TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Yeah! Tell that to the people over at NW... Oh wait.... You did....
From your answer you must have talked to people at Northwest? Or are you speaking from third or fourth hand info? Before you criticize get your facts. Here is a novel idea, talk to a AMFA rep and get answers to your questions. The TWU kool aid is clouding your judgement

Not to get involved in your contract dispute. But, the only way you guys can stop this sideways negotiations is to control your own destiny and have the negotiators directly tied to what is being negotiated.

The ONLY way to achieve it is to get AMFA on AA property, this will give you guys the tools to help yourselves, in turn help us at UA and every other A&P. I have been represented by the iam and teamsters, and from what I understand of the twu, you will not have control in any of them.

See! Even if we wanted, we can't get AMFA to represent us before this vote is taken and I can't get a response to any of the questions posed to those that advocate a No. It's just rhetoric about how one union is better than the other. Maybe! But how does that help me make a decision TODAY.

It just seems some are using this as an opportunity to campaign for something THEY may want, without really sharing with anyone how this helps me today and how can we minimize the damage before that other step MIGHT even take place. That disregard to the answer to the simple question leads me to realize those that advocate a No are only being selfish in the responses because they are trying to gain what THEY want.

Its a simple question that isn't answered. The "Solution" you advocate will not come before there is a vote here. Given that we have to either chose the TA or Abrogation, what is the advantage to voting NO? Please, don't give me the political stuff about craft and our Union not being worthy. Those are items for another day. At the moment we have a decision that has two real and immediate consequence.

How are we going to recover from an abrogation and how long will that recovery take place? If I vote no, lose the pay raises and everything else associated with the Tentative Agreement, how and when can we expect to recover those losses? A year, two years, four years?

We've been told to Vote No for the last 4 or 5 years, but there has been no progress and there doesn't seem to be plan to gain that progress. Lots of words, lots of finger pointing, lots of testosterone, lots of ager...but few solutions.
3% thats it 3% a year,there is nothing else thats the problem !As soon as AA exits B/K
they are in the best position of all the majors.They've had the best performance for the last 3 months.
The money tree is loaded except when it comes to the employees.I've already given my 1/4 million to the corporate welfare trough.

In today's USA Today Parker is taking his fight public. He is quoted as saying he wants the merger now. If we give the company this contract we are putting money in their pocket. The company's team is quoted as saying they are done with this. I say we are done with them. With no contract the creditors will move for a merger, lessening the money they will going out the door with. I say we will wait for Parker and his boys. Will it be any better? It just won't be this group of pocket pickers.

See! Even if we wanted, we can't get AMFA to represent us before this vote is taken and I can't get a response to any of the questions posed to those that advocate a No. It's just rhetoric about how one union is better than the other. Maybe! But how does that help me make a decision TODAY.

It just seems some are using this as an opportunity to campaign for something THEY may want, without really sharing with anyone how this helps me today and how can we minimize the damage before that other step MIGHT even take place. That disregard to the answer to the simple question leads me to realize those that advocate a No are only being selfish in the responses because they are trying to gain what THEY want.
What is what they want? To be paid at least close to what the TWU secretary makes,that would be a start.

3% signing bonus or 3% raise DOS, either way a TWU Local 514 representative has stated that the 3% is our "me too" clause.

Just vote no.

I'm voting YES and the reason is Its not worth going before the judge. Its time to realize the TWU has sold the AMT's out once again. They know their days and dues are numbered so they would rather fight like hell for the other groups! Time to vote them out and move on. As long as they are representing us were screwed

I'm voting YES and the reason is Its not worth going before the judge. Its time to realize the TWU has sold the AMT's out once again. They know their days and dues are numbered so they would rather fight like hell for the other groups! Time to vote them out and move on. As long as they are representing us were screwed
I see your reasoning but I've decide I'd rather stand with the Pilots and F/As.This company has a very experienced workforce and we've given enough.Vote No Just throwing a wrench into upper managments plans of a clean B/K exit and a big multi million dollar payday will satisfy me.

They bring them into the fold as AA birds then by the purpose of our contract they would become our work subject to the provisions of our CBA....

What CBA? Do you know what is in it??

Mullings hasn't seen the details and doesn't know exactly how many Tulsa jobs will be saved ??????

Well it is not like you are being offer a plea bargain and are facing the death sentence.

The judge might abbrogate your agreement, but negotiations would then continue, even the Judge himself has said so. We can get new representation and then begin to turn this profession back into something worth having your children go into.

You can agree to a 6 year crap agreement, or have one imposed and negotiations will resume.

NOBDOY can tell you for sure what will happen in those negotiations, but voting yes you are guaranteed to be locked into 6 more years of TWU crap on a stick.

NYer,

I would say the way to "get without moving back further?" is to have people that are directly tide to the contracts that are brought back for a membership vote. Having accountability and transparency in a craft union will help our profession. It's as easy as that. The fear and doom lovers like hss, anamoly, etc. like to insinuate that AMFA can't do all this though they prefer to promote an industrial union that does not have accountability and transpaency and has prooven to be a great harm to our craft & profession.

No supporter of AMFA, myself included, has ever claimed that AMFA will undo the stain the twu has caused on our craft & class at AA over night. But at least with AMFA we have an opportunity to support a democratic, craft union that supports us because WE are the union.

GO AMFA!
Go ARSA! Way to hook up with the biggest lobbying group for undermining our craft Ken. With your affiliation with AMFA, AMP (AMFA in drag), and the ARSA you are singlehandedly doing more to destroying our profession than anybody.

Give the money back Ken and disavow yourself from the ARSA. You are a hypocrite and you speak without fact checking. Give the money back Ken!

Go ARSA! Way to hook up with the biggest lobbying group for undermining our craft Ken. With your affiliation with AMFA, AMP (AMFA in drag), and the ARSA you are singlehandedly doing more to destroying our profession than anybody.

Give the money back Ken and disavow yourself from the ARSA. You are a hypocrite and you speak without fact checking. Give the money back Ken!
I think the AMTs of AA think differently.We have been the leader of industry bottom of the barrel contracts for a decade now !

3% thats it 3% a year,there is nothing else thats the problem !As soon as AA exits B/K
they are in the best position of all the majors.They've had the best performance for the last 3 months.
The money tree is loaded except when it comes to the employees.I've already given my 1/4 million to the corporate welfare trough.
Read on brother. Early opener in 4 years after DOS. That means you get a 12% raise plus the wage adjustment to industry average and we can negotiate then. That will be after AA has started receiving the lions share of their new fleet. We should be in excellent position to get top wages at that time. AA will be well out of BK and yes, we should have the lowest maintenance costs due to our newer fleet.

Of course you could vote no, have the contract abrogated, try to negotiate while the NMB waits to set a date to start talks (which will be new negotiations which could take another 3 to 4 years), and have 1.5% per year until we get a new deal.

The Vote No Until We Get A Better Deal Strategy is killing us.

Read on brother. Early opener in 4 years after DOS. That means you get a 12% raise plus the wage adjustment to industry average and we can negotiate then. That will be after AA has started receiving the lions share of their new fleet. We should be in excellent position to get top wages at that time. AA will be well out of BK and yes, we should have the lowest maintenance costs due to our newer fleet.

Of course you could vote no, have the contract abrogated, try to negotiate while the NMB waits to set a date to start talks (which will be new negotiations which could take another 3 to 4 years), and have 1.5% per year until we get a new deal.

The Vote No Until We Get A Better Deal Strategy is killing us.
Blah Blah Blah,Oh ya 4 yrs later after this POS drags everyone else down Ya right!

Back