IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #1,831
I know when UA PCE went IAM I worked the campaign and at the time it was the largest win ever for any airline union.

Read above post where I provided the NMB determination with numbers and all.

Keep up the lies and misinformation.

Guess you can't do math. Half of 16,720 is 8,360. Your IAM only received 8,240 votes.

Josh

737823 said:
You and Kev can keep saying the UA agreement is of no consequence to US, DL or other carrier but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Josh
Actually, I've stated just the opposite, and stand by it. The UA T/A is IMO one of the worst things to happen to my industry in years.

That said, when the time comes, DL people will negotiate based on what is important to them; not what matters at US, what happened at HA, etc.

I'm just a crew chief on the ramp, and even I'm smart enough to not conflate the 2 concepts, how come you're not?

Look, I know you like to quote mine just to bait people into coming on here and correcting you, but it's not only disrespectful, it's f**king annoying. Maybe you think it's funny to mess with people. Maybe it's an intentional move designed to distract. Or maybe your mind is just terrible. Either way, stop it.

The least you could do is go back and find the post you have in mind and use it as a reference. I know you're capable of that.

737823 said:
What would an audit of the IAM show? Despite what you claim not all disbursements are indicated in complete detail on the LM-2s, if it is not a large disbursement it is not included.

Josh
Mosey on over to the DOL website and have a look-see for yourself.

Fair warning: It's a PITA to navigate. Not user friendly at all. Bring some patience.

737823 said:
PCE joined the IAM in 1999.

And Im talking about the change in the rules of how the votes are tabulated, where it is based on the people that actually vote, not the total size of the craft/class. If it was conducted under the pre-2010 the union would have lost.

Josh
Just for clarity, you're not against participatory democracy are you? Surely even you agree that only votes cast should count?

BTW, tell us more about a certain ATL-based carrier's influence in raising the hurdle to even getting to an election....

Fair enough Kev, but you realize it is no longer a T/A it is now a ratified CBA? Unfortunately the implications are much greater. I did not intend any disrespect. I just don't understand why you act like the negotiations are all about what people at the particular carrier want, irrespective of what is industry standard and how things have played out at other carriers. Maybe that is what I am conflating. Btw don't down yourself "I'm just a crew chief", I don't look down on people, you seem like a fine, educated, and well mannered individual who takes their job seriously and takes pride in their work.

Josh

it's a great idea, Kev.

I have headed that way a number of times only to have to endure the assaults of those who have to confront one more truth that I bring which they don't want to hear.

I have decided that I will walk in the same manner as those who chose to walk alongside me on this forum.

There are people like you and E that I have certainly butted heads with in the past but you indeed have decided to walk the high road with me and that is precisely the reason why you are treated differently than others and differently than the way I treated you in the past.

I'm tired of people on here who can't accept that someone else just might know something they don't. I have invested years doing things that some of the people on this board have no concept about. I am NOT going to play stupid to placate someone who sticks their nose into something they don't have a clue about.

My version of the high road doesn't allow people to continue to throw assaults at me as they prove their own ignorance.

I will and do respect people who are willing to do the same, including admitting someone else might be right or keeping their mouth shut if they don't know what they are talking about.

There are precious few people on here who think like that.

Those that do earn my respect.

specific to this topic, as much as you may or may not want to hear it, I have invested more of my life at DL than you likely will and certainly more than robbed or 700 or Josh.

You want to argue that the world has changed even while I have consistently said it hasn't - and if it has, you have yet to show the evidence that proves that DL people want the world you want over the world the company has successfully built over 8 decades.

specific to this topic, the thread title once again says it all "IAM stepping up the campaign"

• Banned
  • #1,838
737823 said:
Fair enough Kev, but you realize it is no longer a T/A it is now a ratified CBA? Unfortunately the implications are much greater. I did not intend any disrespect. I just don't understand why you act like the negotiations are all about what people at the particular carrier want, irrespective of what is industry standard and how things have played out at other carriers. Maybe that is what I am conflating. Btw don't down yourself "I'm just a crew chief", I don't look down on people, you seem like a fine, educated, and well mannered individual who takes their job seriously and takes pride in their work.

