TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

I too, missed your point.

Let's look at the Vacation difference between M&R and Stores.

M&R gets 5 weeks and Stores gets 6 weeks.

There are 1321 Title V Stock Clerks.

My numbers after the 1321 are approximate.

The Store's negotiations committee traded DOS + 60 months increase for the 6th week.

Approximately 21 Stock Clerks have 30 years today. That leaves approximately 1300 Stock Clerks without a raise at DOS+ 60 months for 21Stock Clerks to get their 6th week.

Now there will be some that will, if ratified take the early out but that will leave even less 30+ Stock Clerks.

If you would like to see it it in print go to TWU Local 514 web site and follow the blogs concerning this T/A.

So let me get this straight, and correct me if I'm wrong. Out of 16 elegible voters for our POS TA, seven are Title 2 and the guy from DTW represents 6 Title 2 mechanics at his station. So basically 1400 Title 2 mechanics control our contract for 10,000 Title 1 AMT's. What is wrong with this picture.....Wake up!!!!!!

So let me get this straight, and correct me if I'm wrong. Out of 16 elegible voters for our POS TA, seven are Title 2 and the guy from DTW represents 6 Title 2 mechanics at his station. So basically 1400 Title 2 mechanics control our contract for 10,000 Title 1 AMT's. What is wrong with this picture.....Wake up!!!!!!

Maybe in the vote to bring this back, but not the ratification of the T/A.

I think there is a serious miscalculation on the TWU's part here, unless the ratfication vote is being rigged as we speak!

I have some good friends that are Title 2 in Tulsa, and have respect for most of them.
I just want to know the value of the job saving event for that group and how many jobs are assured to be saved.
Because every concessions for jobs program of the past has led to lost headcount via attrition.
Where is the assurance that these jobs are not going away after we paid to keep them?

Aircraft Maintenance still has a 35% outsource rate coming and we saved how many Title 2 jobs?
It appears this T/A saves Fire Extuingsher checks, painting, Automotive, and Boiler Room, Waste water treatment, Terminal and Hangar Facilites jobs but how many is that and what is the cost? Meanwhile the TWU does nothing to modify the 35% outsource of aircraft maintenance? Really?

What is really amazing is the twu is bringing back the third turd to vote on and the APFA (craft union) has not brought back anything to vote on. It is amazing how they have a better feal for what there members want and refuse to bring just any piece of crap contract for a vote. Do you think that it has anything to do with the fact that the membership can recall its elected officials?

So what was to the total value to save all of those Title 2 jobs?
Does anyone have a dollar value on that and the total number of jobs claimed to have been saved?
Mullings has now been saved, so look for a more agreessive sell from him.

What Title II jobs?
The same number of Title II jobs are lost with this as there were with the previous LBO.
There are still 258 guys getting bumped down to MSP classification.
The difference this time is, the 258 guys getting bumped down to MSP classification will take a $4.99 per hr pay cut and not a $10 per hr pay cut.

Run the numbers on that and it comes to $2,688,566.40 per year.

I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled with the MSP thing at all. The 35% cap is a big number and I'm told we will never approach it but there is nothing keeping them from going right up to it.

This whole thing is typical of previous contracts that try to split hairs and get enough of a certain demographic to pass a deal. The work group is split and it seems it will always be that way.

Maybe in the vote to bring this back, but not the ratification of the T/A.

I think there is a serious miscalculation on the TWU's part here, unless the ratfication vote is being rigged as we speak!
My fault, that's what I meant, to bring it back for a vote......Thanks

What Title II jobs?
The same number of Title II jobs are lost with this as there were with the previous LBO.
There are still 258 guys getting bumped down to MSP classification.
The difference this time is, the 258 guys getting bumped down to MSP classification will take a $4.99 per hr pay cut and not a $10 per hr pay cut.

Run the numbers on that and it comes to $2,688,566.40 per year.

I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled with the MSP thing at all. The 35% cap is a big number and I'm told we will never approach it but there is nothing keeping them from going right up to it.

This whole thing is typical of previous contracts that try to split hairs and get enough of a certain demographic to pass a deal. The work group is split and it seems it will always be that way.

According to this document:
http://twu514.org/fi...Sheet071012.pdf

It appears this T/A saves Fire Extuingsher checks, painting, Automotive, and Boiler Room, Waste water treatment, Lock and Key, and Terminal and Hangar Facilites jobs but how many is that and what is the cost? Meanwhile the TWU does nothing to modify the 35% outsource of aircraft maintenance? Really?

And what does anyone suppose this read like after we have voted?

"NEW LOM FOR A ONE-TIME RESTRUCTURING RIF"
?
REALLY
?

Are they serious?

They want us to allow them to open Article 15 to a one time RIF shafting from hell?

VOTE NO!

Lets not forget about local 514 paying for the trip plus expenses for Charlie Meyer Title 1 from St Louis and Robert Todd Title 2 from San Fran to come in and make the roll call vote so that Hewitt didn't have to do it himself to keep the heat off him.

According to this document:
http://twu514.org/fi...Sheet071012.pdf

It appears this T/A saves Fire Extuingsher checks, painting, Automotive, and Boiler Room, Waste water treatment, Lock and Key, and Terminal and Hangar Facilites jobs but how many is that and what is the cost? Meanwhile the TWU does nothing to modify the 35% outsource of aircraft maintenance? Really?

All of those jobs were saved with the previous LBO.

https://department.jetnet.aa.com/ITSUserExp/rrc/pdf/twu_mechanics_and_related_full_proposal.pdf

Pay particular attention to page 2 of the PDF. This is the previous LBO.

Can someone show us a breakdown in $$ where the $35 million reduction in cost savings was applied in all areas?

I want to see a breakdown in raise acquired, and how much was forfeited for "job loss" savings.

Where is the real data?

If you do not like the data being shared by the media outlets, then create and share the facts!!
As I have been saying, without the cost-out from AA to the TWU: all we are doing is guessing.

According to Owens, they were not privy to the cost-outs for the M&R contract from AA.

IAW with previous negotiations between the TWU and AA: the M&R Presidents council, Negotiations Committee, is sequestered outside of the International TWU and AA actual negotiations and are only presented scenarios for voting up or down.

Obviously, the targeted members of the M&R Negotiations Committee are told when to push for an up or down vote IAW with the timetable desired by the International TWU.

Oh and one thing that I forgot was where is the 41 million that AA was overcharging mechanic and related? The 41 million was over and above the 20% that AA was asking from the M&R. This should have been given back on top of the 60 million.

Back