TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Anybody that sits down and reads the TWU/AA manifesto could only come to one realization !VOTE NO !

Dude, I hear all the TWU vs. AMFA vs. Teamstes rhetoric. The question is...if this is turned down, what is the real plan to get what those that advocate a Vote No? We've been voting No for YEARS, and it hasn't gotten any closer..it seems we keep going backwards. It's easy to blame Fleet, Stores, APA and everyone else...Bottom line, how do we get without moving back further?

And there it is. It's called reality. Some confuse this with fear. I guess I'm a realist. Nothing wrong with dreaming though. Sooner or later you guys will wake up...., maybe.
I guess the reality is, with the kind of representation we have we really don't need representation !No need to pay dues to be the BOTTOM FEEDERS OF THE INDUSTRY !No confusion just fact.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

With all the noise on this site coming from the one to two dozen AMFA clones, and their AMP & Vote No (AMFA in Drag) supporters, you would think they would realize they sound like a broken record. I guess the theory is just keep repeating the AMFA mantra, over and over and over!

History of a Democratic Union:

AMFA's major campaign slogan was that they would never negotiate concessions. They claimed to always have rank and file observers at negotiations. They claimed to be the most democratic.

None of these claims have stood up; during NWA on concession bargaining for example, AMFA members were never given an opportunity to vote on the 'Final and Best Offer' by NWA before the strike was called in August 2005 and 'rank and file observers' were barred from the recent negotiations with NWA on the tentative agreement.

I guess Delle just forgot how Democratic AMFA was?

Look who the cat dragged in, the resident commie loser, mechanic wannabe: Reality Chump. AKA TWU international parasite.

Keep repeating the AMFA mantra and you'll become a believer. That's how cults do it you know.

Another Chapter From the AMFA History Book

The Aircraft Mechanic Fraternal Association (AMFA) and Northwest Airlines (NWA) reached a tentative agreement on October 9, 2006, that, if approved by the membership, ends the 14-month strike. The deal includes NWA withdrawing all protests against strikers receiving unemployment benefits; offering vacation accrual with a maximum 10 weeks severance pay for resignations or, as an alternative for those strikers who elect to remain with the company with 2- year recall rights, vacation accrual with up to 5 weeks severance.

Since NWA shut the doors of its Minneapolis maintenance facility and contracted out janitorial and cabin cleaning jobs, few expect many of the 4400 original strikers to be recalled. All 800 mechanics who crossed picket lines, mostly AMFA members, will remain working and cannot be displaced by strikers according to the tentative agreement. It is a tragic end to a dismal chapter of failed AMFA leadership and strategy.

Most unions considered the strike ill conceived from the very beginning. AMFA had no strike fund and, reflecting its separatist philosophy of mechanics acting alone, went on strike while the Pilots, Flight Attendants and Machinists' Union were still negotiating under pressures of bankruptcy court proceedings. AMFA bolted ahead of all the other unions, characteristic of their often-stated mantra that "strength in numbers doesn't necessarily mean strength. " This was the wisdom offered by AMFA Assistant National Director Steve MacFarlane on the eve of the August 2005 strike. He couldn't have been more wrong.
[/background]

Everybody's costs, products, etc. and et al are either the highest, the best, yada yada - sounds like ads on a damned TV.

Everybody can't be the {whatever}est and it gags me to think these bastards believe we'll buy into their lies. Horton said we were the most expensive - maybe what's his face at Southwest needs to call him out on that.

Yeah. Right. As if.

ROTFLMFAO!! (with deference to High Speed Steel, the undisputed "lol" king).
He said labor rates

I guess the reality is, with the kind of representation we have we really don't need representation !No need to pay dues to be the BOTTOM FEEDERS OF THE INDUSTRY !No confusion just fact.
Better yet, lets just rid ourselves of the bottom feeders. Could you survive without a union? I could. I aint skeered. Are any of you?

This sounds like you Red, "...never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

This sounds like you Red, "...never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

With the TWU the public has been cooling off for 30 years

The TRUTH hurts !

You obviously have no idea how a business runs. The planes are mostly financed and can be repo'd if AA defaults. What is AA's annual fuel expense? How much of that $5B is tied up in covenants? Sorry man, life is not fair. Not happy about the way corporations run either but in the end the law favors them, not us.
This kind of truth Mr. Red?

This kind of truth Mr. Red?
Let them impose BOTTOM FEEDING,Nobody in their right mind voluteers to turn into a
sweatshop! Although I think sweatshops have better benefits.Its not over till theres a MUTUAL AGREEMENT
FOR MECHANICS !Negotiated by MECHANICS.

Dude, I hear all the TWU vs. AMFA vs. Teamstes rhetoric. The question is...if this is turned down, what is the real plan to get what those that advocate a Vote No? We've been voting No for YEARS, and it hasn't gotten any closer..it seems we keep going backwards. It's easy to blame Fleet, Stores, APA and everyone else...Bottom line, how do we get without moving back further?

NYer,

I would say the way to "get without moving back further?" is to have people that are directly tide to the contracts that are brought back for a membership vote. Having accountability and transparency in a craft union will help our profession. It's as easy as that. The fear and doom lovers like hss, anamoly, etc. like to insinuate that AMFA can't do all this though they prefer to promote an industrial union that does not have accountability and transpaency and has prooven to be a great harm to our craft & profession.

No supporter of AMFA, myself included, has ever claimed that AMFA will undo the stain the twu has caused on our craft & class at AA over night. But at least with AMFA we have an opportunity to support a democratic, craft union that supports us because WE are the union.

GO AMFA!

Not to get involved in your contract dispute. But, the only way you guys can stop this sideways negotiations is to control your own destiny and have the negotiators directly tied to what is being negotiated.

The ONLY way to achieve it is to get AMFA on AA property, this will give you guys the tools to help yourselves, in turn help us at UA and every other A&P. I have been represented by the iam and teamsters, and from what I understand of the twu, you will not have control in any of them.

NYer,

I would say the way to "get without moving back further?" is to have people that are directly tide to the contracts that are brought back for a membership vote. Having accountability and transparency in a craft union will help our profession. It's as easy as that. The fear and doom lovers like hss, anamoly, etc. like to insinuate that AMFA can't do all this though they prefer to promote an industrial union that does not have accountability and transpaency and has prooven to be a great harm to our craft & profession.

No supporter of AMFA, myself included, has ever claimed that AMFA will undo the stain the twu has caused on our craft & class at AA over night. But at least with AMFA we have an opportunity to support a democratic, craft union that supports us because WE are the union.

GO AMFA!
Yeah! Tell that to the people over at NW... Oh wait.... You did....

NYer,

GO AMFA!

Its a simple question that isn't answered. The "Solution" you advocate will not come before there is a vote here. Given that we have to either chose the TA or Abrogation, what is the advantage to voting NO? Please, don't give me the political stuff about craft and our Union not being worthy. Those are items for another day. At the moment we have a decision that has two real and immediate consequence.

How are we going to recover from an abrogation and how long will that recovery take place? If I vote no, lose the pay raises and everything else associated with the Tentative Agreement, how and when can we expect to recover those losses? A year, two years, four years?

We've been told to Vote No for the last 4 or 5 years, but there has been no progress and there doesn't seem to be plan to gain that progress. Lots of words, lots of finger pointing, lots of testosterone, lots of ager...but few solutions.

Back