time. But I guess like the UA AFA hotline messages they should "know and carry their contract at all times"!!!!

Josh

700UW said:
She shared a photo of fellow DL FAs who were getting cards signed.  Something that is posted all over the internet.

Again, know your social media policy.  If said FA's were in uniforms, or if there were customers around, or...
But I bet had that picture been taken at the fiesta get together at Taco Bell, the story would be different...

• Banned
  • #2,180
737823 said:

Well the AA APFA F/As I know say repeatedly how they wonder "why they have a union" since the company gets to do what they want all the time. But I guess like the UA AFA hotline messages they should "know and carry their contract at all times"!!!!

Josh
This isnt AA and the APFA, this isnt UA nor the AFA.

This is about DL and the IAM drive.

700UW said:

You do realize there are offenses that one can be terminated for, I mean you do have common sense dont you?

There are the steps of Just Cause that a company has to follow in order to terminate someone.

Plenty of people who violate a company's rules get terminated if they are under a CBA.

Some of those are:
Stealing
Drug Use
Fighting at Work

Having a CBA doesnt prevent someone from getting fired, it allows a person a recourse to fight it.

Employees are told quite clearly you cant speak to the media as an employee of "said" airline.

I was the RS of 1725 and the news came over to my office at the local and interviewed me, I was in an IAM shirt and representing and talking as an IAM Officer and US tried to make an issue out of it, when I clearly showed them the part of the CBA that I cannot be disciplined on behalf of legal union activity, they shut their mouth real fast.

So do company rules regarding social media fall under this?

The IAM lets companies push them around-see Alaska Air, Boeing, Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, United, USAIR.  

Josh

• Banned
  • #2,183
yoyodyne said:

Again, know your social media policy.  If said FA's were in uniforms, or if there were customers around, or...
But I bet had that picture been taken at the fiesta get together at Taco Bell, the story would be different...
Flight Attendants all over DL's system are in uniform in the break rooms soliciting cards, which is legal under the RLA.

There are certain rules they have to follow.

• Banned
  • #2,184
737823 said:
The IAM lets companies push them around-see Alaska Air, Boeing, Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, United, USAIR.  

Josh
This is about the IAM and DL campaign.

When are you going to admit you lied?

And you are lying again.

You are pathological.

• Banned
  • #2,185
Well its quite clear why he was terminated:

Dallas Employment Attorney Casey Erick in the News
Monday, May 7th, 2012
We are pleased to announce that Dallas/Ft. Worth news station KDAF-TV interviewed firm partner Casey Erick on May 4, 2012. The interview focused on whether or not a Texas employee has the right to criticize his or her employer in a public forum. The interview can be seen here. The news story has also been transcribed below:
KDAF
American Airlines Mechanic Posts YouTube Rant
Dennis Barnett Attacked Airline Management, Union Leaders, Defended Coworkers

Daniel Novick
CW 33 News
9:33 PM CDT, May 4, 2012
DALLAS

The American Airlines bankruptcy appears to be taking its toll on some AA employees, as one mechanic went on a nearly 17 minute rant that was then posted on YouTube.

From the video, it was clear that Dennis Barnett loved air travel, airplanes and the airline industry. He said in the video his father was an airplane mechanic and he said Barnett had worked on airplanes for much of his life.
But his passion for the airline industry has turned into anger.

“This was the fifth largest airline in the world in operating revenues and available seat miles, and you’ve managed to run it and its fleet of aircraft into the [expletive] ground. How [expletive] dare you,” said Barnett.

Barnett, who wore his uniform in the YouTube clip, read a letter that attacked airline management.

“We need leaders in management, not [expletive] who don’t have a [expletive] [expletive] clue in what it takes to run an airline,” he said.

He also went after the unions.

“Our unions are just as much at fault. Jim Little, shut your [expletive] mouth,” said Barnett.

Barnett defended his coworkers, the men and women he said are on the front lines everyday.

“You are taking advantage of us, the employees of this [expletive] [expletive] airline, how [expletive] dare you, you low life mother [expletive],” Barnett said in the YouTube clip.

American Airlines issued a statement about Barnett’s video, which read, “We are aware of the video and the employee has been withheld from service with pay pending further discussion with him.”

Dallas based employment attorney Casey Erick said posting angry comments online could cost Barnett his job, and he probably wouldn’t have a legal leg to stand on to fight the firing.

“Merely griping and complaining about your boss is not protected And I think people would be surprised how many cases actually fall on the side of the employer,” Erick told CW 33 News.

Erick said in cases where online comments by employees were protected was when it was done with the authority of other employees, or the person was speaking on behalf of fellow employees.
Here is the link to his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hQ4eaohzQ

700UW said:

Some of those are:
Stealing
Drug Use
Fighting at Work

So violating company rules can result in termination.

yoyodyne said:

Again, know your social media policy RULES.  If said FA's were in uniforms, or if there were customers around, or...

Again, the taking and posting pictures guidelines are outlined in the social media rules.

700UW said:
Flight Attendants all over DL's system are in uniform in the break rooms soliciting cards, which is legal under the RLA.
There are certain rules they have to follow.

Again, back to reading comprehension, its not that F/A's aren't allowed to solicit cards.  It's about the social media rules.

i-find-your-lack-of-reading-comprehension-disturbing.jpg

• Banned
  • #2,187
I never stated that you cant be terminated for violating company rules.

Is drug use, stealing or fighting in a CBA?

Nope they arent, take your own advice and learn to comprehend what you read.

I stated that the company has to follow the steps of Just Cause when terminating an employee covered under a CBA.

Yoyo--

Let's assume that the picture is the sole issue at play here. You have access to the company's social media policy; what part do you think that picture might violate? Let's also keep in mind that 700 is correct that these pictures are being posted all over the place on FB.

So if it is a violation, what part?

And assuming that is in fact the case, why only her posting, and not the dozens & dozens of the same thing being posted at the same time?

IMO, this isn't about any of that at all.

It's about a very articulate activist who keeps her cool & stays on message while being bombarded on all sides, and the company (remember, that FB page is moderated by mgmt. employees) wanting to control the conversation. 

josh  its not the tags I like.. its the fact that this FA or FAs are wanting to be unionize bec they deserve to have a say in matters  just as the rest of the employees of DL do..  Why is it that they never had a say when they took a 33% reduction in the PS while the pilots and or dispatchers? did not????????

I commend that FA for standing up   She did not need to have a letter put in her file... 

• Banned
  • #2,190
737823 said:
Glad you like them! Your dues paid for them rather than providing quality representation and getting you a CBA at US the IAM is courting new dues payers with your dues to the GL!

Josh

737823 said:

He is the one who brought up OALs and other unions:

Josh
When are you going to admit you lied?

You brought it up nearly four hours before I replied.

See the whole board knows you for what you really are is a liar, and when caught out there, you cant even admit you lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back