ATTENTION RESERVE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (and BH's too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand firm on my position. If the contract can't be done until the pilots settle......S P L I T ! ! ! I won't say another word about it.

Hi Y'all,

Been flying myself. Actually just finished a 28 hr 4 day. BUT, I ran into a dear old friend who works the west side who told me about a 4 day coming up for September.

The extra position for a 321. (There is an earlier posting about a high-time 4-day and this is along the same lines).

Its a 38 hr. 4 day (+/- as I do not access to exact figures) BUT in a nutshell. Its just like it was posted earlier ( with each day being PHX/LAS/CLT/LAS) , BUT HERE'S THE KICKER..... EACH LAYOVER IS 11 HOURS .... IN VEGAS for 3 consecutive nights! In a hotel that is less than stellar in terms of rest and relaxation.

I mean really, if you are going to build trips like that, you can forget it!

I have no problem "divorcing" the pilots and getting high-time trips, but if it means trips like that? As we say up north fuggettaboutit! I vote NO!

peggedpans.jpg

I guess you never had a shaker sweater and socks to match that looked fabulous with your Z. Cavaricci pegged pants.

A trip like that would be had by many. With that said, I believe that language could be agreed upon to limit the amount of trips built like that. Don't we currently have an agreement that limits the amount of 1, 2, 3 and 4 day trips? All of this can be negotiated. I think if the overnight was pushed to about 14 hours that trip would be a dream. We'll see. I'm done debating splitting/staying with the pilots. We'll just have to see where this goes.

A trip like that is a dog trip, unless it has 7 hours of claim on it, then its a nice trip. In the old days a trip like that would have 7 hours of rig built into it. I too am done debating this issue, because as I stated I will NOT vote for anything that contains split language. I am not going to vote to put people out of work, for the sake of a few dollars pay raise and harder trips then we have now.

A trip like that is a dog trip, unless it has 7 hours of claim on it, then its a nice trip. I will NOT vote for anything that contains split language. I am not going to vote to put people out of work, for the sake of a few dollars pay raise and harder trips then we have now.

IF you think it is bad now......just wait. If the membership is DUMB enough to vote for split language for a few measly dollars.....Christmas will come early to TEMPE. Tempe can't be trusted now to adhere to the contract SO why would you think the company would all of a sudden begin to adhering to the contract "IF" the FA's split from the pilots?

Interim contract that keeps East-East and West-West possibly - ONLY if it is immediately amendable upon USAPA reaching an combined agreement. I for one have no desire to work with mixed crews until the current labor issues are resolved with the pilot group out West.

AMEN

IF you think it is bad now......just wait. If the membership is DUMB enough to vote for split language for a few measly dollars.....Christmas will come early to TEMPE. Tempe can't be trusted now to adhere to the contract SO why would you think the company would all of a sudden begin to adhering to the contract "IF" the FA's split from the pilots?

Interim contract that keeps East-East and West-West possibly - ONLY if it is immediately amendable upon USAPA reaching an combined agreement. I for one have no desire to work with mixed crews until the current labor issues are resolved with the pilot group out West.

AMEN
Totally agree!!! Don't think for a moment Tempe won't continue to say, "Just grieve it." My husband who is one of those retired pilots who lost his retirement just laughs and agrees it would be Christmas for Doug. He believes the company would put us in substandard hotels as well as build trips like the 4 day mentioned for the west. The only positive outcome, for the reserves anyway, is that the senior blockholders would scramble for the international trips or finally retire. As a reserve f/a I know scheduling busts my chops and it's only the pilots who can say, " Nope, not gonna or I'll be there when I can get there in the traffic, weather, etc. I'd prefer to stay with the pilots. Just my opinion.

NEWSFLASH: Congrats to the PHX based Flight Attendant group. They have enough signatures to ballot a recall of their officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back