TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

But this time around, the membership better not forgo ANY retro pay this time. By doing so will allow the company to stretch out nego as long as they want. If they know the retro will indeed be paid up front, then the company will not drag their feet. If they know they can forgo retro they will drag out nego for as long as they can...

You will never make a good TWU International bootlicker like Overspeed with talk like this. B)

You're not even an aircraft mechanic! What you are, and it's confirmed is a: TWU a$$ kisser... Friggen Loser

Neither is Informer but it doesn't seem to matter. Why don't you try the PM feature for comments like that. Makes AA look a bit more Professional.

Hey Bob O. Our contract is up Aug 2012, next month on the 16th. I read one of your posting saying 2013. No biggie, just wanted to let you know. We are expecting for a quicker contract this time around as the company wants stuff done fairly quickly. But this time around, the membership better not forgo ANY retro pay this time. By doing so will allow the company to stretch out nego as long as they want. If they know the retro will indeed be paid up front, then the company will not drag their feet. If they know they can forgo retro they will drag out nego for as long as they can...

some ideas on foot dragging.....
The co. and its ultimate dream team super lawers want to hammer us down so far that we can't get back up. Now that D Parker has made deals with AA unions, he has a trump card to be played in BK court. The point is that unions will fare better with Parker than with Horton. It is a complicated situation, with the AA 18 month exclusivity deadline looming over Horton's head, and that is good for Parker. But, what impact will the Creditors Com. have, and how will they play their cards with that 18 month deadline in the scenario??
The BK laws changed after the United BK fiasco, and now AA has a new set of rules to deal with. Delay could work in our favor with a NO vote.
Layoffs will happen with a Yes or a NO. Will the layoffs be less with a NO? Remember that exclusivity deadline and the swing dance in the BK courtroom.

A Yes vote will produce the unprecidented work rule changes, which could have an impact on other carriers labor contracts.

Big changes to future medical copays and costs must be included in any comparison of pay!

But the question to examine is this: Do we have a strong union or a wimpy union? In consideration of the abrogation fallout from imposed pay cuts and work rule changes, could and will the TWU reverse the impending massive work rule changes in future negotiations? Do they have the gonads for that struggle??????? Hmmmmmm...... Again that is the big question and it could be all about delay tactics and foot dragging.

It would seem that an attack on AMFA has some correlation with our T/A? I can't seem to figure what it is but Overspeed and RealityChk seem to want to attack AMFA because we gave a T/A.

As for the 787's, I am not to sure that a lot of the work won't be done in a foreign country.

The Airbus, well maybe the new plant in Alabama can pick up that work.

So, Bob and the other Vote No advocates. If I vote no, the Judge won't abrogate? And if he does and we get hit with the Ask, how long will negotiations last until we get near to at least the United pay scales?

It seems we don't like the current situation, but the alternative seems worse and it may take even longer to recover to what we could get now, forget about rising to the levels of others. We should give up 15% raises in turn for no raises and continue to negotiate to try and get 20%, 25%, 30%. For YEARS, we've been told to vote no until we get closer to the others, in the meantime we stay where we are. If we took a deal in '08, we be rising from there instead of '03. Now we can get 15% and in 4 years start from there instead of getting abrogated and continue to negotiate from from a starting point of the Ask. Is just doesn't make sense? Trying to get everything in one shot is a recipe for failure, especially since we're in bankruptcy!

I don't recall any airline in B/K with 5 BILLION in bank 100s of new a/c on order,and to top it off now their talking about buying other airlines!The corporate WELFARE TROUGH is EMPTY !
You obviously have no idea how a business runs. The planes are mostly financed and can be repo'd if AA defaults. What is AA's annual fuel expense? How much of that $5B is tied up in covenants? Sorry man, life is not fair. Not happy about the way corporations run either but in the end the law favors them, not us.

So, Bob and the other Vote No advocates. If I vote no, the Judge won't abrogate? And if he does and we get hit with the Ask, how long will negotiations last until we get near to at least the United pay scales?

