TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
ThirdSeatHero said:
Did the other 3 groups already have their respective STS determinations?

Perhaps the answer is just that simple, why NOT take all the time allowed? By Rule, once STS is determined, there is a 30 day window to submit cards, add to it the TWU & IAM seem to be doing their best to piss all over one and other, if I were an AA mechanic looking for AMFA, I say let it play. As an outsider I know the alliance shenanigans are getting cards signed.

Of all the posters here, you seem to be the one in the biggest hurry concerning the mechanics, and as I recall, you aren't one.
If someone doesn't support the AMFA movenent, their bad. If someone encourages the collection of cards, that's bad too. Seems line you guys are running out of people not to like.

swamt said:
NYer, you will be surprised in the end, trust me.  The cards will pick up after the NMB announcement. I am not saying AMFA is a shoe in, but you will be surprised at what takes place soon...
Why in the world would you guys wait until you only have 30 days to collect cards? If the majority wants the move shouldn't you be using all this to ensure you have enough cards.

You guys aren't acting like you really want this.

NYer said:
If someone doesn't support the AMFA movenent, their bad. If someone encourages the collection of cards, that's bad too. Seems line you guys are running out of people not to like.
That's not what he said 'at all'.
I know you have better reading skills than that so you are just twisting it around to fit your narrative.

NYer said:
Why in the world would you guys wait until you only have 30 days to collect cards? If the majority wants the move shouldn't you be using all this to ensure you have enough cards.

TUL is the problem, not the line when it comes to collecting cards. Once again they are succumbing to the fear tactics by the TWU that should AMFA get in, that the line will gain at the expense of OH. 
This has been the TWU's play book over and over again. Not just t keep AMFA out, but to force feed TUL favored contracts over the line mechs. Even though TUL is just about a minority now or damn close to it compared to the line, their refusal to sign AMFA cards does have an impact. But the days of gretting contracts geared towards them because of a "roll cal" threat have come to an end.

So, NYer, when you say "you guys" you need to differntiate and say "you LINE guys" want change and say "you BASE guys" don't want change!

MetalMover said:
Once again they are succumbing to the fear tactics by the TWU that should AMFA get in, that the line will gain at the expense of OH. 

This has been the TWU's play book over and over again. Not just t keep AMFA out, but to force feed TUL favored contracts over the line mechs. 

You want to think about what your saying?

xUT said:
That's not what he said 'at all'.
I know you have better reading skills than that so you are just twisting it around to fit your narrative.
agenda: a plan or goal that guides someone's behavior and that is often kept secret

MetalMover said:
TUL is the problem, not the line when it comes to collecting cards. Once again they are succumbing to the fear tactics by the TWU that should AMFA get in, that the line will gain at the expense of OH. 
This has been the TWU's play book over and over again. Not just t keep AMFA out, but to force feed TUL favored contracts over the line mechs. Even though TUL is just about a minority now or damn close to it compared to the line, their refusal to sign AMFA cards does have an impact. But the days of gretting contracts geared towards them because of a "roll cal" threat have come to an end.

So, NYer, when you say "you guys" you need to differntiate and say "you LINE guys" want change and say "you BASE guys" don't want change!

Excuses. If you really want to change you'd be getting cards and you've had MONTHS to get enough cards to submit to the NMB. It doesn't take long to get a piece of paper signed, ESPECIALLY is there is so much support for the change as it is claimed.

If the Line guys are as steadfast as claimed on these pages then you need a small minority of the TUL guys to have enough. It just doesn't seem this AMFA thing is real because there is no movement.

And to wait until the 30 days are up to them get cards signed? That doesn't make sense.

Tell me this. If the Association is approved for a vote by the NMB, would the AMFA supporters need 50% of the TWU guys or 50% of the entire mechanic body of AAL and USL? If you get the cards signed now, do you need 50% of just the TWU or 50% of the total?

NYer said:
Most are not giving you the straight forward answers because they believe you are not being honest about your recent support for the AMFA card drive.

NYer said:

They have been collecting cards, they are still collecting cards, they are not waiting to the last 30 days as you claim.  What will happen in these 30 days is the card collection will pick up dramatically once the NMB makes the announcement and there is an election.  They are right at the numbers they need, but the 30 days will bring them over the top.  The only reason the organizers have quietened up is due to the past couple of sabbatages done by the teamsters and the TWU during AMFA's efforts to get in.  Let's all just sit back amd wait for the NMB and see what happens when all this is said and done.  Trust me, I really do hope there is a vote for this alliance crap, because I really think this will be the last time AMFA will get a chance to get on the ballot or at least have the option to be written in on the ballot.  Good luck to all...

