TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Yes I will. What is voting NO gonna gain you and I....?

Hasn't worked to well so far voting NO, many have sure given up allot of money following the vote no crowd.....

ok but you only answered part of the question tell me what you like most about it ?? And do you care how we compare to United & Delta ??
also are you voting for it out of fear of what might happen or do you actually like it ??
What's the consensus in your area, are many saying they will vote for it ??
Inquiring minds are curious

Mechanics in my shop are mostly NO but there are a few yeses.

And if we lose?

And if it gets defined as no limits?

And if it gets defined as any work that requires above the normal allocated man hours. In other words any work that requires overtime?

How about define it now.

That is the point in which the famous "They can do that, Brother" is exclaimed.

Yes I will. What is voting NO gonna gain you and I....?

Hasn't worked to well so far voting NO, many have sure given up allot of money following the vote no crowd.....

We can wait and maybe get a "me too" from the other airlines.
Since the TWU cannot get it done, let's just remain in abbrogated modifcation and not locked in for 6 years.
Instead of dragging every AMT group in the industry down, at least sit on your hands and let them get a better deal for you.

Since the TWU loves divisions of work groups.
We should have final seperation vote.
Those of you that want to sellout again can, those of us that want to wait it out will continue the fight.
But you get no "me too" that gets you any gains once you cave in, you eat #### for 6 years no matter what happens in this industry.

We will get AMFA on the property, seperate ourselves into a craft union for once, and begin rebuilding with you sitting in the truck.

ok but you only answered part of the question tell me what you like most about it ?? And do you care how we compare to United & Delta ??
also are you voting for it out of fear of what might happen or do you actually like it ??
Inquiring minds are curious

Wouldn't say I like much of it, but with any contract offer I can find things I don't like. I think I will side upon better judgement on this one and vote for it....

We can wait and maybe get a "me too" from the other airlines.
Since the TWU cannot get it done, let's just remain in abbrogated modifcation and not locked in for 6 years.
Instead of dragging every AMT group in the industry down, at least sit on your hands and let them get a better deal for you.

Since the TWU loves divisions of work groups.
We should have final seperation vote.
Those of you that want to sellout again can, those of us that want to wait it out will continue the fight.
But you get no "me too" that gets you gains once you cave in.

Informer, go sit in the truck....

July 11, 2012

To the Membership,

I would not characterize the latest offer by A/A for M&R as a “tentative agreement” but rather the companies “Last Best Offer version 2.0.” The reason I say this is, because, the so called T/A was defined as AA’s last best offer to the M&R negotiating team. The meetings that took place were categorized as negotiations however from the onset AA management determined where they were going to allocate the money from the “me too clause” and spoke to the point of only needing a few hundred more “yes” votes to get this deal done.

The Stores negotiating team was able to secure a slightly better deal with a 5.2% pay raise at DOS, when you include the skill premium. The Stores group was also able to retain their 6[sup]th[/sup] week of vacation and improve their job scope language.

With that said, at no point during the week did Mr. Durst or Mr. Ream chose to take the time to listen to concerns being expressed by the line maintenance negotiators; although both were asked to do so. Both men expressed the fact that they were not interested in sitting down and talking with us; saying they were done talking with us and this was a take it or leave it offer. So in my opinion, we are asked to accept another threat in the form of LBO II. While it may be tempting to grab what we can now, this is a six-year extension, which makes this a ten-year deal. The fact that A/A will provide a move to the middle of the pack in pay at 36-months sounds good but what happens after that, two 1.5% pay raises and then another 5 years without a raise? We must negotiate an agreement, not be strong armed into accepting a contract written by AA management.

Over the next few weeks, I will be out on the floor taking with the membership about why this “LBO II” is just another slap in the face to the membership. Even though a no vote may create a difficult situation for a period of time, voting yes will create six more years of working for less, in both pay and benefits, than nearly every other carrier in the industry, including those who are non-union. It will also allow AA unlimited reductions-in-force - since there is no system protection, outsourcing at levels which are easily manipulated by erroneous data, and the freezing of the pension – also, in order to get any company match you will need to invest at least 3% of your money.

Gary Peterson
President

Wouldn't say I like much of it, but with any contract offer I can find things I don't like. I think I will side upon better judgement on this one and vote for it....

Ok if I understand you, your saying you don't like it but your going to vote for it anyway, basically your voting for it because your afraid of what might happen to you if you don't .... Is that a fair statement ??

Informer, go sit in the truck....

No you go ahead with your yes vote, go sit on the whimp truck, and we will keep fighting instead of crawling around saving jobs with concessions, when the TWU headcount keeps going down, down, down, and you really saved nothing. Fear Mongering BS has to stop sometime, may as well be right now.

July 11, 2012

To the Membership,

I would not characterize the latest offer by A/A for M&R as a “tentative agreement” but rather the companies “Last Best Offer version 2.0.” The reason I say this is, because, the so called T/A was defined as AA’s last best offer to the M&R negotiating team. The meetings that took place were categorized as negotiations however from the onset AA management determined where they were going to allocate the money from the “me too clause” and spoke to the point of only needing a few hundred more “yes” votes to get this deal done.

The Stores negotiating team was able to secure a slightly better deal with a 5.2% pay raise at DOS, when you include the skill premium. The Stores group was also able to retain their 6[sup]th[/sup] week of vacation and improve their job scope language.

With that said, at no point during the week did Mr. Durst or Mr. Ream chose to take the time to listen to concerns being expressed by the line maintenance negotiators; although both were asked to do so. Both men expressed the fact that they were not interested in sitting down and talking with us; saying they were done talking with us and this was a take it or leave it offer. So in my opinion, we are asked to accept another threat in the form of LBO II. While it may be tempting to grab what we can now, this is a six-year extension, which makes this a ten-year deal. The fact that A/A will provide a move to the middle of the pack in pay at 36-months sounds good but what happens after that, two 1.5% pay raises and then another 5 years without a raise? We must negotiate an agreement, not be strong armed into accepting a contract written by AA management.

Over the next few weeks, I will be out on the floor taking with the membership about why this “LBO II” is just another slap in the face to the membership. Even though a no vote may create a difficult situation for a period of time, voting yes will create six more years of working for less, in both pay and benefits, than nearly every other carrier in the industry, including those who are non-union. It will also allow AA unlimited reductions-in-force - since there is no system protection, outsourcing at levels which are easily manipulated by erroneous data, and the freezing of the pension – also, in order to get any company match you will need to invest at least 3% of your money.

Gary Peterson
President

Good Letter thanks for sharing.

Ok if I understand you, your saying you don't like it but your going to vote for it anyway, basically your voting for it because your afraid of what might happen to you if you don't .... Is that a fair statement ??

No not afraid at all, just smart enough to read between the lines of your vote no sign....

Back