TAESL closing January 31

I have a question about the junior station lists ...
I'd like to know how they're determined and who determines how far back there allowed to go at each station in seniority ??? For an example JFK junior pool dates are from 6/1/2015 - 8/24/2015 totaling 8 stock clerks ...who determines 8 stock clerks from 6/1/2015 and why stop there why not go all the way up the list at JFK ?? I'm just using JFK as an example , Surley there are more stock clerks at JFK that have less time than the AFW stock clerks that are about to bump the system ....

lpbrian said:
Poor worthless bastards, no one wants them.
Funny, funny, but not the first time or probably the last time.  When I was rif'd in DFW in 1993 I felt like that sitting on one side of the glass wall while the guys staying were on the other side of the wall eating and relaxing.  It gives you a little perspective on your worth and how you became just a number to the company.  We all bounce back though in one form or the other.    

MetalMover said:
Very interesting that TULE isn't adding any openings.
Q. Going into 2016 we have a massively reduced dock schedule in Tulsa. Can we anticipate some new fleet types to be assigned to Tulsa to replace the MD-80 and B757s?
A. The reduction of MD-80 work in 2016 is being offset by an additional B737 line of maintenance driven by a growing fleet. The B757/B767 lines of maintenance will be supplemented with project work, such as strut improvement modification, interior retrofit and avionics upgrade modifications in order to utilize the current capacity

This is from the 3rd Qtr Earnings posting this last week on JetNet. I posted the entire section in a nother Topic on this forum.

The president of a few years back  of DFW told me yesterday that larry pike refused to agree to make DWH a maintenance base which would have saved all of afw and taesl jobs. he said most of the other presidents from the line stations and tulsa included agreed to it but he said Bob Owens and Pike did not agree. So for all who want to blame the AA there is always more to the story your fairless leaders do not tell you.  

ATD said:
The president of a few years back  of DFW told me yesterday that larry pike refused to agree to make DWH a maintenance base which would have saved all of afw and taesl jobs. he said most of the other presidents from the line stations and tulsa included agreed to it but he said Bob Owens and Pike did not agree. So for all who want to blame the AA there is always more to the story your fairless leaders do not tell you.
DWH is classified as a maintenance base. Being a base or not has nothing to do with what is happening at TAESL.

Im sure ATD is referring to the one station agreement disagreement. No surprise that a DFW ex president is pointing at Pike. Who knows who is to blame? We do have an international and evidently they saw no need to guide any of it. So once again we have guys with less seniority 20 miles away safe and sound while higher senior guys are relocating. It doesn't affect me but it sucks for alot of guys.

Im sure ATD is referring to the one station agreement disagreement. No surprise that a DFW ex president is pointing at Pike. Who knows who is to blame? We do have an international and evidently they saw no need to guide any of it. So once again we have guys with less seniority 20 miles away safe and sound while higher senior guys are relocating. It doesn't affect me but it sucks for alot of guys.
Yep, I agree. A one station with AFW/DWH/DFW would have been the most fair thing. Guys on here will rail against it. However I would venture to guess if they were being forced to relocate, while a junior guy was unaffected. They would sing a different tune. I`m unaffected as well, except I will be losing my preferred days of. Hey with only 25 years, I guess I will take what I can get lol. Good luck guys.

dvlhog212 said:
Yep, I agree. A one station with AFW/DWH/DFW would have been the most fair thing. Guys on here will rail against it. However I would venture to guess if they were being forced to relocate, while a junior guy was unaffected. They would sing a different tune. I`m unaffected as well, except I will be losing my preferred days of. Hey with only 25 years, I guess I will take what I can get lol. Good luck guys.
Fair is applying the same rules to everyone when there is a RIF. If DFW was having a major layoff and AFW were open, i dont think you would hear too many AFW guys calling for a one station agreement.

Besides, Im told that Pike made a deal with the international that will cause the jumiority list to not shrink properly. Do you think that is fair?

Back