IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you arguing that one should throw the baby out with the bath water.

You're right about one thing; DL is different from any other carrier.

...And that's why this campaign is different from any other.

Furthermore, what DL people want may not be a big deal at US, or vice versa. Negotiations will be based on what is important to the DL workforce, and the the DL workforce alone. Oh, and despite what union busters want people to believe, the status quo is the jumping off point.

As for cards, who's to say that there aren't already enough on hand, and that they're just waiting to hit a higher target threshold before filing? It's not out of the realm of possibility, you know...

Kev3188 said:
Negotiations will be based on what is important to the DL workforce, and the the DL workforce alone.
As you well know, no one in this industry exists in a vacuum. Even WN is increasingly turning to outsourcing and their long history of smooth labor relations is coming to an end. Didn't UA surveys for 141 indicated scope and healthcare were their top items? How did that work out? Unfortunately I imagine the direction of negotiations will be to suit the interests of the IAM-DL joining IAMNPF, keeping ready reserve and part-time with no limits so as to maximize dues, and organizing DGS in the future.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,788
WN is trying to outsource, they arent permitted much in the ACS department.

Try again.

Explain why the IAM decries ready reserve at DL throughout the campaign yet they readily and willingly agreed to add it at Hawaiian under nearly identical terms?

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,790
I dont have to explain anything to you.

If you want to know ask the HA members who ratified the CBA.

I don't know what the plan at HA was. You'll have to ask someone at DL 141. 

As for the current campaign here at DL, there is no "decrying" of RR's. There is a stated goal to puts some caps on the program's growth, get it back to what the original idea behind it was, and create a structure that fosters both career progression for those that want it, while maintaining flexibility for those that prefer that.

You ask me questions and then attack me when I don't answer, seems I have struck a nerve and a question you don't want to answer because you don't like the reality. Maybe Kev can weigh in.

Josh

Kev3188 said:
I don't know what the plan at HA was. You'll have to ask someone at DL 141. 

As for the current campaign here at DL, there is no "decrying" of RR's. There is a stated goal to puts some caps on the program's growth, get it back to what the original idea behind it was, and create a structure that fosters both career progression for those that want it, while maintaining flexibility for those that prefer that.
See article 26:

http://www.iam141.org/docs/HA2014clerical.pdf

Josh

737823 said:
As you well know, no one in this industry exists in a vacuum. Even WN is increasingly turning to outsourcing and their long history of smooth labor relations is coming to an end.
WN's scope is still the best in the industry, IMO.

At DL one could simply craft language covering all the existing work/stations they have now, and it would be zero-cost.

...But they won't because that would mean a loss of autocracy...

• Banned
  • #1,795
I was not HA and wasnt involved, that is why I told you to ask them.

Too bad you dont like it when someone doesnt answer, look in the mirror.

Oh and I did answer.

WN's scope is still the best in the industry, IMO.

At DL one could simply craft language covering all the existing work/stations they have now, and it would be zero-cost.

...But they won't because that would mean a loss of autocracy...
and yet WN wants to outsource its ramp in a number of cities and they have simply closed many stations that don't fit the model of where they can use their own ramp.

It is hardly a win for the company to argue that WN is doing better when they can't profitably serve a number of cities that DL can precisely because of the flexibility that DL has.

Didn't WN promise their employees not to close any FL stations at the time of the merger? They closed MIA and SRQ, and about a dozen others.

Josh

and yet WN wants to outsource its ramp in a number of cities and they have simply closed many stations that don't fit the model of where they can use their own ramp.

It is hardly a win for the company to argue that WN is doing better when they can't profitably serve a number of cities that DL can precisely because of the flexibility that DL has.

Have you read WN's scope clause? All current stations at the time of ratification are grandfathered in. They can "want" to outsource them all day; unless that language gets changed, it won't happen.

Of DL has "flexibility." it comes in the form of no CBA. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want with no recourse.

737823 said:
Didn't WN promise their employees not to close any FL stations at the time of the merger? They closed MIA and SRQ, and about a dozen others.

Josh
People say lots of rosy things at merger time.

Kinda like DL promising to adopt the "best of both carriers" to the combined employee group, and Anderson's testimony before congress to that the company would "stay neutral" during the representational campaigns.

Of course, but I pointed that out because I believe WN labor trusted their management to act on their "promise". Obviously business conditions change, but closing dozens of stations was wicked different than what they told the public and their employees.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back