What do the flight attendants want/need onboard

I agree with you on every point but one. The PHL-MHT flight has been a limited Bev service. Not a by request only. In fact in the past it was a full bev service.
My point is; lazy employees are also assisting management in chasing away full fare frequent fliers. And if they want a pay raise, thye need to due their share in keeping these fiers happy as well with the tools and regulations they are given.

sky high states: And, I agree with you, Single. Not all F/A's carry the beverage CHART and decide by majority if they will do the "limited" service. Example: RIC to CLT. 40 minutes. You can get an F/A commuter on this flight and hear, "Oh, this flt is short, most crews dont serve it." But, it's on the bev Chart as limited. And, YES. It can be done.
There is a mixture of lazy employee and the new attitude of Low cost. The lazy employee justifies their performance by their reduced pay and benefits. And, by the passengers (perceived) low cost ticket.

only stating opinions.

Lets keep in mind when comparing our service to southwests on short flights that they have all 3 flight attendants to work in serving. We have one that works up front doing the f/c bev and snack basket. Even if they help out it is STILL time taken away from helping with an express bev service. Most times they will help pick up trash. Not to mention that that 9hole tray HAS to go. I don't care who or what airline uses it. Swinging that baby around with hot coffee on it is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Why not lids for the cups then?

Ok everyone is talking about what they want. Well how about coworkers that are not PIGS. WHY oh why is it necessary to open the cups compartment and find EVERY pack of cups open. Why is it hard to find the bag of snacks/pretzels that ARE open rather than have half of the stock open. The airbus cart BS that the company did is bad enough but we have f/a's that make it worse by throwing EVERYTHING anywhere. MANY and I do mean MANY f/a's just don't care. It only makes the next coworkers job that much harder. It is so nice to change planes and walk into an organized galley. I'm not saying you have to have it "rainman" clean with organized sugar and fruit stabbed but c'mon. The very same f/a's will complain about everything under the sun. I was ready to chase the #$%$# down that was in back. I had just about had it. Anyway. I hear we are getting the west cups come November. Can we at least have our name put on them? They just look like a stack of cups bought at the Dollar Store for a cheap picnic.

I hear we are getting the west cups come November. Can we at least have our name put on them? They just look like a stack of cups bought at the Dollar Store for a cheap picnic.

Because they probably are. :shock:

I would just like to find a f/c basket ready to serve.

BTW, would you pilots, cleaners, and everyone else keep your dirty hands out of that basket. The snacks are somewhere in the galley. Just ask. ;)

That reminds me – I need take home some stuff for the rugrats when they come to Trick-or-Treat
Ewwwww if snacks from the basket don't make you the most popular house to trick or treat at nothing will. Here you go kiddies, some nice yummy pretzels and biscovs. That house would get "biscoved" later that night. LOL :lol:

That reminds me – I need take home some stuff for the rugrats when they come to Trick-or-Treat
:lol:

Just take it out of the pee pickin' trash bag with all the crap in it found in the....................................................:unsure:

I took the girlfriend’s kid out Trick-or-Treating in Chippewa, PA one year. We get back home and dump the bag on the kitchen counter so I can check it all out. Sure enough, there are half a dozen bags of FC almonds with the Company logo on them.

When I asked her which houses they came from, I get one of those patented 8-year-old shrugs.

Regarding the plastic cups.....had an airplane last week that had the Super Sized (non logo look) along with cups from Continental, Delta, Alaska and the US logos. Personnally our crew liked the Continental cup.......had Coca Cola on it.....Catering and Marketing should work out an arrangement where COKE (our primary vendor) pays for the cup with Both their logo and the airline logo ON IT. Size of the Continental cup was somehat different in shape than the US cup but held exactly the same amount of liquid.

Another thing about that cup is the size. The company at least for those of us working under the east P&P says serve the cup and not the can unless it's asked for. Well that cup just about takes the can. How do you do the service with those cups on an airbus? I mean they took all the damn soda away. If they want to cut costs then go with a smaller cup. They seem to be going smaller and cheaper with everything else around here. Also, those cups don't fit in our 737 300/400 baskets. They also take all your ice to fill. Ohhhh the drama over a cup. :lol:

Another thing about that cup is the size. The company at least for those of us working under the east P&P says serve the cup and not the can unless it's asked for. Well that cup just about takes the can. How do you do the service with those cups on an airbus? I mean they took all the damn soda away. If they want to cut costs then go with a smaller cup. They seem to be going smaller and cheaper with everything else around here. Also, those cups don't fit in our 737 300/400 baskets. They also take all your ice to fill. Ohhhh the drama over a cup. :lol:
Very good point(s). The larger cup is better IF the policy will be To SERVE A CUP......but catering needs to provision MORE Beverages due to the larger cup. Some F/As will always serve the can REGARDLESS what The Policy IS. On a recent BOS-PHL flight (roughly 52 minutes) on the 757 we went thru 12 Bottles of Water, not to mention the usual coke/sprite/diet coke offering. Their seems to be a real confusion on the part of Inflight and Catering and follow through with "Double provioning" has been a joke AT BEST.

Very good point(s). The larger cup is better IF the policy will be To SERVE A CUP......but catering needs to provision MORE Beverages due to the larger cup. Some F/As will always serve the can REGARDLESS what The Policy IS. On a recent BOS-PHL flight (roughly 52 minutes) on the 757 we went thru 12 Bottles of Water, not to mention the usual coke/sprite/diet coke offering. Their seems to be a real confusion on the part of Inflight and Catering and follow through with "Double provioning" has been a joke AT BEST.
Indeed. If you are on a 321 with an express service back and fourth with those big cups your gonna be close to running out of soda. As for the water, just bring the damn small bottles back. Can it really cost millions?

Can it really cost millions?

sky high states: US Airways Fleet
US Airways fleet boasts almost 4,000 daily departures.
Sureeeeeeeee, give out TEN bottles of water in coach, daily. Do the math! This airline is a LOW COST airline and its employees gave BILLIONS to be one. A coach passenger wants a bottle of water? There's plenty of stores in the terminal. Or one can get a "glass of water" onboard.

only stating opinions.

Why not just use the cart for an express service. Toss everything on top and go. Makes it faster.

Why not just use the cart for an express service. Toss everything on top and go. Makes it faster.

sky high states: they said, 321. One working out of the back galley............two on the bev/limited cart.

only stating opinions

Back