IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
kev  he is implying that he alone is the only one who has worked more for dl than any other dl employer..  pretty sad of him to think that way of himself    I don't know how many yrs you had w nwa and the cumulating at dl  but at us I have 16 yrs plus and counting   but at US there are some who have been there since the Piedmont  Allegheny days even Empire days  

and none of your experience was ever at DL. Kevin started DL 5 1/2 years ago. That is when the merger took place.

We're not talking industry experience. We're talking DL experience.

Kevin may or may not accrue the time that I put in at DL.

Whether he does or doesn't is not the issue. The issue is that I said and was correct in saying I understood the DL culture and the way the company is run.

Kev
again, if you want peace on this board, then take control of those who are trying to carry on a conversation that they have no business sticking their nose into.

It isn't a surprise that some of the same people who are sticking their nose into the DL representation issue are no more aware of DL than they are about the DL/US slot deal or AA's financial performance in NYC or the Pacific, issues which I have spoken out about to the considerable displeasure of a lot of people.

I've not doubted your perceptions of what YOU see. I have repeatedly challenged you to prove that what you see is representative of the majority.

The only test is whether a MAJORITY of your coworkers in any class believe with you that they are better off with a union.

The results of the ballot box have repeatedly said the majority does not think like you.

Doesn't make what you believe wrong or less. But unionization has not won even once among a large workgroup at DL since the pilots unionized decades ago.

robbedagain said:
kev  he is implying that he alone is the only one who has worked more for dl than any other dl employer..  pretty sad of him to think that way of himself    I don't know how many yrs you had w nwa and the cumulating at dl  but at us I have 16 yrs plus and counting   but at US there are some who have been there since the Piedmont  Allegheny days even Empire days

I'm in my 17th year here. Before that, I worked at a couple of regional carriers. When I started at NW, I most of the guys I worked with were "first column" guys on the system seniority list. They were great. I loved it.

WorldTraveler said:
and none of your experience was ever at DL. Kevin started DL 5 1/2 years ago. That is when the merger took place.

We're not talking industry experience. We're talking DL experience.

Kevin may or may not accrue the time that I put in at DL.

Whether he does or doesn't is not the issue. The issue is that I said and was correct in saying I understood the DL culture and the way the company is run.
No, you understand it as it was when you separated several years ago.

Your once again implying that I may not be employed here much longer is duly noted.

Kev
again, if you want peace on this board, then take control of those who are trying to carry on a conversation that they have no business sticking their nose into.
Maybe you should stop worrying so goddamn much what everyone else is doing and focus on what YOUR actions (and reactions) are. Everything else will fall in line accordingly.

The results of the ballot box have repeatedly said the majority does not think like you.

Doesn't make what you believe wrong or less. But unionization has not won even once among a large workgroup at DL since the pilots unionized decades ago.
You can continue to look backward if you want. I prefer looking forward.

You may have 17 years with DL but you have 5 and 1/2 years as a DL employee which is where your understanding of the DL culture comes from.

What you understand about NW or any other carrier's culture means nothing in understanding why DL has repeatedly and successfully won in contest after contest with labor.

You again want to believe that I am an outsider while you are a privileged insider but the evidence mounts every day that you fail to bring a vote to the table that I, not you, understand how things work at DL.

Or maybe those of us from other carriers bring a much needed perspective to things. It's not an "insider vs. auslander" issue- I'll leave that to you- but the fact remains that much has changed since you hit the bricks.

Like I said, you can keep looking backward if you want. I prefer to bet the other way.

except there is a reason why DL bought NW and not UA and it was precisely because NW mgmt. had already decimated AMFA and the rest of NW's employees would quickly fall in line behind DL when they were brought up to DL pay levels and got onboard with being compensated for their part of DL's successes.

Looking forward is recognizing the past is over, Kevin.

Selectively trying to keep alive what you want doesn't work and more importantly your coworkers aren't interested.

They have repeatedly said they aren't interested in the union cause and you have yet to prove your statements to the contrary have any validity = which will only be measured at the ballot box.

I absolutely do. I'm not trying to relive a chapter that I chose to walk away from but I also don't and didn't burn my bridges in the process. if others operate that way, then they are the ones who lose esp. when they need to cross some of those same bridges again. Amazing when one realizes those bridges aren't there any more.

you are one pathetic pos wt     im proud that my dad served 4 yrs in usaf and 33 yrs w dl  but he sure as he!! don't miss it  like u oviously do  and btw fyi I got off of his medical benes once mine kicked in    and until this up coming sunday  ive never ever used his travel benes  so go screw yourself wt    go get help man bec you truly need it

this isn't about whether you dad misses DL or not.

You never traveled on DL as a pass rider during the entire time your father worked for them? really? never received health care under DL provided insurance? never took vacation with your father that DL provided?

I'm grateful for what your father did not only in the USAF but also for DL. He clearly was good at what he did or he wouldn't have lasted that long.

But it doesn't change that his legacy ended when you moved out of the house.

your perspective about DL is as an employee of another airline.

For you or anyone to try and argue that you have any skin in this discussion is flawed.

pathetic POS? That statement says far more about you than me.

I popped in to read about the IAM campaign at Delta and I see the Delta PR department spokesperson is still alive and well, and obviously paid by the word, or post count in anti-union thread posts and forums. Do you work for Delta, or one of those union busting outfits?

By the way, what does the last couple of pages have to do with the topic. It seems that the "World Traveler" will yet again get a thread locked by the moderators. What is it with you and thread locks?

Maybe a new forum name is in order, LOCTITE. It will never let go (of the love for ma Delta).

it would be fine with me if this thread was locked.

My participation in these discussions has been well stated. As long as non-active DL employees are allowed to participate in DL labor representation discussions, I am not about to sit on the sideline and let people who have NEVER worked for DL participate in the discussion.

If those Active DL employees to whom this campaign matters would like to take control of it and kick everyone except ACTIVE DL employees out, then I'll bow out too.

I'm not holding my breath they will.

BTW, I get paid nothing other than the satisfaction of watching them squirm.

Kev  with the on going IAM organizing for the FAs and FSA  do you think it might be possible that they could may be announce something come fall if they get more than the required cards  for each of the 2 groups alone the Fleet and FAs at same time?  

WT  I was covered under the medical since I was a kid until I began my career at US in 1998  As an adult this sunday will be the first time I actually will use my dad's travel benefit to fly down to MLB..   btw Im surprised the first flight from ATL to MLB is a 319    usually its a Mad Dog 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back