TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
NYer said:

If so many are disenchanted then it should be very easy to get AMFA or anyone else on the ballot. There are three Title groups that achieved that in a matter of weeks and although they are very small groups, the AMFA drive has been 52 years in the making.

And it's a grassroots campaign, which means the National boys aren't really very engaged in the whole process. If they were a bit more pro-active in those mess then maybe you'd the numbers you need.

See. the key might be to get those that want AMFA instead of concentrating on those that don't want the TWU. Those are two very different set of folks. Food for thought.
The three title groups you speak of don't have a TULSA.
Let's see what happens moving forward since it appears the AA/TWU marriage looks like it's disolving, as in the 591 officers going back to the floor. This is just the beginning. 

WeAAsles said:
Decade's? Wow. Wouldn't that be considered an obsessive compulsion. No slight meant.
Yes decades. Even before the 1983 "give away" contract, mechanics needs were not be served well thanks to the TWU. I have said in a few posts why that it is. And until the TWU changes its attitude towards how they feel towards mechanics, I will dislike them and not change my attitude towards them. 
However, now that the company no longer seems to be interested in sweetheart deals with them, the members will see the TWU's true colors.

MetalMover said:
The three title groups you speak of don't have a TULSA.
Let's see what happens moving forward since it appears the AA/TWU marriage looks like it's disolving, as in the 591 officers going back to the floor. This is just the beginning. 

In your mind, which of those two are worse for you?

TWU informer said:

In your mind, which of those two are worse for you?
The TWU officers going back to the floor is a good thing.....too bad this was short lived....I heard that they will go back to business as usual but get paid by the union, not the company.
As for the marriage dissolving, I think that too is a good thing. However they still need to have somewhat of a relationship in order to exist in a labor/management world. Amicable divorce should define it.

So to answer your question, neither is worse. They are both good moves.

Nmb board members:
Harry Hollander. 202-692-5000
Lindavpuchala. 202-692-5000
Nicholas Gale. 202-692-5000

Confidential assistants
robin stein. 202-692-5024
Libby angelopoulis 202-692-5020
Shawn packer. 202-692-5017

Time to call for an answer?

dfw gen said:
Nmb board members:
Harry Hollander. 202-692-5000
Lindavpuchala. 202-692-5000
Nicholas Gale. 202-692-5000

Confidential assistants
robin stein. 202-692-5024
Libby angelopoulis 202-692-5020
Shawn packer. 202-692-5017

Time to call for an answer?
Yes call the NMB guys.  They will answer your questions.  The more pressure, the better results. The more involvement you guys do the better results you will get...

The IAM and TWU have released a letter that they are preparing for negotiations and there is a webpage for the members of mechanic and related to submit proposals. Will post the information later.

700UW said:
The IAM and TWU have released a letter that they are preparing for negotiations and there is a webpage for the members of mechanic and related to submit proposals. Will post the information later.
...and Fleet?

"This long awaited declaration by the NMB"  Anybody else notice how both of these turd unions avoids the fact that they think so little of you, the membership, that you are not entitled to vote your preferred union?  This is more of the same deception we the members don't need.  The old "pay not attention to the man behind the curtains" routine.  "Nothing to see here, move along".  Then segue on to the tried and true mantras of how these two dues collection agencies will fight to achieve industry leading contracts for the membership.  What a freaking joke!

mike33 said:

I would hope that as our Rep they would know something " Before" we do !
Point missed...let me try again. So, they put out a letter stating as an organization they are in preps for negotiating a new contract. Written as though the NMB has ruled that they are a team and there will be no membership vote on whether they (membership) want any part of the "Association". That was my partial interpretation anyway.

And yes, we all know our Reps know things "Before" we do. Hell, sometimes that never relay it!  B)

Vortilon said:
"This long awaited declaration by the NMB"  Anybody else notice how both of these turd unions avoids the fact that they think so little of you, the membership, that you are not entitled to vote your preferred union?  This is more of the same deception we the members don't need.  The old "pay not attention to the man behind the curtains" routine.  "Nothing to see here, move along".  Then segue on to the tried and true mantras of how these two dues collection agencies will fight to achieve industry leading contracts for the membership.  What a freaking joke!
AMFA is done.... Thanks for participatng

AANOTOK said:
Point missed...let me try again. So, they put out a letter stating as an organization they are in preps for negotiating a new contract. Written as though the NMB has ruled that they are a team and there will be no membership vote on whether they (membership) want any part of the "Association". That was my partial interpretation anyway.

And yes, we all know our Reps know things "Before" we do. Hell, sometimes that never relay it!  B)

Stay tuned...coming your way.

Back