Sandra Bland

KCFlyer said:
So when they come for your guns, you'll willingly give them up...right?  BTW....it's not illegal to act like a prick...just look at Donald Trump.
You're grasping again snowflake.

What makes you feel entitled to act like a prick to an LEO, and not have some sort of repercussions ?

You seriously that stupid?

SparrowHawk said:
I don't know what happened to Sandra Bland. The mere fact that her death has been questioned is enough.
A Libertarian declaring guilty before proven innocent? Is that only where cops are concerned?

Ms Tree said:

Is there any case law to support your assertion that blowing smoke is assault?
There are a couple, with mixed results.

In Ohio, it was battery.

http://smokelitigation.org/cases/leichtman-v-wlw-jacor-communications/

In Georgia, same result, although SCOGA reversed the ruling on the grounds that it was really a workers comp and harassment claim.

http://smokelitigation.org/cases/richardson-v-hennly-et-al/

In California, the assault charges were allowed, but the case was settled out of court.

http://smokelitigation.org/cases/portenier-v-republic-hogg-robinson-et-al/

To the point of "private property", here's a case where someone was restrained from smoking in their residence because of secondhand smoke penetrating an adjoining residence.

http://smokelitigation.org/cases/daniel-v-williams-et-al/

townpete said:
You're grasping again snowflake.

What makes you feel entitled to act like a prick to an LEO, and not have some sort of repercussions ?

You seriously that stupid?

Give up your guns then.  You'll gladly watch (and defend) a government overreach - tyranny if you will.  I thought that's a big reason to own guns in the first place.  If you're willing to tolerate tyranny, you shouldn't own a gun.    

She was upset at getting a ticket.  I'm sure that you are "mea culpa-ing" your way thru any traffic stop, and most likely would agree to submit to the strip/body cavity search for changing lanes without a signal if a "LEO" ordered you to....right?    But I noticed you didn't answer either of my questions.  Just resort to name calling.    Law Enforcement Officers are not perfect.  There are bad apples in every bunch.  Why is that so hard to admit?  

eolesen said:
A Libertarian declaring guilty before proven innocent? Is that only where cops are concerned?

In Ohio, it was battery.

In Georgia, same result, although SCOGA reversed the ruling on the grounds that it was really a workers comp and harassment claim.

In California, the assault charges were allowed, but the case was settled out of court.

To the point of "private property", here's a case where someone was restrained from smoking in their residence because of secondhand smoke penetrating an adjoining residence.

I've watched and rewatched that video and I do not see any smoke coming in the officers direction.  Where did you find that she "assaulted" the officer by blowing smoke at him?"  

eolesen said:
Yeah, I know -- that will drive the Libertarians batshit crazy, but the party line for Libertarians seems to be that that exposure to secondhand smoke isn't harmful to others, and the data supporting it is just made up.

Not a libertarian...just a proud liberal, but while you are finding that video/report that the woman did blow smoke, could you cite the medical journals that indicate that 5 seconds exposure to secondhand smoke in the outdoors is harmful?  He inhaled more dangerous things from the exhaust of his car and her car than he would have been exposed to from someone blowing one breath of some out a car window into the great outdoors.  And if the argument is that he might have been asthmatic, then I would submit that he was not physically suited to be a cop.  

And if the assertation is she blew smoke at him while his head was in her car....well, that reminds me of something an old football player (Conrad Dobler) once said..."If I'm biting them, then what are their fingers doing in my facemask?". 

KCF,
Boy  o Boy, do I REMEMBER that  'Leg-Whipping'  S O B, Conrad Dobler, along with his  'partner-in-nfl-crime....dan dierdorf    !!!!!!!!!!!!

eolesen,
GLAD your anti secondhand smoke.  Why not join me and others to get the F/tobacco companies to have to make cigarettes unavailable  over-the-counter  ??

Interesting case law but I wonder if the same standards would apply to a LEO. It's not exactly a voluntary association.

When a cop makes a traffic stop the person stopped is not going to be happy in most cases. That does not, in my opinion give the cop the right to go on a power trip which is what I think he did.

While the stop and the arrest were legally sound it seems, I do not think the cops reaction and subsequent arrest was justified.

What gives the government agent the right to be a prick to the citizen they are sworn to protect?

Ifly2 said:
What gives the government agent the right to be a prick to the citizen they are sworn to protect?

Well Ifly2,
If your a typical ... " RED-State'r "  you ALWAYS believe that THE MAN is never to be questioned, which very well accounts,  to them being to Stupid to become unionized for better wages, and stronger Job Security!

In other words.................... Get on your KNEES before "The Man"  !

(swamp water IDIOTS) !

Fear
Always most present in the toughest talking
And those that idolize pretend tough guys

KC Flier,
Hackman...please visit the Sandra Bland thread.  There we see a cop assaulting a woman who has done nothing but exercise her right to smoke a cigarette in her car.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on that issue.  All this liberal wacko has is a videocamera.  The cop had a taser and a gun.

