ATTENTION RESERVE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (and BH's too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now what will afa do to discount the fact that Lisa has been recalled in effect by her membership? I do not want to be rude but clearly, if walls cound talk she defiantly got caught. as smooth as you are a thief is a thief.

now what will afa do to discount the fact that Lisa has been recalled in effect by her membership? I do not want to be rude but clearly, if walls cound talk she defiantly got caught. as smooth as you are a thief is a thief.
Hi Baja,

You are someone who truly cares about the flight attendants, and we have always looked up to you and respected you, even through the "thick and thin"....

So, I must ask, how do you feel about FA's and Pilots separating? I mean, with solid contactual protections, do you think it could work? Give us your feedback. You were here for us junior pukes in 2000, so give us something to think about now.... Your thoughts will always be welcomed and considered....

Beachboy, where do you get your information from? An insider? :rolleyes:
We haven't heard one thing on the West that would suggest they have been recalled? Not on our board or anything. Please spill the dirt. This could mean more dragged out fighting amongst all of US, and this in not the best of news! New membership out West is going to take time, and management is laughing OUT LOUD, if this is true. :down:

I am not discounting anything that can help the flight attendant group. Lets get all the information with a lot of discussion. I am not saying it can not be done, but Carol says she had nothing to do with the last Contract. I do not believe she would say that but we will dig into this because not to do so is just plain STUPID

I am not discounting anything that can help the flight attendant group. Lets get all the information with a lot of discussion. I am not saying it can not be done, but Carol says she had nothing to do with the last Contract. I do not believe she would say that but we will dig into this because not to do so is just plain STUPID

Exactly, which makes me wonder why your earlier posts pontificate that splitting from the pilots would be the stupidest thing we could do. Shouldn't we look at the idea, and consider it, and possibly make our lives better, or should we simply not even consider it, and continue sitting in crash pads for 25 days a month all winter? Again, you know that a pilot contract is light years away. Let's see what the MEC/ JNC comes up with.

IF you think it is bad now......just wait. If the membership is DUMB enough to vote for split language for a few measly dollars.....Christmas will come early to TEMPE. Tempe can't be trusted now to adhere to the contract SO why would you think the company would all of a sudden begin to adhering to the contract "IF" the FA's split from the pilots?

Oh, please. Fear mongering at its best. Please tell me how your pilots protect you now from scheduling abuses? Short answer, they don't. Hell, scheduling can reschedule you now! Clear contractual language will protect the flight attendants from abuses. Many airlines do it and they are not constantly abused or exhausted. :rolleyes: The real abuses would come from the FA's not bothering to learn their contractual language....

Interim contract that keeps East-East and West-West possibly - ONLY if it is immediately amendable upon USAPA reaching an combined agreement.[/b] I for one have no desire to work with mixed crews until the current labor issues are resolved with the pilot group out West.

AMEN

Why? I would have no problem flying with West pilots. They are professionals, just like you and me.

Totally agree!!! Don't think for a moment Tempe won't continue to say, "Just grieve it." My husband who is one of those retired pilots who lost his retirement just laughs and agrees it would be Christmas for Doug. He believes the company would put us in substandard hotels as well as build trips like the 4 day mentioned for the west. The only positive outcome, for the reserves anyway, is that the senior blockholders would scramble for the international trips or finally retire. As a reserve f/a I know scheduling busts my chops and it's only the pilots who can say, " Nope, not gonna or I'll be there when I can get there in the traffic, weather, etc. I'd prefer to stay with the pilots. Just my opinion.
Read MF's E-line, and educate yourself. He said they are exploring the possibility, and has already set limits that would be deal breakers to the Union:

From the E-line:

We also know ANY consideration of changing that history will never occur unless all of the protections flying with the pilots provide remain in a single Flight Attendant contract.

Those protections include, but are not limited to:

Duty rigs, trip rigs and minimum day

Duty time limitations

Minimum overnight rest requirements

Hotel accommodations and hotel transportation

Domicile protection of block hours in relation to pilot block hours

The Company has proposed better Duty Rigs, Trip Rigs and Minimum Day values than are currently provided for in either the East or West agreements. The Company has proposed shorter duty periods and greater minimum rest requirements than we currently have. The Company has already agreed that hotel accommodations and transportation will be the same as the pilots.
(bolding is mine...)

When is the last time the front end got you out of a jam? They can even be rescheduled one hour longer than we can, and often try to convince us that we can be rescheduled that way, too! Please cite examples where the Pilots protect me, aside from giving me lots of time off by giving a large majority of our former flying to Mesa, Republic, etc....

****HOT OFF THE PRESS****

Ok can someone PLEASE explain to me why Mike Flores is in the Awest crew room until the last transatlantic flight departs tonight and in the B crewroom tomorrow engaging flight attendants? I know he is there taking the temperature of the flight attendants in regards to splitting from the pilots and other issues. He is actually OUT THERE listening to flight attendants, explaining issues and taking an ear beating I'm sure. SO, I must ask where John McCorkle is? This is HIS base of HIS local. He should be down in the crew room getting the pulse of HIS flight attendants he represents on issues that we are ALL wondering about and want answers to. Again, THANK YOU Mike for getting out there and actually listening to our ideas and fears. And John, you should be ashamed of yourself. Couldn't make it due to the phone ringing off the hook with poor desperate flight attendants needing your help with legalities? PLEASE what a disgrace. :rolleyes:

This is the sort of actions that should be taken by John, Anne and Alan. :rolleyes:

Ok can someone PLEASE explain to me why Mike Flores is in the Awest crew room until the last transatlantic flight departs tonight and in the B crewroom tomorrow engaging flight attendants? I know he is there taking the temperature of the flight attendants in regards to splitting from the pilots and other issues. He is actually OUT THERE listening to flight attendants, explaining issues and taking an ear beating I'm sure. SO, I must ask where John McCorkle is? This is HIS base of HIS local. He should be down in the crew room getting the pulse of HIS flight attendants he represents on issues that we are ALL wondering about and want answers to. Again, THANK YOU Mike for getting out there and actually listening to our ideas and fears. And John, you should be ashamed of yourself. Couldn't make it due to the phone ringing off the hook with poor desperate flight attendants needing your help with legalities? PLEASE what a disgrace. :rolleyes:

This is the sort of actions that should be taken by John, Anne and Alan. :rolleyes:

I don't know, MF is the one negotiating the contract, not John. I agree JM could be more visible, but I bet this crew room info session is more about negotiations, no?

Oh absolutely but I find no reason why John couldn't be in the crew room answering questions and taking notes on what flight attendants feel on certain issues. John I'm sure has a bit of knowledge of what is going on in negotiations to a degree. At least act interested enough to listen to your flight attendants concerns, ya know the ones he represents? Well I'm not so sure the relationship between John and Mike is so peachy so maybe John doesn't know that much about what's going on. He's so busy in the office answering phones. :rolleyes: God on a wheel........he is so disconnected with his group yet feels as he is the almighty savior to the PHL flight attendants. Anyway, THANK YOU Mike for getting out there and taking the pulse of the group. Very smart move. :up:

THANK YOU Mike for getting out there and taking the pulse of the group. Very smart move. :up:
Mike may have a big ego (who in his position doesn't?), but he has the interest of ALL US Airways f/a's at heart.

I love being with the pilots, however enough is enough. Take the increases and have in BLACK and WHITE protections that are equal to the pilots of those issues we deem important. And I MEAN BLACK and WHITE!! No gray!!

Local AFA is losing more credibility day by day...everywhere from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back