What do the flight attendants want/need onboard

Don't make fun of "mad cow" !!! It pays the bills. Once Bank of America dicontinues the credit card program, there will be alot of f/a's that realize that hello, our paycheck is NOTHING. :shock: Who knows what we will have to "sell" next. Meow.

Hold on to your udders folks. Here comes the Stew dressed in blue. :shock: I think it is a great benefit that we have to earn a few extra bucks, but you've got to admit that there are some that "squeeze it" or "milk it" a little too much/hard. :eek:

Yesterday, they did not do a cabin service in coach on a PHL - MHT flight, but they had the time to promote the credit card. The 737 was about 3/4 full in the back. They had a cabin service up front.

Not good customer service.
The Company sets the service guidelines. If it is a no serve then they do not serve in the back...well unless there is a special request!

Speaking of Request flights(no serves), how do they figure that out? Is it miles or block time. If you look at the Service sheet at east you see that PHL-BOS is express yet PHL-RDU is full beverage yet less time. How can this be? The actual flight time we were in the air was shorter than PHL-BOS. THAT makes no sense. How much time is padded into a city pair means absolutely NOTHING when we are talking air time to get the beverage done. Two flight attendants doing a beverage on the 737-400 is really hard if your working with Slow f/a. :lol: If your on an airbus good luck getting the service done. The back galley is always a mess now. Can't even tell which is a beverage cart.

Speaking of Request flights(no serves), how do they figure that out? Is it miles or block time. If you look at the Service sheet at east you see that PHL-BOS is express yet PHL-RDU is full beverage yet less time. How can this be? The actual flight time we were in the air was shorter than PHL-BOS. THAT makes no sense. How much time is padded into a city pair means absolutely NOTHING when we are talking air time to get the beverage done. Two flight attendants doing a beverage on the 737-400 is really hard if your working with Slow f/a. :lol: If your on an airbus good luck getting the service done. The back galley is always a mess now. Can't even tell which is a beverage cart.

The service at US East is based on miles.

Flights 224 miles or less is Service Upon Request
Flights 225-290 miles is Short Haul Beverage.
Flights 291-699 miles is Standard Beverage.
Then you have Midcon, Transcon, Red-eye (Eastbound)etc.

It use to be based on time, but if memory serves me correctly, they changed it to miles so that the service would be the same regardless if you were on an express flight or mainline flight.

I dosen't matter if it was express or full service on the PHL-MHT. NO service was given, just selling credit cards. Also I beleive the flight is just over 300 miles, so by the chart it should have been a full-sevice

The latest Domestic Mainline Service at a Glance sheet says PHL-MHT is an express service. VERY lazy and tastless for them to not do the service yet do CashCow. If it's to bumpy to serve then it's not deemed safe to do CashCow either. If the captain says stop/postpone service and be seated that means cashcow as well. Bad call to have done it.

The latest Domestic Mainline Service at a Glance sheet says PHL-MHT is an express service. VERY lazy and tastless for them to not do the service yet do CashCow. If it's to bumpy to serve then it's not deemed safe to do CashCow either. If the captain says stop/postpone service and be seated that means cashcow as well. Bad call to have done it.
Wrong-o, Travelpro!

Cashcow does not involve a heavy cart..
Cashcow does not involve liquids that spill everywhere..
Captain does not need to tell you to be seated/ not do the service, you can make that decision yourself.

Mooooooo! :lol:

So what you are saying is that if you cannot move through the cabin to do a service you STILL go through with Cashcow? You MUST be joking. If it's to bumpy to work it's to bumpy to PIMP your credit card. PERIOD. You are a class act. :rolleyes:

The flight I was not toalking was not even bumpy. The seat belt sing was OFF. They Were just plain lazy. There uniforms looked nice and neat. Maybe thats why. They don't do a beverage service.

So what you are saying is that if you cannot move through the cabin to do a service you STILL go through with Cashcow? You MUST be joking. If it's to bumpy to work it's to bumpy to PIMP your credit card. PERIOD. You are a class act. :rolleyes:
Oh, I am a class act, trust me. You are going to tell me that each and every time you don't perform a service that you stay seated and belted in? Bull. You make coffee, grab a magazine, etc.... Serving hot coffee and oj (or sodas or whatever) and having a heavy cart in the aisle is a little different than walking thru with credit card apps...

Get over the Cash cow thing. It's being done, it will continue to be done, so live with it. Doing it tastefully on every flight, regardless of service, is permitted. So relax.

Drama drama drama... :lol: :lol:
Oh yah...Mooooooooooooooooo

So you are saying that if the Captain tell you to be seated you ignore him?
HUH? Where did I say that? I said that we can not do a service if we feel it is too dangerous, don't have to wait for the Captain to tell us it is too dangerous. Not sure where you got the above statement from....

The flight I was not toalking was not even bumpy. The seat belt sing was OFF. They Were just plain lazy. There uniforms looked nice and neat. Maybe thats why. They don't do a beverage service.
Don't know what to tell ya, wasn't there! Maybe they were just lazy and Moooooney hungry! :lol: It's over, try to let it go....

I certainly hope we do not have to do that out West. If so, anyone who flies with me can have it!
That's cool. The beauty of this program is that it is optional. If you don't want to participate, you do not have to! :up:

Back