1. A lit Cigarette could be used as a weapon if flicked in the face. He respectfully asked to extinguish it, and she got angry.
2. Bland was apparently a "black lives matter activist " and told her mother she was "going to Texas to fight injustice to blacks".
3. Bland reportedly had 30 cuts on her wrist and was depressed. Suicide is what she apparently attempted before the stop.
4. Police have every right to pull you out of a vehicle during a legal traffic stop. They are in charge, not you.
5. Bland had nasty attitude and an even worse sewer hole for a mouth, calling the police names usually doesn't end well.
6. Bland escalated the stop by refusing to comply, because she obviously hated the police.
7. Police have no obligation to take a bunch of guff from anyone. Open that door at your own risk.
8. "The cop had a taser and a gun". Nuff said.

eolesen said:

In Ohio, it was battery.

Like I said "I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED> Reading not a strong suit or just comprehension?

Peole jump to conclusions all the time and more and more is the conclusion that police screwed up. That's bad

KCFlyer said:

Not a libertarian...just a proud liberal, but while you are finding that video/report that the woman did blow smoke, could you cite the medical journals that indicate that 5 seconds exposure to secondhand smoke in the outdoors is harmful?  He inhaled more dangerous things from the exhaust of his car and her car than he would have been exposed to from someone blowing one breath of some out a car window into the great outdoors.  And if the argument is that he might have been asthmatic, then I would submit that he was not physically suited to be a cop.  

And if the assertation is she blew smoke at him while his head was in her car....well, that reminds me of something an old football player (Conrad Dobler) once said..."If I'm biting them, then what are their fingers doing in my facemask?". 

That's all that needs to be said.

Which is having a conversation with "proud" people like yourself is an exercise in futility. You're far too "experienced."

d092a56e687e437c8f414df3f0b8761f.jpg

Hackman said:

KC Flier,
Hackman...please visit the Sandra Bland thread.  There we see a cop assaulting a woman who has done nothing but exercise her right to smoke a cigarette in her car.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on that issue.  All this liberal wacko has is a videocamera.  The cop had a taser and a gun.

1. A lit Cigarette could be used as a weapon if flicked in the face. He respectfully asked to extinguish it, and she got angry.

But...she DIDN'T flick it in his face, and up to that point she was upset at getting a ticket, but she was cooperating and non threatening.  A cup of hot coffee can be thrown in his face - should you yank the guy who just left Starbuck's out of the car....just in case?   He can either say "be sure to use your signal, or hand her the ticket book to sign, which would have taken 5 seconds. at most.   If you were having a party and some of your guests were a bit rowdy and someone called the cops, and the cop saw your gun case and politely asked you to hand them over as to protect everyone from someone getting a hold of one, would you gladly hand them over?  

2. Bland was apparently a "black lives matter activist " and told her mother she was "going to Texas to fight injustice to blacks".

And she was cooperating with the police.  And it's not illegal to be black and to go to a convention.  Just like it's not illegal to be a white redneck heading to an NRA convention.

3. Bland reportedly had 30 cuts on her wrist and was depressed. Suicide is what she apparently attempted before the stop.

I'm not talking about her death.   I'm talking about the way the cop treated her.  But if you are saying that it's okay for a cop to overstep his bounds because a driver is depressed anyways, I suppose that's a good answer.

4. Police have every right to pull you out of a vehicle during a legal traffic stop. They are in charge, not you.

Yes...the government is in charge.  Remember that when they come for your guns. 

5. Bland had nasty attitude and an even worse sewer hole for a mouth, calling the police names usually doesn't end well.

Really...did you watch the video of the white soccer mom in Kansas who threatened to "f---ing kill" the cop writing her a ticket?  Why wasn't THAT woman yanked from the car and cuffed...she threatened to kill a cop.

6. Bland escalated the stop by refusing to comply, because she obviously hated the police.

I'm curious if an open carry advocate would readily comply to a cops order to leave the Walmart  because they were exercising their rights. You know...a lot of them hate the government, and a cop IS the government.

7. Police have no obligation to take a bunch of guff from anyone. Open that door at your own risk.

And citizens have no obligation to take a bunch of guff from a cop.

8. "The cop had a taser and a gun". Nuff said.

And he almost used them.  If she had a taser and a gun, would that have justified HER behaviour?

Finally - since the second amendment was enacted to protect us from the tyranny of the government, could you define tyranny for me?  I put up the Websters definition and was able to check off every one of them in this case.  But this apparently this isn't tyranny.  So I'm curious....what is? 

townpete said:

That's all that needs to be said.

Which is having a conversation with "proud" people like yourself is an exercise in futility. You're far too "experienced."

d092a56e687e437c8f414df3f0b8761f.jpg

I am beginning to see what he meant in "debating" with you.  Although I haven't made it all the way to your level, as I try not to resort to the last thing on the stupid list - name calling.  

Back