TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
ThirdSeatHero said:

Readings not one of your strong points either - add in TWA, CAL, and the rest of the IAMs former haunts and their percentage is worse than 85%

Oh and, yes. A rough estimate is fine for exposing the obvious in this case.

And its your willful ignorance on the issue that's pretty ridiculous

Carry on

OK. So take your word for it? Copy.

MetalMover said:
Having lived under the TWU regime, I would welcome ANY other union.....Mechanics have not fared too well under them.. SO many of us seek AMFA as an alternative to the union where we find ourselves a minority and our bests interests NOT served. Throughout my tenure at AA, mechanics were a minority when we negotiated with fleet service...then when we finally got our own locals, the TWU used Tulsa to once again make the line mechanics a minority once again.
Let's start with the fact that both YOU and I have no say whatsoever in International appointments and their outrageous salaries. Try having one of them removed.
Many of us who want AMFA want a mechanics union so they don't have to get distracted by other work groups..Let each work group fend for themsleves.
Once again the TWU has  a majority of fleet service in international positions..Once again we are a minority with minority representation.
So I will take my chances with AMFA if need be. Should they one day become our bargaining agent and they fail to represent us appropriately, we can boot them as well.
So to answer your question, I will be willing to take my chance with AMFA simply because of my experience under the TWU. 
And yes, those of us who want AMFA do so because the TWU has been BAD for mechanics. They started the concession bandwagon way before bankruptcy. they started in 1983 by giving mechanics' work away. They agreed to the B scale and subsequently the C scale. They have negotiated based on fear by telling the base that more and more jobs will be lost if they didn't vote on this contract, then that contract, then that one....It goes on and on....As far as the AMFA drive, they seem to be winning the war by instilling more fear into TUL by telling them if they vote for AMFA, there will be no more OH whatsoever...
TUL alone lost more than half its workforce compared to its peak....
The list goes on and on.

Well, at least you give better reasons than most and you admit that going to AMFA is not a matter of absolute recovery, but just a break from what you've experienced. It is a bit refreshing to read your post since most that want a change can't articulate it as you have. Good luck, but looks like you're stuck with the TWU.

NYer said:

That type of deflection usually comes from those that can't defend their position.
How rich... :p
I asked you a specific question that you did not answer and you accuse me of deflection... LOL
My position here is well known from back in 2000 til now.
It hasn't changed or 'waffled' back and forth as you industrial unionists do.
B) xUT

MetalMover said:
Having lived under the TWU regime, I would welcome ANY other union.....Mechanics have not fared too well under them.. SO many of us seek AMFA as an alternative to the union where we find ourselves a minority and our bests interests NOT served. Throughout my tenure at AA, mechanics were a minority when we negotiated with fleet service...then when we finally got our own locals, the TWU used Tulsa to once again make the line mechanics a minority once again.
Let's start with the fact that both YOU and I have no say whatsoever in International appointments and their outrageous salaries. Try having one of them removed.
Many of us who want AMFA want a mechanics union so they don't have to get distracted by other work groups..Let each work group fend for themsleves.
Once again the TWU has  a majority of fleet service in international positions..Once again we are a minority with minority representation.
So I will take my chances with AMFA if need be. Should they one day become our bargaining agent and they fail to represent us appropriately, we can boot them as well.
So to answer your question, I will be willing to take my chance with AMFA simply because of my experience under the TWU. 
And yes, those of us who want AMFA do so because the TWU has been BAD for mechanics. They started the concession bandwagon way before bankruptcy. they started in 1983 by giving mechanics' work away. They agreed to the B scale and subsequently the C scale. They have negotiated based on fear by telling the base that more and more jobs will be lost if they didn't vote on this contract, then that contract, then that one....It goes on and on....As far as the AMFA drive, they seem to be winning the war by instilling more fear into TUL by telling them if they vote for AMFA, there will be no more OH whatsoever...
TUL alone lost more than half its workforce compared to its peak....
The list goes on and on.
Amen brother, Amen...

"On January 12, 2015, the TWU filed an application for single carrier status determination with the National Mediation Board (NMB) to represent all dispatchers, flight crew training instructors and simulator technicians at the new American."

NYer said:
"On January 12, 2015, the TWU filed an application for single carrier status determination with the National Mediation Board (NMB) to represent all dispatchers, flight crew training instructors and simulator technicians at the new American."
Of course, a much smaller group with vastly separate contracts.

NYer said:
Yes. And can only hope the mechanics of AA can do the same.  All 3 of these groups are represented by the same union the mechanics have the all too famous industry loosing TWU.  Fire them guys, good God, just fire them.  Other groups are sick and tired of them to.  The time is now, and more than likely will never return again once this association is allowed to get in.  Open your eyes ladies and gentlemen, get a clue, wake up, when is enough, enough???

swamt said:
Yes. And can only hope the mechanics of AA can do the same.  All 3 of these groups are represented by the same union the mechanics have the all too famous industry loosing TWU.  Fire them guys, good God, just fire them.  Other groups are sick and tired of them to.  The time is now, and more than likely will never return again once this association is allowed to get in.  Open your eyes ladies and gentlemen, get a clue, wake up, when is enough, enough???

The difference is those guys went out and did it. They got the cards, they submitted them to the NMB and are waiting like the rest of us.

On the other hand, the other groups that are "sick and tired of them to," haven't worked hard enough to make that happen. They complain, and if there was prize for that they'd win...but it's just talk. Look, we've been waiting for several months to get a determination from the NMB and there doesn't seem to be too much of a movement to get any cards signed. Time is a wasting....stop complaining and start getting those cards signed, force your choice on the ballot.

But noooooooooooooooooooo, it's just complain, complain, complain....no action.

NYer said:

The difference is those guys went out and did it. They got the cards, they submitted them to the NMB and are waiting like the rest of us.

On the other hand, the other groups that are "sick and tired of them to," haven't worked hard enough to make that happen. They complain, and if there was prize for that they'd win...but it's just talk. Look, we've been waiting for several months to get a determination from the NMB and there doesn't seem to be too much of a movement to get any cards signed. Time is a wasting....stop complaining and start getting those cards signed, force your choice on the ballot.

Did the other 3 groups already have their respective STS determinations?

Perhaps the answer is just that simple, why NOT take all the time allowed? By Rule, once STS is determined, there is a 30 day window to submit cards, add to it the TWU & IAM seem to be doing their best to piss all over one and other, if I were an AA mechanic looking for AMFA, I say let it play. As an outsider I know the alliance shenanigans are getting cards signed.

Of all the posters here, you seem to be the one in the biggest hurry concerning the mechanics, and as I recall, you aren't one.

NYer said:

NYer, you will be surprised in the end, trust me.  The cards will pick up after the NMB announcement. I am not saying AMFA is a shoe in, but you will be surprised at what takes place soon...

Back