IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #1,622
The UA has mechanics on layoff, and yet the CO side is hiring, and they are still two separate work groups.

And the IBT hasnt gotten improvements and actually has given back work to the ramp instead of it being done by mechanics.

UA ramp is making more than US as US has been in Section 6 negotiations for several years.

I want to know how UA mechanics are doing relative to UA rampers, you know, in pay and benefits.

That comparison makes as much sense as comparing DL pilots and rampers.

• Banned
  • #1,624
You dont get the point.

The point is how well the pilots did with a CBA with increases in pay, pension and benefits and having protections under a CBA, which ACS nor inflight have.

You know damn well you cant compare pilots to ramp for salary, so stop being coy.

700UW said:
You dont get the point.

The point is how well the pilots did with a CBA with increases in pay, pension and benefits and having protections under a CBA, which ACS nor inflight have.

You know damn well you cant compare pilots to ramp for salary, so stop being coy.
oh, I do indeed get the point....

you can't admit that DL's non-contract employees DID receive pay and benefits increases that were SUPERIOR to what their peers received at other airlines.

in fact, DL's non-contract employees received higher pay raises than many PILOTS received at other airlines if you want to throw your mixing and matching even more into the mix.

DL's PILOTS received pay raises that measured THEIR contributions to the company which include significant scheduling and scope benefits.

DL pilots are working far more as a result of their contract and allowed the company to buy seventy some large RJs.

Again, tell me what DL's non-contract employees have done.

Kev3188 said:
and this is the thought leadership that is going to result in convincing DL employees of their need for a union?

can you say

D - O - A

700 is just like Overspeed. The DL people used their democratic right and said "F no" to the unions but the IAM won't take no for an answer and keeps pushing the DL people to believe their empty promises. Time will tell but I think it's just a vocal minority of disgruntled "activists" seeking representation.

Josh

737823 said:
700 is just like Overspeed. The DL people used their democratic right and said "F no" to the unions but the IAM won't take no for an answer and keeps pushing the DL people to believe their empty promises. Time will tell but I think it's just a vocal minority of disgruntled "activists" seeking representation.
Josh
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Have you looked in the mirror yet, 700?

Does anyone else find it funny unions cry foul when "outsiders" get involved in their matters but they see no problem interjecting at DL? The UAW blamed outside involvement from politicians and news media in their Chattanooga VW defeat. Boeing IAM 751 officials remarked that too many outsiders were in "their business". But yet they want outsiders involved in a fruitless organizing drive at DL.

Williams and other UAW leaders were outraged that politicians and outside special interest groups "interfered with the basic legal right of workers to form a union.

"We're proud that these workers were brave and stood up to the tremendous pressure from outside," Williams, who directs the union's transnational program, said. "We hope this will start a larger discussion about workers' right to organize."

King told reporters after the results were released that the union will decide in the next few days whether to appeal the vote on grounds it was influenced by outside parties.
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140214/OEM01/140219894/uaw-rejected-in-organizing-vote-at-vw-plant-in-tenn.#

Josh

700UW said:
The UA has mechanics on layoff, and yet the CO side is hiring, and they are still two separate work groups.

And the IBT hasnt gotten improvements and actually has given back work to the ramp instead of it being done by mechanics.

UA ramp is making more than US as US has been in Section 6 negotiations for several years.
Let me clarify something:
What work was taken from MX? sCO always had a Aircraft Movement Team at their hubs. That was negotiated years ago. In sCO hubs: EWR; IAH; CLE, that has been ramps's work and will continue to be so. At least the IAM fought for it (KC was on he negotiation team and fought for it), and the Move Team has been successful. I'm quite sure that MX will continue to do their work in sUA hubs. The contract says so. Unless it is negotiated again. The company wanted to create a APU Team where ramp come in and turns on the APU in aircraft, but that wasn't gonna fly because now we are short and have duties elsewhere. So that died quickly. Need every able body working the ramp now....

BTW: MX has broken off talks for a couple of months, and will be going back to the table soon, along with the FA's. And you also meant that the sUA flight attendants have been furloughed, where there is hiring on the sCO side. MX have two separate IBT contracts still. The company is still slowwalking on contract negotiations though, and I feel that the FA's may take a major hit somewhere along the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back