Oregon Shooting

townpete said:

Now you are being purposefully ignorant. 

Majority of the gun crimes in chicago are done by criminal gangs upon each other who obtained said weapons illegally.

Not by law abiding citizens. 

There's also plenty of stories of law abiding citizens who protected themselves from criminals in Chicago as well.
But the fact remains that even they are two groups of bad guys...each knows the other might have (most likely does) have a gun, yet they aren't deterred from doing what they planned to do.  So tell me again...how does arming law abiding citizens deter a guy who, up to that point was a law abiding citizen, from shooting up a school, theater, or mall?   

• Banned
KCFlyer said:
But the fact remains that even they are two groups of bad guys...each knows the other might have (most likely does) have a gun, yet they aren't deterred from doing what they planned to do.  So tell me again...how does arming law abiding citizens deter a guy who, up to that point was a law abiding citizen, from shooting up a school, theater, or mall?   

You dont understand why gangs have fights over territory, drugs, etc?

Seriously? Are you that obtuse to the world around you? 

To your second ignorant question: I already answered (on previous pages) on many occurrences of law abiding gun owners stopping mass shootings. I suggest you go revisit them.

Now if you want to make the case that "all guns are bad" and they "should all be banned" then step up and make that argument instead of repeating stupid what if's.

townpete said:
This is what law abiding citizens/gun owners in Chicago do:

Homeowner shoots intruder

Clerk fatally shoots armed robber at Wauconda convenience store

Homeowner Shoots Intruder In Lake Highlands

Burglar Fatally Shot By Homeowner

You see the difference KC? 

Law abiding gun orders protecting themselves from criminals with legally purchased firearms.

VS

Gang members mostly killing each other with illegally obtained firearms.

If you cant understand the basic difference then just stop.

You're just embarrassing yourself already.
Now here's the part you don't get.  The clerk in the convenience store didn't confront a gunman who entered the store and started shooting right away.  The convenience store robber most likely demanded cash.  The clerk whipped out a gun and fired first.  The homeowners were awakened by a noise and THEY confronted the burglars.  

Now...here's the difference.  People were watching a movie in a dark theater.  A guy dressed in back slips in and opens fire.  Or kids are sitting in a classroom at school, a gunman walks into the door and starts shooting.  In one case, the perp wasn't intending to kill as many as he could, so they were caught "off guard".  In the mass shootings, the perp intended to kill as many as he could, and the victims were caught "off guard".  Even if everybody in a theater or school had a gun...when the first warning that they have is the sound of gunfire - how quickly can they react?    Giving everybody a gun won't stop this stuff from happening.  

• Banned
KCFlyer said:
Now here's the part you don't get.  The clerk in the convenience store didn't confront a gunman who entered the store and started shooting right away.  The convenience store robber most likely demanded cash.  The clerk whipped out a gun and fired first.  The homeowners were awakened by a noise and THEY confronted the burglars.  

Now...here's the difference.  People were watching a movie in a dark theater.  A guy dressed in back slips in and opens fire.  Or kids are sitting in a classroom at school, a gunman walks into the door and starts shooting.  In one case, the perp wasn't intending to kill as many as he could, so they were caught "off guard".  In the mass shootings, the perp intended to kill as many as he could, and the victims were caught "off guard".  Even if everybody in a theater or school had a gun...when the first warning that they have is the sound of gunfire - how quickly can they react?    Giving everybody a gun won't stop this stuff from happening.  

Man you really are that ignorant.

The Colorado shooter (according to his notes) intentionally targeted that particular theater because he knew it was a designated gun free theater. He went out of his way to choose that theater over several others that where much closer to him.

You have a stereotype planted firmly in your head of what a law abiding gun owner is.

Until you free yourself of that then you'll continue to make idiotic statements such as you have.

townpete said:

Man you really are that ignorant.

The Colorado shooter (according to his notes) intentionally targeted that particular theater because he knew it was a designated gun free theater. He went out of his way to choose that theater over several others that where much closer to him.

You have a stereotype planted firmly in your head of what a law abiding gun owner is.

Until you free yourself of that then you'll continue to make idiotic statements such as you have.

Show me where the Colorado shooter specifically targeted that theater because it was a gun free zone.  He had some pretty detailed notes...but none of those notes mentioned "gun free zone" in them.  I've seen them....have you?  Nothing that I saw mentioned gun free zone.  Of course...right leaning publications point out that he passed 2 other theatres that were NOT in gun free zones, so obviously, the theater in the gun free zone played a role.   Can you show me where the shooter specifically stated that the gun free zone played a role?  Because if I wanted to shoot up a theater, I would also have to pass two other theaters to get to the one with the biggest crowds.  The two theaters that I would have to pass are "art house" type theaters - there are fewer people to see ALL the movies there that there are to see ONE movie at a popular multiplex.    

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

Show me where the Colorado shooter specifically targeted that theater because it was a gun free zone.  He had some pretty detailed notes...but none of those notes mentioned "gun free zone" in them.  I've seen them....have you?  Nothing that I saw mentioned gun free zone.  Of course...right leaning publications point out that he passed 2 other theatres that were NOT in gun free zones, so obviously, the theater in the gun free zone played a role.   Can you show me where the shooter specifically stated that the gun free zone played a role?  Because if I wanted to shoot up a theater, I would also have to pass two other theaters to get to the one with the biggest crowds.  The two theaters that I would have to pass are "art house" type theaters - there are fewer people to see ALL the movies there that there are to see ONE movie at a popular multiplex.    

