TAESL closing January 31

AMFAinMIAMI said:

The Local 591 prez and others around the system are privy to the info as to how it will affect each station and it's members but as usual they expect the members to know or research it for themselves, hear rumors ask question, rather than having the info given upfront by the regional officers by having them come to the floor and tell everyone how it is going to work and what deals were cut and by whom.

But I would guess the defenders of the TWU leadership will just come back with they have lots on their plates with the current, and upcoming negotiations. If GP is busy then, GS should step into the mode to insure the info gets to the members. That job is JR's job as the sec. isn't it?

Start calling ORD or the local office. I get plenty of info from the ORD region. Some of my old friends from the rock got bumped there and from what they tell me it is a different union on info and the union presence. I have them forward me the latest info that they get from there reps that comes from GP and GS, and yes I'm the guy putting paper copies of what I get on the tables in the break room.  Although I have seen the reps here come through and throw out the info because they want us in the dark.

I called the ORD head guy the other day when the RIF looked like it was screwed up and the guys were worried and talked to him for a while.  I got an answer on the spot as to the problems, and he says that all the reps got the info in an email from GP and he resent it to all of his stewards. He also said that all of the region guys are always on calls with GP an GS on the latest news and that every friday for a couple of years now all the stewards and other reps from all the stations are on a call with GP and GS.  He said the notes of the friday call are on the website for us to see and question there guys on. He told me that the stewards and reps are supposed to hold crew meetings with this info and that they do this all the time in ORD.

We have a problem with our guys being worried about taking care of management for there scam and keeping us in the dark.  Call ORD if you want the latest info, the guy has the same info that our guys got, but at least he is willing to share.  He told me to call or text anytime, and to have others do the same.  I give up on poof and friends because they just care about there deal.

I just texted ORD on the deal you mentioned, and the answer I got was that it was done by Drumond and Pike, and that Drumond and Verelli are getting canned because of that deal and the travel pass deal.  

I did get on the local website and started reading the notes from there call, and I see the roll call with this region on the call, but poof and friends refuse to talk to us about what is going on.  It is all about the scam here.  If it wasn't so cold I'd move to ORD to be in the know, and on second thought, hell no I wouldn't  :p

ASSociation Clown said:
Start calling ORD or the local office. I get plenty of info from the ORD region. Some of my old friends from the rock got bumped there and from what they tell me it is a different union on info and the union presence. I have them forward me the latest info that they get from there reps that comes from GP and GS, and yes I'm the guy putting paper copies of what I get on the tables in the break room.  Although I have seen the reps here come through and throw out the info because they want us in the dark.

I called the ORD head guy the other day when the RIF looked like it was screwed up and the guys were worried and talked to him for a while.  I got an answer on the spot as to the problems, and he says that all the reps got the info in an email from GP and he resent it to all of his stewards. He also said that all of the region guys are always on calls with GP an GS on the latest news and that every friday for a couple of years now all the stewards and other reps from all the stations are on a call with GP and GS.  He said the notes of the friday call are on the website for us to see and question there guys on. He told me that the stewards and reps are supposed to hold crew meetings with this info and that they do this all the time in ORD.

We have a problem with our guys being worried about taking care of management for there scam and keeping us in the dark.  Call ORD if you want the latest info, the guy has the same info that our guys got, but at least he is willing to share.  He told me to call or text anytime, and to have others do the same.  I give up on poof and friends because they just care about there deal.

I just texted ORD on the deal you mentioned, and the answer I got was that it was done by Drumond and Pike, and that Drumond and Verelli are getting canned because of that deal and the travel pass deal.  

I did get on the local website and started reading the notes from there call, and I see the roll call with this region on the call, but poof and friends refuse to talk to us about what is going on.  It is all about the scam here.  If it wasn't so cold I'd move to ORD to be in the know, and on second thought, hell no I wouldn't  :p
  • So GP sent out a letter that confused all the stewards, and didn't hold a meeting (conference call) to discuss the points of the letter, just threw it out there.

• MIA guys don't talk to the guys because they don't want to screw up their "scam" that of course is taking care of everyone else s scam.

• The international reps struck a deal on the rif and a travel pass deal, do tell? WTF?
Did I get the points of your post correct?

Am I reading something is dysfunctional?  Our careers and retirements are dependent on these people?

ASSociation Clown said:

AssClown

I do get info from out side of MIA. And when I do I fwd it to guys via email.

It may happen in ORD but shouldn't it happen here in MIA as well?

The scam with the Local mgmt may come to an end since some of the mgmt may get caught in the shuffle, time will tell.

The guy's here in MIA like the way it is since no one really knows what is going on and the IGM is in full bloom here.
They all talk about the union guys but they all kiss the ring when they show up.

Overspeed said:
I'm interested how the TWU and IAM RIF procedure was reconciled. There are significant differences. This may be the last RIF under the system as we know it TWU and IAM.
Why would the IAM have anything to do with this RIF? ( except the final station where the mechanic ends up at? )

AMFAinMIAMI said:

AssClown

I do get info from out side of MIA. And when I do I fwd it to guys via email.

It may happen in ORD but shouldn't it happen here in MIA as well?

The scam with the Local mgmt may come to an end since some of the mgmt may get caught in the shuffle, time will tell.

The guy's here in MIA like the way it is since no one really knows what is going on and the IGM is in full bloom here.
They all talk about the union guys but they all kiss the ring when they show up.

