TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Bob your argument is flawed right from the first sentence. UA mechanics now make more than AA AMTs because 1) smart people like you recommended voting against the July 2010 TA and 2) it took them over nine years AFTER BK in 2003 to finally get past us. You are comparing UA's current wages that were negotiated in a post BK environment to AA's first BK contract. Why not compare apples to apples? Why because your argument us shredded. UA mechanics got slammed in BK with an 1113e motion that immediately brought on pay and benefit cuts totaling almost 20%. Does our agreement have that? Yes benefits are getting hammered but has any airline in BK ever kept their existing benefits? No. Will some how AA become the first? Doubtful. The APA has stated that Judge Lane will not write a contract but will simply abrogate and that he will not give direction to AA on what they can and cannot do. Lane gave AA the green light for more shafting. When will we get to negotiate after abrogation? One month? One year? Three years?

"Rigged?" Bob, every time something doesn't go your way you say it was rigged. You blame the Int'l, the judge, Wall Street, AMR management, consultants, Congress, the AFL-CIO, TUL, other unions, etc... Do you ever own anything? The roll call vote has been in existence for how many years? Long before we were here. So people came in and voted that you don't agree with? You call the TWU process rigged but you want to rig it so it goes your way. Only allow people in who will vote Bob's agenda. And what is Bob's agenda? Back in the BB you posted with glee that we were going to get AMFA and now you are a TWU President. Bob's Agenda sounds like you will do anything and say anything to get a select few top pay. Who is that select few Bob? Line and half of Overhaul? Line and a quarter of Overhaul? Just Line?

Bob we are in the BK process that YOU said was just a threat. Admit it Bob, you were wrong and now we have to work through the mess that is left. Thousands are losing their jobs and we are all at the mercy of judge and a process that does not give a damn about the worker. BK only cares about creditors and banks. Your "Vote No Until We Get Something Better" Plan isn't working. You were wrong then and you are wrong now.
YOU are totally out of touch with reality !! these TWU/AA back door deals are so bad that we are going to let judge decide and keep voting NO untill an acceptable agreement is reached !

With no job security in the contract, what happens to TAESL as the 757's and there RB's go away in the next few years. Also, the new 777-300's are getting GE engines. What are the odds that TAESL will remain open with no requirement by the contract for the little bit of Trent work that we have?
There has not been, and we still not be, any specific earmarks for work. Look at it this way, if AA maintenance spend is $2B than they can contract out $700M in work. How AA decides on what work to outsource - engines, airframe, or line - depends on how efficiently they do the work in-house versus how cheap they can get it done outside.

TAESL seems to be on borrowed time IMO. How many future fleet types has AA ordered with RR engines? None. All but the A321s will have GE products on them. No contract can keep a facility open that has a dwindling work supply.

With all the noise on this site coming from the one to two dozen AMFA clones, and their AMP & Vote No (AMFA in Drag) supporters, you would think they would realize they sound like a broken record. I guess the theory is just keep repeating the AMFA mantra, over and over and over!

History of a Democratic Union:

AMFA's major campaign slogan was that they would never negotiate concessions. They claimed to always have rank and file observers at negotiations. They claimed to be the most democratic.

None of these claims have stood up; during NWA on concession bargaining for example, AMFA members were never given an opportunity to vote on the 'Final and Best Offer' by NWA before the strike was called in August 2005 and 'rank and file observers' were barred from the recent negotiations with NWA on the tentative agreement.

I guess Delle just forgot how Democratic AMFA was?

YOU are totally out of touch with reality !! these TWU/AA back door deals are so bad that we are going to let judge decide and keep voting NO untill an acceptable agreement is reached !
Okay. Keep doing that? How's that working out for you? Ready to wait another two or three years for that "great" deal? Like I said, UA waited from 2003 to 2011 to get past us. So if history is any indicator of the future, you will be waiting eight to nine more years. Okay brother, let's do it.

There has not been, and we still not be, any specific earmarks for work. Look at it this way, if AA maintenance spend is $2B than they can contract out $700M in work. How AA decides on what work to outsource - engines, airframe, or line - depends on how efficiently they do the work in-house versus how cheap they can get it done outside.

TAESL seems to be on borrowed time IMO. How many future fleet types has AA ordered with RR engines? None. All but the A321s will have GE products on them. No contract can keep a facility open that has a dwindling work supply.
Your the one on borrowed time!!

Thanks for the honest assessment of TAESL. I know that I am screwed in the future if I make the cut and stay here. I'm not asking for a contract that keeps me working at this specific job, but at any job. With all these concessions, the least we can get is a contractual guarantee that anyone left after the upcoming cuts will be around 6 years from now. Otherwise it is not worth voting for.

Okay. Keep doing that? How's that working out for you? Ready to wait another two or three years for that "great" deal? Like I said, UA waited from 2003 to 2011 to get past us. So if history is any indicator of the future, you will be waiting eight to nine more years. Okay brother, let's do it.
I don't recall any airline in B/K with 5 BILLION in bank 100s of new a/c on order,and to top it off now their talking about buying other airlines!The corporate WELFARE TROUGH is EMPTY !

Bob your argument is flawed right from the first sentence. UA mechanics now make more than AA AMTs because 1) smart people like you recommended voting against the July 2010 TA and 2) it took them over nine years AFTER BK in 2003 to finally get past us. You are comparing UA's current wages that were negotiated in a post BK environment to AA's first BK contract. Why not compare apples to apples? Why because your argument us shredded. UA mechanics got slammed in BK with an 1113e motion that immediately brought on pay and benefit cuts totaling almost 20%. Does our agreement have that? Yes benefits are getting hammered but has any airline in BK ever kept their existing benefits? No. Will some how AA become the first? Doubtful. The APA has stated that Judge Lane will not write a contract but will simply abrogate and that he will not give direction to AA on what they can and cannot do. Lane gave AA the green light for more shafting. When will we get to negotiate after abrogation? One month? One year? Three years?

That's the part I have been waiting to read something that explained some of the Negotiators stance on bringing us up to match anyone in the Industry while in BK Negotiation instead of a normal New Term Contract Negotiation.

Hey Bob O. Our contract is up Aug 2012, next month on the 16th. I read one of your posting saying 2013. No biggie, just wanted to let you know. We are expecting for a quicker contract this time around as the company wants stuff done fairly quickly. But this time around, the membership better not forgo ANY retro pay this time. By doing so will allow the company to stretch out nego as long as they want. If they know the retro will indeed be paid up front, then the company will not drag their feet. If they know they can forgo retro they will drag out nego for as long as they can...

With all the noise on this site coming from the one to two dozen AMFA clones, and their AMP & Vote No (AMFA in Drag) supporters, you would think they would realize they sound like a broken record. I guess the theory is just keep repeating the AMFA mantra, over and over and over!

History of a Democratic Union:

AMFA's major campaign slogan was that they would never negotiate concessions. They claimed to always have rank and file observers at negotiations. They claimed to be the most democratic.

None of these claims have stood up; during NWA on concession bargaining for example, AMFA members were never given an opportunity to vote on the 'Final and Best Offer' by NWA before the strike was called in August 2005 and 'rank and file observers' were barred from the recent negotiations with NWA on the tentative agreement.

I guess Delle just forgot how Democratic AMFA was?

Look who the cat dragged in, the resident commie loser, mechanic wannabe: Reality Chump. AKA TWU international parasite.

Back