It seems we don't like the current situation, but the alternative seems worse and it may take even longer to recover to what we could get now, forget about rising to the levels of others. We should give up 15% raises in turn for no raises and continue to negotiate to try and get 20%, 25%, 30%. For YEARS, we've been told to vote no until we get closer to the others, in the meantime we stay where we are. If we took a deal in '08, we be rising from there instead of '03. Now we can get 15% and in 4 years start from there instead of getting abrogated and continue to negotiate from from a starting point of the Ask. Is just doesn't make sense? Trying to get everything in one shot is a recipe for failure, especially since we're in bankruptcy!
Anybody that sits down and reads the TWU/AA manifesto could only come to one realization !VOTE NO !

You're not even an aircraft mechanic! What you are, and it's confirmed is a: TWU a$$ kisser... Friggen Loser
I love you man.

Oh, I have been an A&P for over 30 years now. What makes you say I am not a mechanic and have no skin in the game. My paychecks come from AA, not the TWU.

You obviously have no idea how a business runs. The planes are mostly financed and can be repo'd if AA defaults. What is AA's annual fuel expense? How much of that $5B is tied up in covenants? Sorry man, life is not fair. Not happy about the way corporations run either but in the end the law favors them, not us.
5.1 BILLION UNRESTRICTED CASH !!!

5.1 BILLION UNRESTRICTED CASH !!!
Read the 10K then pop off.

AA cannot run their cash down to zero. For example, credit card companies require AA to maintain minimum cash balances or lose the ability to utilize credit cards for transactions. AA needs a minimum amount of cash to fund it's daily operating expenses and meet future obligations such as paying for fuel, pension payments, loan payments, etc... AA cannot run at near zero or they will not be able to reorganize in CH11 they will be forced in to CH7. No unsecured creditor wants CH7 since they will get pennies on the dollar so they can also force AA in to CH11 before they get to CH7. Bob may think he can force CH7 but he can't. The judge will ensure the creditors get theirs at the expense of the employees.

$5.1B is only 25% at best of annual revenues. For perspective, AA's fuel expense last year was around $8B or approximately 30% of revenues. $5.1B isn't going to last long is it?

Hey Bob O. Our contract is up Aug 2012, next month on the 16th. I read one of your posting saying 2013. No biggie, just wanted to let you know. We are expecting for a quicker contract this time around as the company wants stuff done fairly quickly. But this time around, the membership better not forgo ANY retro pay this time. By doing so will allow the company to stretch out nego as long as they want. If they know the retro will indeed be paid up front, then the company will not drag their feet. If they know they can forgo retro they will drag out nego for as long as they can...
Really? Need to listen to your CEO's comments from his letter to WN employees, "Our labor rates are now, far and away, the highest in the industry. Through bankruptcy, very large New Airlines have emerged with lower rates than us and better productivity. Next to fuel, labor is our highest expenditure. We cant have lower overall operating costs if our labor costs aren’t lower."

And there it is. It's called reality. Some confuse this with fear. I guess I'm a realist. Nothing wrong with dreaming though. Sooner or later you guys will wake up...., maybe.

It would seem that an attack on AMFA has some correlation with our T/A? I can't seem to figure what it is but Overspeed and RealityChk seem to want to attack AMFA because we gave a T/A.

As for the 787's, I am not to sure that a lot of the work won't be done in a foreign country.

The Airbus, well maybe the new plant in Alabama can pick up that work.
787s won't have a C Check due for 12 years after delivery and who knows what will happen then. If you do what stocks are you buying?

Alabama is for mfg, not overhaul. Aeroman is in a partnership with Airbus however as they are part of the Airbus MRO Network. The issue is still that the formula dictates limits on outsource spend not type of work, never has. When is was at 10% AA had no choice but to do the work in-house. TA or no TA, work is getting outsourced through the BK process.

Really? Need to listen to your CEO's comments from his letter to WN employees, "Our labor rates are now, far and away, the highest in the industry. Through bankruptcy, very large New Airlines have emerged with lower rates than us and better productivity. Next to fuel, labor is our highest expenditure. We cant have lower overall operating costs if our labor costs aren’t lower."
Everybody's costs, products, etc. and et al are either the highest, the best, yada yada - sounds like ads on a damned TV.

Everybody can't be the {whatever}est and it gags me to think these bastards believe we'll buy into their lies. Horton said we were the most expensive - maybe what's his face at Southwest needs to call him out on that.

Yeah. Right. As if.

ROTFLMFAO!! (with deference to High Speed Steel, the undisputed "lol" king).

Back