TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

I don't understand High speed you said you don't like the offer & that your not afraid of anything happening so I'm confused as to why your voting for it, Is it that your sure that we won't get anymore ??

Yep, we would be done for a long,long,long............longlong time ;)

Yeah, and a new Status Quo is difficult and not time sensitive as he would like you to believe....Exit bankruptcy with no contract, no problem.....company says screw you, see you in 2018 :huh:

I have to disagree with you on this High Speed. the company needs for all the groups to have contracts for stability so they can get financing form banks to do their business, they really do want contracts from us so they don't have to worry about strikes or job actions etc. in the past we have always had a contract it was just amendable but to be completely without a contract is an unstable work force with a Union & they don't want that.

Yep, we would be done for a long,long,long............longlong time ;)

Ok so I see you think they won't budge anymore than what they have, this offer is better than what the other 5 work groups have now even after they got the me to clause in several ways, and that is do to us voting no & negotiating, I'm assuming that if this were voted in the other groups would also get the overtime back etc.
not trying to convince you to vote No, I was just curious .... thanks for answering the questions.

I have to disagree with you on this High Speed. the company needs for all the groups to have contracts for stability so they can get financing form banks to do their business, they really do want contracts from us so they don't have to worry about strikes or job actions etc. in the past we have always had a contract it was just amendable but to be completely without a contract is an unstable work force with a Union & they don't want that.

Don't agree here. The company already secured financing arrangements prior to bankruptcy filing to upgrade fleet. Has that changed? Smart move on their part based upon your presumed theory... B)

Don't agree here. The company already secured financing arrangements prior to bankruptcy filing to upgrade fleet. Has that changed? Smart move on their part based upon your presumed theory... B)

Yeah I know but that's not what I meant, they like to keep a certain amount of cash liquid so they use bank money to run the business often times, you know payroll, fuel different various operating expenses that way if an emergency happens they have liquid cash to deal with it.

Yeah I know but that's not what I meant, they like to keep a certain amount of cash liquid so they use bank money to run the business often times, you know payroll, fuel different various operating expenses that way if an emergency happens they have liquid cash to deal with it.

Whatever.....

Yeah, and a new Status Quo is difficult and not time sensitive as he would like you to believe....Exit bankruptcy with no contract, no problem.....company says screw you, see you in 2018 :huh:

You are beyond pathetic.... You have been on the wrong side of every issue since you've been on this BB. This POS will be voted down, and shoved up Durst's and Ream's a$$es.

With 6 comments in the last few pages, TWU Informer is really raising his sales pitch:

Question are you going to vote for it ??
What do you like about it ??
What do you think about it not being very close to United & Delta ??, not being confrontational just curious.

Yes I will. What is voting NO gonna gain you and I....?

Hasn't worked to well so far voting NO, many have sure given up allot of money following the vote no crowd.....
"Approximately $20,000 since 2010, and they want us to follow them over the cliff"

Yes, as soon as they have completed raping the employees, any and all financing that they would like will be at their disposal to merge or acquire whoever or whatever they want.

This Bankruptcy has been a sham from the start and the TWU as helped them execute the sham.

We will get AMFA on the property, seperate ourselves into a craft union for once, and begin rebuilding with you sitting in the truck.

I've learned one thing about AMFA cool-aid drinkers (and you are certainly one of them), you keep repeating the chant so often while looking in the mirror, you actually get to believe what you're telling yourself !

With 6 comments in the last few pages, TWU Informer is really raising his sales pitch:

What do you think about it not being very close to United & Delta ??, not being confrontational just curious.

Hasn't worked to well so far voting NO, many have sure given up allot of money following the vote no crowd.....
"Approximately $20,000 since 2010, and they want us to follow them over the cliff"

Yes, as soon as they have completed raping the employees, any and all financing that they would like will be at their disposal to merge or acquire whoever or whatever they want.

This Bankruptcy has been a sham from the start and the TWU as helped them execute the sham.

We will get AMFA on the property, seperate ourselves into a craft union for once, and begin rebuilding with you sitting in the truck.

I've learned one thing about AMFA cool-aid drinkers (and you are certainly one of them), you keep repeating the chant so often while looking in the mirror, you actually get to believe what you're telling yourself !

Were you trying to make an intelligent point? Or have you been relegated to the mud slinging role and personal attacks?

You cannot even sling mud and get the facts correct.
for the record out of your entire post, this was only mine

On the OSM percentage.

If all of the current OSM's are laid off does the company still get their cap?

If the company in their ask wanted 335 more OSM's than today, then there is potential for approx. 800-900 new OSM's. Please correct me if I am in error.

July 11, 2012

To the Membership,

I would not characterize the latest offer by A/A for M&R as a “tentative agreement” but rather the companies “Last Best Offer version 2.0.” The reason I say this is, because, the so called T/A was defined as AA’s last best offer to the M&R negotiating team. The meetings that took place were categorized as negotiations however from the onset AA management determined where they were going to allocate the money from the “me too clause” and spoke to the point of only needing a few hundred more “yes” votes to get this deal done.

The Stores negotiating team was able to secure a slightly better deal with a 5.2% pay raise at DOS, when you include the skill premium. The Stores group was also able to retain their 6[sup]th[/sup] week of vacation and improve their job scope language.

With that said, at no point during the week did Mr. Durst or Mr. Ream chose to take the time to listen to concerns being expressed by the line maintenance negotiators; although both were asked to do so. Both men expressed the fact that they were not interested in sitting down and talking with us; saying they were done talking with us and this was a take it or leave it offer. So in my opinion, we are asked to accept another threat in the form of LBO II. While it may be tempting to grab what we can now, this is a six-year extension, which makes this a ten-year deal. The fact that A/A will provide a move to the middle of the pack in pay at 36-months sounds good but what happens after that, two 1.5% pay raises and then another 5 years without a raise? We must negotiate an agreement, not be strong armed into accepting a contract written by AA management.

Over the next few weeks, I will be out on the floor taking with the membership about why this “LBO II” is just another slap in the face to the membership. Even though a no vote may create a difficult situation for a period of time, voting yes will create six more years of working for less, in both pay and benefits, than nearly every other carrier in the industry, including those who are non-union. It will also allow AA unlimited reductions-in-force - since there is no system protection, outsourcing at levels which are easily manipulated by erroneous data, and the freezing of the pension – also, in order to get any company match you will need to invest at least 3% of your money.

Gary Peterson
President

Another AMFA sympathizer coming out of the closet following the Owens/AMFA party line! You better be careful, If Owens comes to a sudden stop, you'll run into his rear end.

He's Passionate about his cause, when there are huge obstacles in the way of your dreams I guess you have to be Passionate about your cause to get over them.

He's Passionate about his cause, when there are huge obstacles in the way of your dreams I guess you have to be Passionate about your cause to get over them.

If it is not too much to ask, I would prefer to speak for myself, and answer any attacks against my character in my own words.

Back