You hit the nail on the head with this one.  My point on the rest was that there is info out there that is supposed to be shared, but our guys refuse to share it. Therefore I get the info from those who are not in it for the scam. Here is hoping the scam goes away with the mgt changes.  :D

Overspeed said:
I'm interested how the TWU and IAM RIF procedure was reconciled. There are significant differences. This may be the last RIF under the system as we know it TWU and IAM.

Buck said:
Why would the IAM have anything to do with this RIF? ( except the final station where the mechanic ends up at? )

I took it as how will we handle RIFs in the future once we get a joint contract. The IAM way or TWU way.

DallasConehead said:

• So GP sent out a letter that confused all the stewards, and didn't hold a meeting (conference call) to discuss the points of the letter, just threw it out there.

• MIA guys don't talk to the guys because they don't want to screw up their "scam" that of course is taking care of everyone else s scam.

• The international reps struck a deal on the rif and a travel pass deal, do tell? WTF?
Did I get the points of your post correct?

Am I reading something is dysfunctional?  Our careers and retirements are dependent on these people?

You got them to a point.  Assuming you are at DFW with your name, so your reps know this stuff to per the ORD rep.  

On your first point, the ORD guy said GP and GS had several calls with all the reps on the RIF letters from the company and international. So not a GP letter.  

On your second point, Miami is one big scam after another.  Most screwed up of all the places I worked at.  The guys that have been here a while say it is the same things going on for many many years.  I now call BS on them when they actually show up, because I know they get the same info that ORD gets.  I can say that Miami is dysfunctional because of poof and friends hide the info to keep us in the dark. 

On the third point, the international signed a letter on the RIF that allowed for early outs to be an option on the bump sheet.  On the travel, I guess the international get real first class tickets and they had to give them up or something like that, so they retired to keep it.  I will see about getting more info on that.   

Personally, i really dont give a damn that the international was flying positive space while conducting union business, its the positive space on personal travel that is a problem. As far as I know, all of the unions on the property are flying positive space. I think all union reps at AA should fly positive space while doing union business only.

Buck,
The IAM process is not involved in the TAESL RIF or any other future TWU RIF until JCBA.

Slopoke,
I understand post JCBA there would have to be one process since we will all be on the same seniority list. In the TWU process the people getting RIF'd can only fill vacancies or displace the junior person in the system. I understand that is not the case with the IAM process. You can bump anyone junior to you not necessarily the most junior person in the system. An IAM person could better explain their process.

The way it used to be for us (IAM at NW) was you could bump anywhere on the system your seniority could hold. You could also bump "down" (ie a Lead exercising into a regular spot), but not "up." Kinda went w/o saying, but you had to exercise w/in your classification first, then w/in your station before going out onto the system.

2ndGENAMT said:
The IAM process will go away with a JCBA. Just my opinion.

2ndGenAMT

Having worked within the TWU system Have you ever been laid off and been required to bump?

paying for two homes while commuting is not a good thing, so having a choice of which city you go with the possibility of being close to a friend/family member away from your current station makes that bump easier to deal with. Cheaper as well. 

With the last 3 or 4 layoffs has the TWU done any the same I say "NO" the TWU and AA have sent guys to stations across the country while jr guys are in the same state. No system is completely fair or perfect. But I for one who have been in both system and seen the results would like the IAM system to remain. JMHO...

I heard that under the IAM process you also have to designate a recall rights station. So if I have multiple stations I have been RIF'd to then I must designate only one to be recalled to. Is that right?

Overspeed said:
I heard that under the IAM process you also have to designate a recall rights station. So if I have multiple stations I have been RIF'd to then I must designate only one to be recalled to. Is that right?

That I can't help you with I can't remember that detail been long time since IAM.

But once we get a JCBA and a system is worked out the new CBA will have its own language and new way that any rif's will be accomplished. That will be on us to say if that is an acceptable part of that cba. I hope guys look at all that type of stuff and not just the $$$$$.

We are supposed to have some input into this JCBA with the association, having members from both IAM/TWU so maybe just maybe we all will get what is best for the guy's who will remain at AA going fwd. I won't be here. I won't have to live/work under another TWU deal, I'm Done with it. 

So O/S your question for the most part is mute, if any future cut backs things will be done the way the association members CBA reads. 

AA89 said:
Yes, the TAESL guys have been told that the juniority pool shrinks according to early outs. But who the hell knows for sure?
Isn't it great how both the company and the union communicate, in writing, with the people around the system? Bottom line is, no one knows what the process will be because it's different each time there is a RIF. From testing, to available slots/juniority slots, to the rules when choosing to retire if your choice isn't available.
There was an updated "system open slot/juniority" list posted on local 591's website last week. Better than just a piece of paper laying on tool boxes and break tables I guess. But nothing from local 567 or the company. Is this official or just mis-information? Not surprisingly the lone affected mechanic at 591 was removed from the list and still no openings at DFW.
The shop stewards and e-board guys are MIA and when they do show up they don't have anything in writing. Is it their fault? Probably not. 
Latest "WORD" is that guys headed to a line station that pass the written test but fail the practical after 2 tries will be laid off. But only if they use their seniority to bump a junior guy. If a guy is filling an open slot, he can fail the practical and "take it later" *wink wink*.
So if 2 guys pass their written test fail their practical test and are awarded SFO, one filling an open slot and one bumping a junior mechanic, only the one filling an open slot would report there. The other would hit the street and the mechanic that would have been bumped is safe in SFO.
Oh my God.  Please don't tell me what I just read was true, and you guys operate this way within the TWU?

We all better hope in the upcoming JCBA, this "juniority" process has been thrown in the dumpster.  Along with your stupid "test".

Back