TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Well gotta go things to do, I will be voting NO because I think AA can do better & bring us closer to United & Delta, I"m in no hurry to settle, Abrogation doesn't scare me in the least.

As for personal attacks I think their pointless & serve no point in a debate where you want someone to actually hear what your saying, so I don't do it. :rolleyes:

Don't agree here. The company already secured financing arrangements prior to bankruptcy filing to upgrade fleet. Has that changed? Smart move on their part based upon your presumed theory... B)

They may have secured the financing but have you secured the language to work on them?

stupido
this means to be dumb slow ignorant or just hope less. some one that needs a miracle.

TWU Informer: With 6 comments in the last few pages, you really are raising your sales pitch:

Foe example - how many of your comments have we read recently?

- 213, 214, 221, 223, 224, 227, 233, 236, 251, 255. Not bad, only 10!

BTW, I'm not attacking your character, I just don't agree with your perception of reality.

I have to disagree with you on this High Speed. the company needs for all the groups to have contracts for stability so they can get financing form banks to do their business, they really do want contracts from us so they don't have to worry about strikes or job actions etc. in the past we have always had a contract it was just amendable but to be completely without a contract is an unstable work force with a Union & they don't want that.

Now Raptor, you keep talking like this and dump the Teamster stuff, you will soon be in the postive ratings. :p

They may have secured the financing but have you secured the language to work on them?

stupido
this means to be dumb slow ignorant or just hope less. some one that needs a miracle.

They bring them into the fold as AA birds then by the purpose of our contract they would become our work subject to the provisions of our CBA....

TWU Informer: With 6 comments in the last few pages, you really are raising your sales pitch:

BTW, I'm not attacking your character, I just don't agree with your perception of reality.

Reality will be the 78's and Airbus metal not maintained by english speaking folk if you want to vote this trash in.

July 11, 2012

To the Membership,

I would not characterize the latest offer by A/A for M&R as a “tentative agreement” but rather the companies “Last Best Offer version 2.0.” The reason I say this is, because, the so called T/A was defined as AA’s last best offer to the M&R negotiating team. The meetings that took place were categorized as negotiations however from the onset AA management determined where they were going to allocate the money from the “me too clause” and spoke to the point of only needing a few hundred more “yes” votes to get this deal done.

The Stores negotiating team was able to secure a slightly better deal with a 5.2% pay raise at DOS, when you include the skill premium. The Stores group was also able to retain their 6[sup]th[/sup] week of vacation and improve their job scope language.

With that said, at no point during the week did Mr. Durst or Mr. Ream chose to take the time to listen to concerns being expressed by the line maintenance negotiators; although both were asked to do so. Both men expressed the fact that they were not interested in sitting down and talking with us; saying they were done talking with us and this was a take it or leave it offer. So in my opinion, we are asked to accept another threat in the form of LBO II. While it may be tempting to grab what we can now, this is a six-year extension, which makes this a ten-year deal. The fact that A/A will provide a move to the middle of the pack in pay at 36-months sounds good but what happens after that, two 1.5% pay raises and then another 5 years without a raise? We must negotiate an agreement, not be strong armed into accepting a contract written by AA management.

Over the next few weeks, I will be out on the floor taking with the membership about why this “LBO II” is just another slap in the face to the membership. Even though a no vote may create a difficult situation for a period of time, voting yes will create six more years of working for less, in both pay and benefits, than nearly every other carrier in the industry, including those who are non-union. It will also allow AA unlimited reductions-in-force - since there is no system protection, outsourcing at levels which are easily manipulated by erroneous data, and the freezing of the pension – also, in order to get any company match you will need to invest at least 3% of your money.

Gary Peterson
President

Another AMFA sympathizer coming out of the closet following the Owens/AMFA party line! You better be careful, If Owens comes to a sudden stop, you'll run into his rear end.

I would say the same thing about you and Little Jim except your head is already so far up his ass all you have to do is look around and you could do his colonoscopy for free.

TWU/AA using fear tactics once again using local media. Fools

http://m.ktul.com/default.aspx?pid=2705&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ktul.com%2fstory%2f19003918%2famerican-airlines-reaches-tentative-agreement-with-union%3fclienttype%3drssstory

July 11, 2012

To the Membership,

I would not characterize the latest offer by A/A for M&R as a “tentative agreement” but rather the companies “Last Best Offer version 2.0.” The reason I say this is, because, the so called T/A was defined as AA’s last best offer to the M&R negotiating team. The meetings that took place were categorized as negotiations however from the onset AA management determined where they were going to allocate the money from the “me too clause” and spoke to the point of only needing a few hundred more “yes” votes to get this deal done.

The Stores negotiating team was able to secure a slightly better deal with a 5.2% pay raise at DOS, when you include the skill premium. The Stores group was also able to retain their 6[sup]th[/sup] week of vacation and improve their job scope language.

With that said, at no point during the week did Mr. Durst or Mr. Ream chose to take the time to listen to concerns being expressed by the line maintenance negotiators; although both were asked to do so. Both men expressed the fact that they were not interested in sitting down and talking with us; saying they were done talking with us and this was a take it or leave it offer. So in my opinion, we are asked to accept another threat in the form of LBO II. While it may be tempting to grab what we can now, this is a six-year extension, which makes this a ten-year deal. The fact that A/A will provide a move to the middle of the pack in pay at 36-months sounds good but what happens after that, two 1.5% pay raises and then another 5 years without a raise? We must negotiate an agreement, not be strong armed into accepting a contract written by AA management.

Over the next few weeks, I will be out on the floor taking with the membership about why this “LBO II” is just another slap in the face to the membership. Even though a no vote may create a difficult situation for a period of time, voting yes will create six more years of working for less, in both pay and benefits, than nearly every other carrier in the industry, including those who are non-union. It will also allow AA unlimited reductions-in-force - since there is no system protection, outsourcing at levels which are easily manipulated by erroneous data, and the freezing of the pension – also, in order to get any company match you will need to invest at least 3% of your money.

Gary Peterson
President

Another AMFA sympathizer coming out of the closet following the Owens/AMFA party line! You better be careful, If Owens comes to a sudden stop, you'll run into his rear end.

So someone who actually wants to negotiate a contract and not just take the companies offer is called a "AMFA Sympathizer". Well sign me up then because i want a negotiated contract and not a take it or leave it BS.

Raptor...you know that you are now an AMFA sympathizer for agreeing with the letter. ;)

TWU/AA using fear tactics once again using local media. Fools

http://m.ktul.com/de...nttype=rssstory

Rick Mullins says he hasn't seen the details but know's it's promising without seeing the details & he doesn't even work for AA .... UGh, that's it i'm done mentioning his name .... just get's me upset, the more he talks the more people want to vote not though .... lol
Why do we elect local officers if they have someone who doesn't work for AA or is an officer talking for them, Once again we need officers like Bob & Chuck that speak for themselves not have a spokesman .... Imagine that Sam Cirri
Regardless of whether we get a new Union or not we need to elect NEW officers & the elections are coming up soon, Don't vote for the same officers again .... please !

So someone who actually wants to negotiate a contract and not just take the companies offer is called a "AMFA Sympathizer". Well sign me up then because i want a negotiated contract and not a take it or leave it BS.

Raptor...you know that you are now an AMFA sympathizer for agreeing with the letter. ;)

LOL ...... OK

Back