Its rather obvious.

Come on buttercup, just drop the facade and make your argument that the US should ban all guns. Make that argument over the one you are trying to have now. You're just showing how under educated you are about firearms.

Because somehow banning and confiscating 280+ million guns is totally do-able yet deporting 30 million illegals is impossible....or something.

lol

townpete said:

Its rather obvious.

Come on buttercup, just drop the facade and make your argument that the US should ban all guns. Make that argument over the one you are trying to have now. You're just showing how under educated you are about firearms.

Because somehow banning and confiscating 280+ million guns is totally do-able yet deporting 30 million illegals is impossible....or something.

lol

So we've gone from "the Denver shooter said he picked that theater because it was a gun free zone" to "It's obvious, buttercup".  Can you give me a link to a site where he said that?  

The best I can do is link you to his notes...here they are.   YOu can read thru his ramblings about life if you want, but starting about page 26, he plans out his attack.  Gun free zone isn't mentioned...and for someone putting this much though into it, you would have thought that would have made his list of "pros".  It didn't.  

FWIW, I've never proposed banning all guns.  Just the ones that are "non automatic automatic weapons".  But that is an infringement on our God given right to shoot at squirrels at 100 rounds per minute.  

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

So we've gone from "the Denver shooter said he picked that theater because it was a gun free zone" to "It's obvious, buttercup".  Can you give me a link to a site where he said that?  

The best I can do is link you to his notes...here they are.   YOu can read thru his ramblings about life if you want, but starting about page 26, he plans out his attack.  Gun free zone isn't mentioned...and for someone putting this much though into it, you would have thought that would have made his list of "pros".  It didn't.  

FWIW, I've never proposed banning all guns.  Just the ones that are "non automatic automatic weapons".  But that is an infringement on our God given right to shoot at squirrels at 100 rounds per minute.  

See right there just show how little knowledge you have about guns.

There is no such thing as a "non automatic automatic weapon". lol

Go to a gun store and ask for one of those. You'll get laughed right out the front door.

And a majority of the shooting's that happen were from handguns. Even the Colorado shooter (shotgun).

Please don't speak about things you know nothing about. Its embarrassing.

townpete said:

See right there just show how little knowledge you have about guns.

There is no such thing as a "non automatic automatic weapon". lol

Go to a gun store and ask for one of those. You'll get laughed right out the front door.

And a majority of the shooting's that happen were from handguns. Even the Colorado shooter (shotgun).

Please don't speak about things you know nothing about. Its embarrassing.

Yep....there's not such thing as non automatic automatic weapons".  Got me on that one.  Educate me - can I legally purchase an automatic weapon?  I think the answer is no.  But I can legally purchase what this lovely lady is shooting.  It's not an automatic weapon.  But is sure behaves like one.  So it's a "non automatic automatic" weapon.  Go ahead....tell me how this isn't an automatic weapon

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQA8dwMl90I[/video]

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

Yep....there's not such thing as non automatic automatic weapons".  Got me on that one.  Educate me - can I legally purchase an automatic weapon?  I think the answer is no.  But I can legally purchase what this lovely lady is shooting.  It's not an automatic weapon.  But is sure behaves like one.  So it's a "non automatic automatic" weapon.  Go ahead....tell me how this isn't an automatic weapon

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQA8dwMl90I[/video]

That's been modified via bump fire stock add on. Technically would not fall under what ATF would consider "automatic".

Has any "bump fire stock" add on been used in a mass shooting?

No

Are you showing your ignorance again on firearms?

Yes

Your move buttercup.

• Banned
2zh2ubs.jpg

So the answer is "more laws",

lol

townpete said:

That's been modified via bump fire stock add on. Technically would not fall under what ATF would consider "automatic".

Has any "bump fire stock" add on been used in a mass shooting?

No

Are you showing your ignorance again on firearms?

Yes

Your move buttercup.

Exactly my point.  It's not CALLED an automatic...but damn that chick has a fast trigger finger.  By the way...that modification was perfectly legal too...but we wouldn't want to make any kind of law that restricts the kinds of guns you can own.  Deer season is opening soon...and this year, I'm gonna be ready.

size0.jpg

2zh2ubs.jpg

So the answer is "more laws",

lol
Again, more posts lacking fact checking. One post after another from you it seems.

In giving probation with no jail time to a Milwaukee man charged with 55 counts of buying firearms with fake identification and dealing them without a license, a federal judge delivered a message:

"People kill people", U.S. District [Judge] Rudolph Randa said, echoing a common gun rights slogan. "Guns dont kill people".

(The choice of giving Mills probation rather than jail time was apparently not the result of instructions from the Justice Department (or higher) but rather the personal discretion of Judge Rudolph Randa (who was appointed as a federal district judge by President George H.W. Bush) ...

While its true that Mills was charged with 55 counts related to improper purchase and re-sale of firearms, no available information indicates that the decision to sentence him to probation was based on anything other than Judge Randas personal discretion. Moreover, while the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin represents the federal government in criminal cases such as the one involving Mills, its merely one of 94 district courts that try cases (and agree to plea bargains) each day in the United States. By all credible accounts, Mills plea was a relatively small affair granted by a judge sympathetic to his acceptance of responsibility and non-criminal ambitions, not a function of some furtive agenda by the Justice Department to pardon illegal gun traffickers.

Read more at http://m.snopes.com/dontray-mills/#bbD2w4wXtz3RSll3.99

I know you say facts don't matter but they really do.

Back