NYer said:

Excuses. If you really want to change you'd be getting cards and you've had MONTHS to get enough cards to submit to the NMB. It doesn't take long to get a piece of paper signed, ESPECIALLY is there is so much support for the change as it is claimed.

If the Line guys are as steadfast as claimed on these pages then you need a small minority of the TUL guys to have enough. It just doesn't seem this AMFA thing is real because there is no movement.

And to wait until the 30 days are up to them get cards signed? That doesn't make sense.

Tell me this. If the Association is approved for a vote by the NMB, would the AMFA supporters need 50% of the TWU guys or 50% of the entire mechanic body of AAL and USL? If you get the cards signed now, do you need 50% of just the TWU or 50% of the total?
50% plus one vote of the combined mechanic groups at both AA and US.  Again they are not waiting until the last 30 days.  This is just when it will all pick up steam once the membership finds out they are being forced into this alliance crap.  Stay tuned for the outcome NYer...

swamt said:
Most are not giving you the straight forward answers because they believe you are not being honest about your recent support for the AMFA card drive.

They have been collecting cards, they are still collecting cards, they are not waiting to the last 30 days as you claim.  What will happen in these 30 days is the card collection will pick up dramatically once the NMB makes the announcement and there is an election.  They are right at the numbers they need, but the 30 days will bring them over the top.  The only reason the organizers have quietened up is due to the past couple of sabbatages done by the teamsters and the TWU during AMFA's efforts to get in.  Let's all just sit back amd wait for the NMB and see what happens when all this is said and done.  Trust me, I really do hope there is a vote for this alliance crap, because I really think this will be the last time AMFA will get a chance to get on the ballot or at least have the option to be written in on the ballot.  Good luck to all...

Agreed.

swamt said:
50% plus one vote of the combined mechanic groups at both AA and US.  Again they are not waiting until the last 30 days.  This is just when it will all pick up steam once the membership finds out they are being forced into this alliance crap.  Stay tuned for the outcome NYer...

So this 52 year campaign to change over to AMFA still needs more of a push to get enough cards. This time it will the Association being approved by the NMB...That's the trigger. OK.

Good luck to you. Fingers crossed.

NYer said:

So this 52 year campaign to change over to AMFA still needs more of a push to get enough cards. This time it will the Association being approved by the NMB...That's the trigger. OK.

Good luck to you. Fingers crossed.
If it's forced on the members then yes, that would be the trigger.  If there is a vote then I do believe the members will see it as a last chance to get rid of the TWU and get them replaced by getting AMFA on the ballot.  I really do hope you guys at least get a chance to vote AMFA in, if they fail to get AMFA in this time then I don't think AMFA will get another chance like this one again, just my opinion...

NYer said:

Excuses? No..Facts.......I am sure there are those in TUL who want change just as there are those on the line who do not want AMFA...You forget that we did almost get AMFA had the union and the company NOT been able to get dead and retired mechanics voting rights. The AMFA drive has never been easy.  And to be perfectly honest, I am growing tired of waiting for AMFA to file. Been waiting for decades.
Having said that, I will not give up my desire to rid my self of the TWU as long as they continue business as usual. Unless they fundamentally change they way they negotiate and represent mechanics, many of us will never be content with the TWU as our bargaining agent.

To answer your question, I would say that any change of representation will require 50% + 1 of the combined AA/US mechanics once SOC is in effect. 

MetalMover said:
Excuses? No..Facts.......I am sure there are those in TUL who want change just as there are those on the line who do not want AMFA...You forget that we did almost get AMFA had the union and the company NOT been able to get dead and retired mechanics voting rights. The AMFA drive has never been easy.  And to be perfectly honest, I am growing tired of waiting for AMFA to file. Been waiting for decades.
Having said that, I will not give up my desire to rid my self of the TWU as long as they continue business as usual. Unless they fundamentally change they way they negotiate and represent mechanics, many of us will never be content with the TWU as our bargaining agent.

To answer your question, I would say that any change of representation will require 50% + 1 of the combined AA/US mechanics once SOC is in effect.
Decade's? Wow. Wouldn't that be considered an obsessive compulsion. No slight meant.

MetalMover said:

If so many are disenchanted then it should be very easy to get AMFA or anyone else on the ballot. There are three Title groups that achieved that in a matter of weeks and although they are very small groups, the AMFA drive has been 52 years in the making.

And it's a grassroots campaign, which means the National boys aren't really very engaged in the whole process. If they were a bit more pro-active in those mess then maybe you'd the numbers you need.

See. the key might be to get those that want AMFA instead of concentrating on those that don't want the TWU. Those are two very different set of folks. Food for thought.

Back