TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

http://aviationblog....ew-equity.html/

Q(5): What will happen to APA's 13.5 percent equity stake if other unions receive a larger share?

A: APA's 13.5 percent equity stake is "dilution protected" from any claims given to APFA, TWU or any other unsecured creditor.

We do not expect that APFA or TWU will receive larger equity stakes than APA's 13.5 percent equity stake. On the contrary, based on the relative economics of the various collective bargaining agreements, we expect their ultimate claims or equity shares will be much smaller than APA's.

But yet the combined TWU concessions will be larger than the APA's in dollars conceded. Looks to me that the mechanics alone better get close to 8%.

More on the APA equity stake..
https://public.alliedpilots.org/apa/AboutAPA/APAPublicNews/tabid/843/ctl/ArticleView/mid/1983/articleId/1483/Q-A-regarding-the-135-equity-stake.aspx

Yea and in 1995 all the mechanic's at CAL were at will employee's because they had been abandoned by the IAM back in the day, so you lowered our union contract to compete with the non-union rates. and called it representation.It was just about that time that AMFA filed the cards and started the process of reorganizing CAL they did not get a election because the NMB said they did not have enough cards{stole it from them} but at least it set the bar and unfortunately they ended up with the Teamsters but that is another story.
And this is where you lose your argument. AA is a business and if it keeps raising its operating costs while others lower theirs, AA is now at a competitive disadvantage. That was the situation then and that is the situation now. All the competition lowered their costs through outsourcing, new work rules, and restructured contracts in BK. Now AA is playing catch up with them. They all had 8 some odd years to improve their operations and cut costs while we bickered. Now you are pissed at the situation we are in and blame the TWU.

Yes it is good that the IBT came in at CO because they stopped the pull to the bottom.

And this is where you lose your argument. AA is a business and if it keeps raising its operating costs while others lower theirs, AA is now at a competitive disadvantage. That was the situation then and that is the situation now. All the competition lowered their costs through outsourcing, new work rules, and restructured contracts in BK. Now AA is playing catch up with them. They all had 8 some odd years to improve their operations and cut costs while we bickered. Now you are pissed at the situation we are in and blame the TWU.

Yes it is good that the IBT came in at CO because they stopped the pull to the bottom.

You complain that we blame the TWU.
It was the TWU that decided that we give up 17.5% in pay, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and work rules to save 10,000 jobs and our maintenance bases.

You might be able to get away with the arguement that the 2010 T/A was better than our current demise, but you will never be able to argue that the 2003 concessions resulted in intended outcome.

You make a good "company man" argument. If you are a union man, you are pathetic.

You complain that we blame the TWU.
It was the TWU that decided that we give up 17.5% in pay, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and work rules to save 10,000 jobs and our maintenance bases.

You might be able to get away with the arguement that the 2010 T/A was better than our current demise, but you will never be able to argue that the 2003 concessions resulted in intended outcome.
I did not support the type of concessions we took in 2003 but I was not at the table.

I did not support the type of concessions we took in 2003 but I was not at the table.

What does WHO was at the table matter?
The fact is that 2003 concessions for jobs was a failed experiment that while we still as of today live under those terms, we did not save jobs, did nothing for this profession, and actually has landed in this debacle.

I look forward to the day that we reach concensus that we need to change unions and that another industrial union is not the answer.

We have it within ourselves to come together in a common cause of advancement, but we allow institutional politics to get in the way of the right path for that advancement. Damn sad, and miserable life is all this type of activity leads too, but yet we all stake our positions and sides, while believing that our way is the only way, and then we all gain nothing.

I feel ignorant, unwanted, and miserable this evening, and belonging to such a sad and unlead group makes me wonder what do we really have to look forward too?

There are a group of leaders in Tulsa fully capable of taking us down the path of correction, but the institutional politics keeps us all on different paths and directions.

Why?

Yet you continually support the source that has produced such results over the years. My guess is that you vote as the TWU tells you to, yet practice those items practiced by conservatives. Do you ever make decisions yourself?

Another APA link

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/07/apa-board-member-heres-why-pilots-should-vote-down-american-airlines-contract.html/

Yet you continually support the source that has produced such results over the years. My guess is that you vote as the TWU tells you to, yet practice those items practiced by conservatives. Do you ever make decisions yourself?

Another APA link

http://aviationblog....-contract.html/

I think that sometimes, because many are hiding behind alias users, that we do not really even know who we are attacking and claiming they are the problem.

I have no idea, but I suspect that if we could all have open and honest debate with our true identities known, and we were not defending one of the competing unions, but instead looking to advance our profession we would be better off.

Seems the Pilots are able to debate serious issues, and then reach an outcome of direction, we are all too busy slamming each other and making things worse for ourselves.

Not you specifcally on this Buck, I am speaking in general terms.

Still want to vote YES???

Financial results for second quarter of 2012 are out.
$6.5 Billion in Quarterly Revenue, Highest in Company History
Net Profit of $95 Million, Excluding Reorganization and Special Items, a $381 Million Improvement Over a Year Ago
Net Loss of $241 Million; Operating Income of $142 Million

Cash Position
AMR ended the second quarter with approximately $5.8 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted cash balance of $772 million, compared to a balance of approximately $5.6 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted balance of approximately $457 million, at the end of the second quarter of 2011.
At Nov. 30, 2011, the company had approximately $4.8 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted cash balance of $693 million.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amr-corporation-reports-second-quarter-110000368.html

This is with our contracts in place. No concessions given yet. We are being played for fools by our own union. Do not believe the fear tactics. AA is making money and lots of it. VOTE NO!! Lets get a real contract in place.

Hey buddy wake up.

The mechanics don't need the TWU, but the TWU needs the mechanics......

You should've seen the TWU big wig GLESS at Al "Blackie" Blackman's 70 year celebration yesterday..
He was up there on that podium looking as if he was worth every bit of his $183000 a year salary.

where is the 100 million from baggage fees?

This article says alot if you read the whole thing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amr-corporation-reports-second-quarter-110000368.html

$6.5 Billion in Quarterly Revenue, Highest in Company History Net Profit of $95 Million,
Excluding Reorganization and Special Items, a $381 Million Improvement Over a Year
Ago Net Loss of $241 Million; Operating Income of $142 Million

Cash Position
AMR ended the second quarter with approximately $5.8 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted cash balance of $772 million, compared to a balance of approximately $5.6 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted balance of approximately $457 million, at the end of the second quarter of 2011.

At Nov. 30, 2011, the company had approximately $4.8 billion in cash and short-term investments, including a restricted cash balance of $693 million.
AA is making money and lots of it. We have not even given into their ridiculous demands. So why do we have to agree to their draconian demands?
--
AA-Bankruptcy.png

where is the 100 million from baggage fees?

This article says alot if you read the whole thing.

$6.5 Billion in Quarterly Revenue, Highest in Company History Net Profit of $95 Million,
Excluding Reorganization and Special Items, a $381 Million Improvement Over a Year
Ago Net Loss of $241 Million; Operating Income of $142 Million

Cash Position

AA is making money and lots of it. We have not even given into their ridiculous demands. So why do we have to agree to their draconian demands?
--
AA-Bankruptcy.png

Maybe AA is making more money than they are claiming.
Only problem is that it is speculation until someone can prove it.
But in the meantime I seen enough of what the company and our union are telling us.
That does not add up to what is really happening.

All you YES voters are being taken for a ride. Better yet we are all being taken for a ride. VOTE NO and stop the bus ride.

Back