TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Group of American Airlines pilots object to electronic voting on contract.
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/07/group-of-american-airlines-pilots-object-to-electronic-voting-on-contract.html/

No suprise there, you have claimed all the others would pass also.

Yes I have..And I was pleased each time I was proven wrong.
Just because I thought they would pass, it never meant that was my feelings.

Isn't it better that the opposite of my predictions happen?

Well my shop steward ask in the special sales meeting at 514 about the stores folks getting 6 weeks vacation. Cirri said brother if you take the 3% raise and put it in the bank then you can take Christmas week off without pay and your money is in the bank. Ta da

Well my shop steward ask in the special sales meeting at 514 about the stores folks getting 6 weeks vacation. Cirri said brother if you take the 3% raise and put it in the bank then you can take Christmas week off without pay and your money is in the bank. Ta da

Good point.
I would imagine if the M&R group requested the 6th week vacation in lieu of a 3% raise, it would've been a done deal. But I wonder how many Stores members are CURRENTLY eleigible for the 6th week.

BTW, for those who are interested, I am a Licensed AMT and have been for 40 years. i am also a critic of AMFA and their clones because I've heard Delle's BS, and I'm not one of his kool-aid drinkers like you are. If the NWA AMFA strategy didn't teach you people anything, you guts are dumber than door knobs!

I would suggest then old timer, that you may suffer from dimentia and or alzheimers. You're not long for this job anyway. Yes you are a Kool-Aid drinker - TWU international/communist Kool-Aid. Time for you to retire gramps. Leave the union stuff to us better informed and educated guys. The days of mindlessly following the dues collection company known as the TWU are coming to an end.

That 3% raise won't be enough to cover the cost of the insurance premiums going up, and the higher cost for the rest of the coverages. Then god forbid, if obama care kicks in, we will taxed on the so called "Cadillac plan" that we have as well.

In 1994/1995 the Michael Boyd Aviation Consulting group did a report for the pilots in negotiations and in that report Boyd stated "the airlines were poised to make record profits over the next several years"

Check the date – September 1995 - Read Boyd's comment - not quite the euphoric outlook for the industry at the time.

Airline unions hammered

By Lee Sustar | September 23, 2005

Excerpt:

| THE BANKRUPTCY filings by airlines Delta and Northwest September 14 signal yet another wave of attacks on unions that have surrendered tens of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in concessions since 2001.

The carriers are expected to follow the example of United Airlines and US Airways in using Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings to slash costs--for example, dumping pensions into a government insurance fund, slashing jobs and ramming through wage and benefit cuts.
US Airways has cut the number of jobs from 44,684 in 2001 to 22,460 today--and will soon merge with America West to create a low-cost, low-wage carrier. United has used bankruptcy to eliminate 42,253 jobs since 2001, about 44 percent of the total, as the company grabbed $3.5 billion in labor concessions.

Now Delta and Northwest--which already obtained givebacks in order to avoid bankruptcy--are prepared to use the courts to accelerate their own cost cutting. "The big thing you can do in Chapter 11 is stiff your creditors and get rid of all the airplanes you don't want and force employees to accept givebacks," said Michael Roach, former president of America West airlines and now an industry consultant.
While high fuel costs were blamed for triggering the bankruptcies, the underlying cause is the irrational economics of industry deregulation and the overcapacity in the industry that developed in the late 1990s.

Yet there's no sign that Northwest's bankruptcy proceeding will lead to solidarity with AMFA strikers. Instead, the company is trying to shut the mechanics' union out of bankruptcy proceedings, claiming that they no longer have a contract and have "no forum" in court. AMFA, which is not affiliated with the AFL-CIO, remains isolated in the labor movement.

At Delta, management has to contend with only one major unionized group of workers--the pilots--and will use bankruptcy to club them into making concessions. "Pilots will have to do it or learn how to say 'Welcome to Wal-Mart,'" Mike Boyd, an airline industry consultant, told a reporter.

In spite of your foggy memory, In the 1995 Negotiations Job Security was a primary concern in Tulsa and the System

That is not incorrect. Did you work in the shops or the docks? The engine and support shops never got two licenses slick.

Your implication was that "CO OH AMTs were only paid for 1 lic"(to that effect)....which is flat ass not true. You never stated whether support shops or docks. I can attest to CO AMTs being paid for BOTH tickets on the dock, and I also know there were AMTs in the eng shops as well as int trim shops that got paid for both tickets(I was one of them for a while).
Are their mechs there that get paid for only 1 lic- sure. Do you they have unlic mechs on payroll??...sure they do-like vurtually every carrier.

I realize it's your area of expertise to deceive & spin in an effort to defend the indefensable, worst union in the airline industry, but I worked at CO, and still keep in touch w mechs there. I know the truth and will call your lying ass out everytime.

That 3% raise won't be enough to cover the cost of the insurance premiums going up, and the higher cost for the rest of the coverages. Then god forbid, if obama care kicks in, we will taxed on the so called "Cadillac plan" that we have as well.

On the subject of health insurance plan coverage, you guys better watch yourselves on that....
I had THE SAME cardiovascular tests run back in 08 (as a salaried scheduler-coulda been a better plan than hourly?)and while I dont recall the number I had to pay out of pocket, it wasn't much(at all). Well, before I left, had the same tests conducted, and I am stuck with $1475 BUCKS OF OUT OF POCKET BILLS!! Amounted to basically an 80/20 coverage.
I could NOT believe my eyes when I opened that statement.

WATCH the healthcare coverage costs by AMR. It's a HUGE hedge for recovering raises given to you guys.

That is not incorrect. Did you work in the shops or the docks? The engine and support shops never got two licenses slick.
You are incorrect "Slick" I hired in in 85 (in the hangar) and ALL AMTs got both licenses paid. At the time the support shops were loaded with A scalers and there was no way Ed Wilson would have taken money from them. Instead the next contract (89)grandfathered the A scalers in and they kept thier license pay while all us B scalers in the shops got one. The biggest problem with the TWU backers is their lack of memory when it comes to the give backs and the hosing of certain groups of AMTs. I got something I'll bet you forgot..... "An Injustice to one is and Injustice to All!" Remember that t-shirt? I guess that didn't apply to AMTs.

Don't worry your contribution can only go up 18% in 2013 19% in 2014 and 20% in 2015 20% in 2016 and only 21% each year after that. You don't think they will go up that much do you? (Sarcasm)

Back