Josh
Did the Executive Council vote on it?

Nope.

The UA Members who work at UA and work under the CBA voted for it, it passed 70% to 30%, thats a pretty wide margin of approval.

I would almost be willing to pay to see Roach and Sito work under these agreement, of course they didn't vote on it.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,840
They worked under worse CBAs at TWA and gave back for years to keep TW in business.

Once again, dont let the facts get in your way.

• Banned
  • #1,842
They worked the line, Sito was a mechanic and Robert was a Ramper.

And shop stewards work their regular job, it is not a full time paid union position.

They work in their respective job area and represent the members as the first line of defense, and call ot etc...

I was a steward for over 15 years, I worked my regular job and represented the members.

WorldTraveler said:
it's a great idea, Kev.
Good. Adopt it.

I have headed that way a number of times only to have to endure the assaults of those who have to confront one more truth that I bring which they don't want to hear.
It's always someone else, isn't it?

specific to this topic, as much as you may or may not want to hear it, I have invested more of my life at DL than you likely will and certainly more than robbed or 700 or Josh.
And you're implying what here, exactly?

You want to argue that the world has changed even while I have consistently said it hasn't - and if it has, you have yet to show the evidence that proves that DL people want the world you want over the world the company has successfully built over 8 decades.
Not only have I "shown" it on here, I see it every day with my own 2 eyes. So do my coworkers around the system.

You just don't want to hear it. So be it.

specific to this topic, the thread title once again says it all "IAM stepping up the campaign"
Indeed it is, and indeed they are.

700UW said:
The UA Members who work at UA and work under the CBA voted for it, it passed 70% to 30%, thats a pretty wide margin of approval.
Yes they did, and they will now have to live with the consequences, unintended or not.

700UW said:
They worked the line, Sito was a mechanic and Robert was a Ramper.

And shop stewards work their regular job, it is not a full time paid union position.

They work in their respective job area and represent the members as the first line of defense, and call ot etc...

I was a steward for over 15 years, I worked my regular job and represented the members.
I can't believe people still think otherwise.

But they still got a lot of gravy from the IAM, and didn't have the same experience as the members.

Sito Pantoja initiated into IAM Local Lodge 1056 in Jamaica, NY in 1977 as an Aircraft & Powerplant Mechanic. He served as a shop steward at Local 1056 until he transferred to Local Lodge 949 in St. Louis in 1988. He served Local 949 as Trustee and Recording Secretary and has been a full-time IAM Representative since his 1991 election as member and later Chairman of the local’s Full-Time Grievance Committee.

Sito Pantoja was appointed Grand Lodge Special Representative in 1999 and GLR shortly thereafter. He was selected Administrative Assistant to GVP Roach in 2005. Sito was elected Chairman of the International Transport Workers' Federation's Civil Aviation Section in 2010.

A graduate of New York City’s Aviation High School, Sito holds a Bachelor's Degree in Labor Studies from the National Labor College.
Robert Roach Jr. is the 11th General Secretary-Treasurer since the founding of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) in 1888.

Roach started in the IAM as a ramp serviceman for TWA in 1975 and was a member of Local Lodge 1056 in New York. Soon after, he transferred to Local Lodge 1445 in Newark, NJ. He was elected as a Shop Steward in 1976 and served as Grievance Committee Chairman from 1979 through 1992. Roach also held other union positions in Local Lodge 1445, including Trustee, Vice President and President.

In 1984, he was elected District Lodge 142 Trustee and also served as coordinator for the District's Human Rights Committee. Roach became a District 142 General Chairman in 1992.
So Roach has been out of the job since 1984 and Sito has since 1991.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back